Beasts of War | Groups | Hobby & Painting Town Square | Forum | Hobby Weekender – Mah Nah Mah Nah

Beasts of War Homepage

Support the Nemesis Board Game kickstarter - Click Here

Group Admins

Hobby & Painting Town Square

Public Group active 7 minutes ago

This group is all about sharing great pics of beautiful models and other cool hobby stuff.

Why not show of your latest tip, trick or colour scheme and lets all get inspired.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Hobby, Painting, Terrain, Community Project, Community Feedback, Community Challenge, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Hobby Weekender – Mah Nah Mah Nah (79 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image evilstu761p said 1 week, 6 days ago:

Do do do do do de do do do do do do do do do
    Mahna Mahna
    Do doo be-do-do
    Mahna Mahna
    Do do-do do
    Mahna Mahna
    Do doo de-do-do de-do-do de-do-do de-do-do-doodle do do do-doo do!

Mahna Mahna
    Do doo be-do-do
    Mahna Mahna
    Do do-do do
    Mahna Mahna

Mahna Mahna
    Do doo be-do-do
    Mahna Mahna
    Do do-do do
    Mahna Mahna

Mahna Mahna
    Do doo be-do-do
    Mahna Mahna
    Do do-do do
    Mahna Mahna
    Do doo de-do-do de-do-do de-do-do de-do-do-doodle do do do-doo do!!!

Ok, now that I have that out of my system, on with the weekend!
    Welcome al to another weekend and another instalment of the Hobby Weekender. Newcomers please feel free to join in. Tradition dictates that there is to be no religion or politics, but hobby pledges and good tunes are all encouraged. So please make a pledge for whatever you aim to achieve in the next set of seven, share some tunes and settle in.
    A winner will be declared this week by means of the up-voting buttons so please vote for any post that makes you smile. I will also be picking the post that makes me smile most as a bonus winner.
    To stimulate the conversation it is tradition to have a few questions to respond to to get the ball rolling. So without further ado here are the questions for this week:
    1. What is one topping which, in your opinion, just should not be placed on a pizza?
    2. If you had the opportunity to visit any site of historical or archaeological import anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
    3. When was the last time you pulled an all-nighter and why?…

Some tunes to get the ball rolling…

• Avatar Image dawfydd1130p said 1 week, 6 days ago:

Cool, pledge time:
    mainly I want to try to finish these Wolves, but I’ll settle for getting them to the wash stage:

I’ve also got a clutch of my old Catachans and Marines in the tub of Biostrip20 that I’d like to get cleaned up. Results on previous plastics have been encouraging (I’ve managed to get parts to build some Long Fangs, Grey Hunters, and a Devastator squad recovered so far)

1: Pineapple – I can cope with it in my sweet & sour chinese dishes, but on pizza that’s just WRONG….
    2: Tricky. I’ve visited a good chunk of the ancient archaeology of the British Isles, and get tapped to show Scout & Guide association groups around local sites such as Avebury because of my knowledge of them. Any site though? Maybe some of the ancient cities of Cambodia & Vietnam for something different? Or The Great Wall?
    3: Easy one this – did my local cinemas The Force Awakens/Last Jedi double bill that started Episode VIII at midnight. By the time we got to the end of the film and then got home it was gone 04:00. Couple of hours in bed and back up ready for a few days off (learnt my lesson off Rogue One – book a day off if doing something like that…)

2017-12-31-105422.jpg
  • Avatar Image warcolours59p said 1 week, 6 days ago:

@evilstu, you do know that that tune is originally from the soundtrack of an italian soft core movie from the sixties, right? =)

Warcolours Miniature Painting Studio
  • Avatar Image nakchak4423p said 1 week, 6 days ago:

Pledge try and get more work done on super detailed rhino…
    1) Chocolate spread its vile, marmite and tuna is nice though
    2) Probably the peruvian ruins because they look awesome and unlike anything else
    @dawfydd you local to avebury then?, used to spend a lot of time there in my youth, now living the bristol side of bath…, much like you ive seen pretty much all of interest in the uk and much of main land europe’s stuff is similar, bored to death of roman stuff, as i have lived in gloucester, bath and cirencester and been to caerleon too many times, also if you have the choice of avebury or stone henge goto avebury its MUCH MUCH better and way less touristy (plus you wont spend 90% of your time looking at the stones in a traffic jam) and you are freeer to wander about and not be stuck in a endless stream of tourists disgorging from one coach to walk the path and back onto the next coach via the gift shop….
    3) last night, patching and assessing impact of intel’s SNAFU thats made the news, nothing to worry about if you dont run disk and network heavy servers, major pain if you do, looks like we are going to double our cloud compute bill to maintain existing service levels and have to buy a couple more servers :(
    <– the official soundtrack to warhammer quest ;)

There is no ignominy, there is glory,
    There is no servitude, there is dominance,
    There is no defeat, there is victory… victory eternal!

@dawfydd sounds like a solid pledge. Hope the stripping turns out just as well for the current batch. I hear you on the pineapple – pizza should be savoury rather than sweet in my opinion… Yeah Angkor Wat would be amazing to see, but I’d probably be more curious to see the ruins of the rest of the complexes that haven’t been as well preserved due to encroachment of the jungle. I don’t know why but seeing trees growing up and through massive set stone blocks of ancient structures just strikes me as visually appealing – possibly too much fantasy trope artwork as a kid?…

@warcolours no, no i did not know that. Am now unsure if that makes the song seedy and creepy or just way cooler…?

@nakchak chocolate spread on a pizza? Nope sorry can’t even imagine that one. I can almost get my head around chocolate spread heated and poured over ice cream (like the choc-top cones that you used to be able to get at the cinema years ago). Keen to see how the rhino is progressing – are you at a stage where you would be able to post a progress pic? Yeah every time I talk to someone in IT I get a renewed appreciation for how complicated (and frustrating) the work can be – It just seems to be a constant uphill battle to maintain networks. I don’t think I’d be cut out for it to be honest, but hats off to you for stoically powering on through :)

• Avatar Image mage5676p said 1 week, 6 days ago:

Pledge for the weekend:
    ———————————

(1) Finish my Dark Elf Blackgaurd (now the ‘Darkling Coven’ faction in Age of Sigmar)

(2) Update my light box thread of better photos of the same models with advice given

(3) post a fresh HOG of an older mini collection – a complete and self contained painting diary of one of my armies

As for (3) I’ll list armies later and we can do a vote based on what you guys might like to see

I’ll get back to questions and music later. Today I have custody o f my son and it’s pay day so I’m busy with a few things. I’ll be free this evening. Booked the night off work to have more time with my son this visit as well as have a break from work. Sinuses are acting up again. Have other stuff to do too. Phew. Lots going on

• Avatar Image nakchak4423p said 1 week, 6 days ago:

@evilstu apparently someone is the BS mongering department (marketing and sales, can tell im a techy ;) ) thought it was a good idea:

When two become one: Introducing the Domino’s Lotta-Chocca chocolate pizza

I once watched Cad from 4ground eat one lol, my misses is a chocoholic and it was even too much for her, only time i have heard her use the words disgusting in relation to chocolate lol!
    As for the rhino im hoping to find the time to get the interior done and assembled, as i need to get it off the sprue to be able measure for the lighting rig.

Of course i may go feck it and give in to temptation and start another project as i got a forgeworld voucher for Christmas and im itching to get prepping on my haul…
    as i have one of these:

one of these:

and one of these:

To build and paint, and im itching to try the weathering powder set i bought from them as well ;)

• Avatar Image mage5676p said 1 week, 6 days ago:

I vote for the laser vindicator

• Avatar Image biggabum2574p said 1 week, 6 days ago:

Happy New Year guys.

And a big thanks to @evilstu for taking the reigns this week.

I may be a bit quiet on saturday due to it being Matty’s 28th birthday, but we are going to get a game of Wild West Exodus in at some point, with Matty trying out his Doomsday and using the new Mat I got for Christmas. So that is this weekends pledge.

On to the questions.

1) Anything Matty suggests !! Ive had some really strange suggestions from the lad ranging all the way from Chocolate Hob Nobs to tinned spaghetti hoops. Needless to say we usually stick to the more traditional toppings.

2) Mmmm, actually I live in Shrewsbury (the town the Cadfael novels are set in and around), which has a fantastic history in itself, but I think I would probably like to visit Egypt. Apparently the beach there is huge.

3) Every night is an all nighter for me. Both Matty and Amy Sleepwalk and the wife needs attention throughout the night due to her illness, so you will often find me on Facebook playing Candy Crush Saga at 3 am in the morning :-D

• Avatar Image limburger1957p said 1 week, 5 days ago:

oh god … that song again … make it … ssstop.
    still not quite as bad as the one they’ve got in the Efteling.

Muppets rule!

Pledge wise I’ve got Dreadball to unpack and read. I’m not sure if I get to the assembling and painting bit, because my flippin’ primaris marines are still staring at me all gray like.

1. What is one topping which, in your opinion, just should not be placed on a pizza?
    Not being a fan of pizza I’d say anything … but i think mayonaise wouldn’t make for a good topping, unless that’s a pizza with fries and who’d want that ?

2. If you had the opportunity to visit any site of historical or archaeological import anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
    I honestly wouldn’t know what to pick for this one.
    Although Auswitsch might be on that list.

3. When was the last time you pulled an all-nighter and why?…
    If I ever do that it’s because of a video game that’s so intense that I forget to go to bed.
    XCom 2 was the latest to do that I think.
    Civilization is so dangerous that I try not to play it at all unless I really know that I’ve got nothing planned for the weekend.

Ready for some bad jokes ?
    Just bear with me then …

festina lente cauta fac omnia mente
  • Avatar Image nakchak4423p said 1 week, 5 days ago:

@limburger mayo on pizza with kebab meat is great

• Avatar Image limburger1957p said 1 week, 5 days ago:

Another mysterious package was heading my way … and it’s not mysterious, because I got the details now :-D
    It’s Flash point and all of the expansions
    - Flash Point
    - Tragic Events (kickstarter)
    - 2nd Story
    - Extreme Danger
    - Honor & Duty
    - Urban Structures
    - Veteran & Rescue Dog
    - Dangerous Waters

This seems appropiate :

@nakchak
    *eh* if you say so.
    I’d say the pizza dough ruins the entire experience … :-p

• Avatar Image evilstu761p said 1 week, 5 days ago:

Ha! Leave it to a multinational fast food chain to figure out how to cram more sugar in to our diets…

Heatwave forecast for this weekend (Already above 22 degrees before 9am) so got up early and had a pretty productive morning. Watered the garden, went for a run (well, more a slow jog followed by coughing and wheezing, but you get the idea…) a grocery shop, ran a load of washing then went up into the ceiling to put down mouse traps, and finally spray painted the roof sections for my Stoic Arms Inn. Now sitting down to a healthy breakfast of chicken, bacon and sauerkraut (because it’s important not to overdo the health kick :-P ).

My pledge for the week will be to keep chipping away at the Stoic Arms Inn. maybe something else if the weather doesn’t get too hot to paint…

On the topic of the Swedish Chef:…

• Avatar Image evilstu761p said 1 week, 5 days ago:

@mage thanks for the stellar job hosting for the last couple of weeks. Enjoy the time with your son this weekend :) Hope the sinuses are holding up OK. A solid looking pledge this week. Amd good to see the HOG acronym taking off :)

@nakchak that’s some serious kit you have stashed :) The Forge World stuff always tempts me, and I don’t even play 40k…

@biggabum those are some fairy non-conventional pizza toppings. Not sure how adding more carbs to a pizza would work? Although I have heard of people putting potato on a pizza… Hope the game goes well and please wish Matty a happy birthday!

@limburger that carnival music is really something else… Although I am a fan of the Swedish Chef’s rendition of Popcorn :D Hope you have enough storage space sorted for all the kit you have had arriving in the last couple of months, you must be drowning in bubble wrap and packing noodles by now :-P