Beasts of War | Groups | Hobby & Painting Town Square | Forum | Life in the hell of war, Shades of Spring

Beasts of War Homepage

Support The 12 Realms - Dungeonland Kickstarter Coming Soon - Click Here

Group Admins

Hobby & Painting Town Square

Public Group active 39 minutes ago

This group is all about sharing great pics of beautiful models and other cool hobby stuff.

Why not show of your latest tip, trick or colour scheme and lets all get inspired.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Hobby, Painting, Terrain, Community Project, Community Feedback, Community Challenge, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Life in the hell of war, Shades of Spring (10 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image benthebrave2135p said 5 days, 2 hours ago:

so I decided to try my hand at The Shades of Spring challenge. i really wanted to get the idea of piece and life in the middle of a 40k battle ground. to start i drew a picture of what i wanted. so my idea is to have a ruined building with a Dark Angel and a Chaos chosen fitting with a bird sleeping with a baby bird under it’s wing. that way it shows a seen of utter Chaos but the birds are at piece. i’ll upload further images as it comes together.

img_1728.jpg

okay so i got hold of a piece of polystyrene to make it out of. it’s just insulating foam from HomeDepot. i then cut it into the shapes i needed for the wals of the building and drew lines to make bricks that are 1″/2″.

img_1716.jpg

after that i used a dull pencils to crease the lines.

img_1717.jpg

then (i’v said then way to much haven’t i) i made the base of two large squares the first was one and a half feet the second was one and four inches. the base in this pic has some other detailing which i’ll explain next.

img_1720.jpg
  • Avatar Image benthebrave2135p said 5 days, 1 hour ago:

to make a rock texture i used something we all have. my fingernail. i just scratched it to remove sections of foam changing directions to keep it natural.

img_17241.jpg
    img_1725.jpg
  • Avatar Image lancorz634p said 4 days, 4 hours ago:

@benthebrave21 you can insert images into the post by clicking the “Insert into Editor” as you post.

Twitter @Lancorz
  • Avatar Image benthebrave2135p said 4 days, 3 hours ago:

@lancorz thanks that is going to be helpful.

• Avatar Image benthebrave2135p said 4 days, 1 hour ago:

these are the tools i’v used and am going to use. Razer blade to cut out the shapes, scalpel/hobby knife to clean them up and put creases and cracks in the rocks marker pencil and ruler to make and creas the lines on the walls. and the propane blow torch to smooth and harden the foam as well as make little pools for water effects later.

img_17402.jpg
  • Avatar Image benthebrave2135p said 1 day, 5 hours ago:

okay next step complete. i’v now base coated all the foam as well as a few rock hills i made by cutting out foam shapes, using a hobby knife to make gorges, and then blow torching it to make it smooth and hard.

img_1750.jpg
    img_1751.jpg
    img_1753.jpg
    img_1754.jpg
  • Avatar Image benthebrave2135p said 1 day, 5 hours ago:

img_1758.jpg
    img_1756.jpg