Beasts of War | Groups | Hobby & Painting Town Square | Forum | Lance’s Projects // Streams Tues & Thurs 8pm BST

Beasts of War Homepage

Support the War is Coming: Warmaidens & Dragonbreds Kickstarter Campagin - Click Here

Group Admins

Hobby & Painting Town Square

Public Group active 8 minutes ago

This group is all about sharing great pics of beautiful models and other cool hobby stuff.

Why not show of your latest tip, trick or colour scheme and lets all get inspired.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Hobby, Painting, Terrain, Community Project, Community Feedback, Community Challenge, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Lance’s Projects // Streams Tues & Thurs 8pm BST (38 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image lancorz950p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

I figured it’s about time I should show some development before and after the streaming on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Tonight at 8pm BST on Twitch I’ll be painting up some Wrath of Kings upon request from the previous event. I’ve quickly based up some of the models today on lunch and now I’m pretty excited to begin. Apologies in advance for the awful phone camera shots, I’ll get some decent shots with the DSLR soon.

Any suggestions for paint schemes?

Twitter @Lancorz | Twitch Live Tue/Thur 8pm GMT
    Community Manager / Editor Extraordinaire
    base-sculpting-1.jpg
    base-sculpting-2.jpg
    base-sculpting-3.jpg
  • Avatar Image avernos1113p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Hadross, great choice, I’m loving the basing work you’ve done there you should check the office for the green stuff tentacle maker if you ever do any more ;)

Looking forwards to seeing how they turn out, I should be about for the stream myself tonight to gawk along.

Daemons and Shit!

Sophia LIVES!!!

Started off with some bold colours which I don’t think anyone liked but as time went on, I shown them, I shown them all!

hadross-progress-1.jpg

More basing completed over lunch break, looking forward to painting this water.

wrath-of-kings-progress-2.jpg
  • Avatar Image avernos1113p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

@lancorz did mister pinchy get caught in a net?

• Avatar Image mage4795p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Looking good!

Guys, I don’t mean to sound like a card-carrying caveman here, but what in blazes is twitch and how can I participate in this or watch?

• Avatar Image zombieking663p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

nice basing man! will have to drop into your stream again soon.

lol @mage twitch is a site that lets folk broadcast pretty much anything they want – so basically we all watch @lancorz paint and tell him how mellifluous his voice is!

it’s free – once youve signed up, you can join in with the chat log during a broadcast too. https://www.twitch.tv/

brainzzz or GTFO!
  • Avatar Image mage4795p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

So it is to live videos and streaming as imgur sort of is to photos.

• Avatar Image halfmileduck81p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Loving the streams @lancorz thanks for sharing and making my painting & hobby time much more enjoyable.

Thanks for the feedback all, I was working a little over the weekend on the other Hadross models to get them ready for Tuesday’s stream.

Mostly focusing on the base layering and readying the rusting of the Bronze armour. The tentacles, weaponry and bases still are yet to be started on the shading process.

I got Lloyd with his fancy phone to take some photos. I’ll find my DSLR someday…

wrath-of-kings-progress-3v1.jpg
    wrath-of-kings-progress-3v2.jpg
    wrath-of-kings-progress-3v3.jpg
  • Avatar Image amachan134p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

The iconography on the mini’s remind me of Lorule from “The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds”, their princess Hilda and this. :p

See my work on Facebook:

princess-hilda-business-card.png

The stream from last night was very fun, good conversation and great progress pictures sent through via Twitter.

I’ve basically completed the Hadross faction now, the only thing that I feel is left to complete is highlighting the edges of the armour and obviously the basing. Perhaps a gloss wash would work well over the tentacles etc. Now it’s time to tackle the crab.

Great thanks to @halfmileduck for making me freehand swirly symbols on the staff <_<

I’ll be back again tomorrow evening, Thursday 8pm GMT. I should also mention that thanks to you guys I’ve now been accepted as a Twitch affiliate. :D

wrath-of-kings-progress-4v1.jpg
    wrath-of-kings-progress-4v2.jpg
    wrath-of-kings-progress-4v3.jpg
    wrath-of-kings-progress-4v4.jpg
  • Avatar Image halfmileduck81p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Fantastic work dude, I think some gloss action on the tentacles would definitely add to the aquatic feel. Thanks for the brilliant stream, really enjoy it and your own feedback on people’s work whilst we all hobby too. Looking forward to tomorrow!

• Avatar Image lancorz950p said 2 months ago:

We had a great stream tonight, a little moment of silence for Chester Bennington, following up with all their old songs. Finished up the Hadross Models ethis evening, bar the giant Crab. Now, it’s time for some wine and enjoying the night.

Next stream, I shall be either painting some Twilight Miniatures or Oathsworn. :)

hadross-complete-1.jpg
    hadross-complete-2.jpg
  • Avatar Image avernos1113p said 2 months ago:

sorry I missed the stream, I actually had the evening off, but I’m distracted by getting stuff done for the Rorke’s Drift game, I’ll catch it up later. Are you coming down on Sunday?