Beasts of War | Groups | Hobby & Painting Town Square | Forum | Hobby Weekender – Head like a hole

Beasts of War Homepage

Support the Tripods & Triplanes kickstarter - Click Here

Group Admins

Hobby & Painting Town Square

Public Group active 2 hours, 31 minutes ago

This group is all about sharing great pics of beautiful models and other cool hobby stuff.

Why not show of your latest tip, trick or colour scheme and lets all get inspired.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Hobby, Painting, Terrain, Community Project, Community Feedback, Community Challenge, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Hobby Weekender – Head like a hole (123 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image mage5508p said 2 weeks ago:

God money I’ll do anything for you.
    God money just tell me what you want me to
    God money nail me up against the wall.
    God money don’t want everything he wants it all.
    No you can’t take it
    No you can’t take it
    No you can’t take that away from me
    No you can’t take it
    No you can’t take it
    Head like a hole.
    Black as your soul.
    I’d rather die than give you control.
    Head like a hole.
    Black as your soul.
    Bow down before the one you serve.
    You’re going to get what you deserve.
    God money’s not looking for the cure.
    God money’s not concerned with the sick among the pure.
    God money let’s go dancing on the backs of the bruised.
    God money’s not one to choose
    No you can’t take it
    No you can’t take it
    No you can’t take it
    No you can’t take it
    Head like a hole.
    Black as your soul.
    Head like a hole.
    Black as your soul.
    Bow down before the one you serve
    Head like a hole.
    Black as your soul.
    Head like a hole.
    Black as your soul.
    Head like a hole.
    Black as your soul.
    Head like a hole.
    Black as your soul.

Watch this space. More to follow. Pledge away.

• Avatar Image gorillawithabrush797p said 2 weeks ago:

I won’t have too much painting time this weekend, but within the next week I plan to get the wolf’s mouth, the undergarment on the girl, and the fur on the girl’s coat completed.

I’m trying to get this project off my table as quickly as possible because the resin casts for the model I’m producing should be arriving within the next couple of weeks. When they get here I want to immediately start working on the “box art” for them and making a painting video for people who preorder them. (Not to mention I already have a buyer for the Wolf and Girl, and it’ll be nice to get the money before Christmas.)

My music offering is “Liars” by Gregory Alan Isakov in honor of some breaking news today.

Interested in following my painting progress? I post WIP pictures after each painting session and am happy to chat about the hobby any time. Facebook: @GorillaPainter; Twitter: @GorillaBrush; Website: http://www.gorillawithabrush.com
    1323.jpg
  • Avatar Image querion1498p said 2 weeks ago:

My pledges are:

(1) finish one of my Primaris Leutenants for 40k
    (2) finish this bad boy for the comission:

(3) start on whatever he wants to have painted next :)

dreadfleet-shadewraith-wip-5.jpg
    dreadfleet-shadewraith-wip-1.jpg
  • Avatar Image ugleb287p said 2 weeks ago:

Tonight I begin building the grand Shaltari fleet! Soon I shall decide upon a colour scheme! Currently thinking some sort of bleached bone look with a bright contrast colour or two for the gems…

20171201_210132.jpg
  • Avatar Image biggabum2559p said 2 weeks ago:

Big thanks to @mage for hosting things this week and @evilstu for last week. Doing a fantastic job guys.

@gorillawithabrush I’ve been following your progress with this on your own thread, and just got to say it is truly a work of art. Absolutely fantastic mate.

@querion loved the last ship (if it can be called a ship) and think you’ve made a fatastic start on this one.

Well this week was going pretty rubbish, with a shed load of Hospital appointments and finding out my Heart Surgery is scheduled for Febuary. On top of that Matty had to undergo his Face to Face medical for his Personal Independance Payments, and even after explaining to them that Matty panics around people he doesn’t know they scheduled his meeting for an extrmely busy Medical Centre. So I had an already nervous Matty having a complete meltdown with crowds of people staring at him which made him worse.

Then Thursday things picked up as a parcel arrived from Australia. It contained some fantastic pieces of 3d printed terrain from a certain @evilstu. Along with three smaller buildings were a huge Barbarian/Viking house and a Longship ?(which Matty has claimed).

So My pledge for this weekend is to get the Viking House painted up.

dsc_00012.jpg

@ugleb welcome to the madhouse Sir. Bleached Bone sounds like an interesting choice for Shaltari, i’ve not seen them done in that colour scheme before (either for Dropfleet or Dropzone), look forward to sseing how they turn out.

@gorillawithabrush

Good looking work so far. 10 points and another 5 for posting first. Your painting ability never ceases to amaze me dude. I hope to run the thread til Thursday so don’t worry about getting work done or posting for the purpose of the thread :)

Ah, you are producing a model for sale yes? Pre Christmas money is always good, I’ve spend most of my recently cashed out Christmas club on gifts.

@querion the ghost boat is looking good. I love it. 10 points. How did you get the ethereal blue that way and what Chapter for your marines?

@ugleb Good to see you, nice pledge! 5 points.

@biggabum You are welcome. It is very artistic isn’t it? Very crappy of them to do that in that medical centre. Ah, nice haul, good on you @evilstu Some great looking stuff!

Hold on a sec, Matty can’t just claim them .You must battle it out for them with minis of course!

@mage for the ghost ship i just gave it a white base coat and after that a good glaze with Guilliman Blue, and finished it of with a drybrush of a bright grey and a softer drybrush with white again.

The Marines will still be my own chapter as a succesor chapter of the Salamanders. Well from time to time i may play them just als Salamanders to use their named Chacater.

@querion said:
    @mage for the ghost ship i just gave it a white base coat and after that a good glaze with Guilliman Blue, and finished it of with a drybrush of a bright grey and a softer drybrush with white again.

The Marines will still be my own chapter as a succesor chapter of the Salamanders. Well from time to time i may play them just als Salamanders to use their named Chacater.

Ah, the same ones you were working on before with the blue and purple?

@mage yep there are some more of them coming inthe future … well the rest of the Dark Imperium Box at least. So after the current one is finished 11 more of them.

• Avatar Image caladors4928p said 2 weeks ago:

This is a NiN cover

Alright, now I will answer the question!

1) What’s wrong with you?

I think it is largely just how I should be in the eyes of society clashing with the reality of life, I mean… oh that’s an insult cool, cool.

2) Do you ever finish anything, you slob?

Well, I did finish one of my pledges, I got the kingdom death thing coming in sometime this coming week, though it should have been here this week, it will be really good for me and my friend to play it I will enjoy it.

And

I am having someone over in a few hours for a campaign of shadow wars :D
    we have a whole story planned out fluff and the whole nine yards :D so….

oh yet another insult….

3) Do you always spiral out of control if they don’t put the questions up first?

I wouldn’t say spiral I would say more of just a normal downward free fall, into a loss of structure and self I mean I could reply by but it’s all so chaotic and messy I mean I am like, let’s just clean it up. And then I have some thoughts like you know the factories should just have gardens the whole city should have gardens and then go oh no I have been attacked by a Godwin and I am like why is the air so heavy in my lungs annnnnnn………….

• Avatar Image caladors4928p said 2 weeks ago:

erhm something seemed to be off there.

So pledge one! Gaming!
    Run my campaign today!
    See how we go give reports and a full on battle report? maybe but at least actually have a few games :D

Pledge two WAYPN catch up!
    I have been away from WAYPN for five weeks now! I need to catch up to everything! So I am going to be doing a major video while the other one is doing her thing, so that should only be … 8 to 10 hours worth of content :/

Pledge three! Unboxing!
    I should be getting kingdom death this coming week! So I get into that with my mate coming down to play :D But yeah getting into that will be fun :D

Pledge Four. Get back on track
    Get back to painting and making of my game and actual stuff getting back into shape, mentally and physically. :)

So yeah that’s my plan, and soon I will reply to yours, because apparently, we don’t get questions… which doesn’t trigger me at all…

• Avatar Image nakchak4311p said 2 weeks ago:

Well im back appologies for not doing as i promised and hosting a weekender a few weeks back, got back from hospital visiting my mother to discover water pissing out of my ceiling, bloody header tank in the loft had failed and emptied it self through 3 rooms in my house, so since then i have been redecorating and plumbing, fun in it self apart from the total lack of hobby.

Mythic Battles arrived early for me a few weeks back, so i pledge to at least get some primer on some of the mini’s this weekend and to finalise the lighting design of my rhino build….

Music – Sod it im going with a trent/nin theme

Someone has to…

Love this super group

The hours lost to this….

Trent produced

Cant listen to NIN without some pumpkins

Why not…

There is no ignominy, there is glory,
    There is no servitude, there is dominance,
    There is no defeat, there is victory… victory eternal!

Keep posting away guys. My pledge this weekend

(1) Post pics of finished sorceress from last weeks thread (finished yesterday)
    (2) Work on Sorceress no 2 for my Dark Elves
    (3) Gap fill and prime Dark Elf Black Guard x9
    (4) Test paint one Dark Elf Black Guard x1 (unit Champion)
    (5) Finish priming my Moonstone KS reward x9
    (6) Assemble and Prime my Nercromunda set

Work so far on the viking building

@nakchak good to see you back mate. Sorry to hear about your disaster, hope everythings looking up now.

@caladors Yeah it does feel a bit wierd with no questions this week. I’m guessing @mage was busy wrapping all the pressies he bought last week so it was a bit of a rush job :-D

dsc_00021.jpg