Beasts of War | Groups | Hobby & Painting Town Square | Forum | Lost Patrol painting project (Finished)

Beasts of War Homepage

Infinity Beyond Packs, Pre-Orders Start Monday July 24th - Click Here

Group Admins

Hobby & Painting Town Square

Public Group active 5 minutes ago

This group is all about sharing great pics of beautiful models and other cool hobby stuff.

Why not show of your latest tip, trick or colour scheme and lets all get inspired.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Hobby, Painting, Terrain, Community Project, Community Feedback, Community Challenge, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Lost Patrol painting project (Finished) (17 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image wispa38p said 3 weeks, 5 days ago:

First of an irregular set of pics on my progress to paint Lost Patrol game.. (hoping that posting will encourage me to complete it!).

All the 40K excitement has encouragement to get round to finally painting my Lost Patrol minis as I prepare for to jump into 40K for the first time. I’m going to use these minis as test pieces for potential schemes for potential armies I’ve looking at.

Genestealers scheme / steps…

Missed a photo of the next step but it was just painting carapace black, then applying a couple of thinned layers of red moving closed to the edge of the carapace each time.

Next step is to texture the base and add some plastic pond plants to roughly match the game tiles…

img_0771.jpg
    img_0772.jpg
    img_07731.jpg
    img_07741.jpg
  • Avatar Image mage4302p said 3 weeks, 5 days ago:

Looking good so far. I love the deep shading on the carapace. Provides an excellent contrast to the red of the miniature.

• Avatar Image wispa38p said 3 weeks, 5 days ago:

First model complete (at least until I look at it again in the morning!).

I’m very pleased with the results, look good on the tiles I think (see post below). It’s probably more effort that I would want to spend if I was doing a 40K army in this style but I’m not (at least not yet!). Just need to do this 11 more times now!

img_08061.jpg
    img_08101.jpg
    img_08081.jpg
    img_08111.jpg
  • Avatar Image urbanfox6p said 3 weeks, 4 days ago:

Cool. Haven’t played Lost Patrol in ages. Time to have another go at it. Good fun even though you never win.

• Avatar Image wispa38p said 3 weeks, 4 days ago:

On game tiles

Question – Anyone know why sometimes photos are rotated 180 degrees when uploaded? Spent ages trying to figure a way round it, got there through luck in the end I think.

img_0817-1.jpg
    img_0816-2.jpg
  • Avatar Image laughingboy434p said 3 weeks, 4 days ago:

Looking great dude, way better than my efforts some time ago. I managed to paint it in a day as my boys were so desperate to play and still often like tearing the poor marines apart.

If you interesting there was some additional rules in a White Dwarf not long ago to use Terminators.

13603360_10208215706845140_1590494744492248582_o.jpg
  • Avatar Image wispa38p said 3 weeks, 4 days ago:

Thanks for the kind words.
    @laughingboy I like the purple tone on yours. I’m thinking I might have given myself a bit of a headache here as it took me many hours to do just one. I picked up that WD wit the extra rules but thanks for the heads up.

• Avatar Image wispa38p said 2 weeks, 5 days ago:

The 11 remaining genestealers have had most of the work done on them now, just need basing.

img_0820b.jpg
  • Avatar Image urbanfox6p said 2 weeks, 5 days ago:

Excellent work. Dug out my game. Played nine times and still nowhere near the drop pod but it’s great fun.

• Avatar Image milmaa135p said 2 weeks, 5 days ago:

@wispa these are lovely mate (for bugs)
    Really love the red to black transition!

Following with interest :)

• Avatar Image wispa38p said 1 week, 5 days ago:

All based and varnished now. Couldn’t get them all into my lightbox at once but here’s some pics to give a general feeling for them.

I’m pleased with the result, they look good on the tiles which was the main objective. On to the 5 scout models now…

img_08312.jpg
    img_0830.jpg
    img_0823.jpg
  • Avatar Image wispa38p said 5 days ago:

Space Marines all done.
    I went for Space Wolf chapter as that’s the army I plan to starting playing 40K with so thought I’d make use of the scouts from this game. That’s why I’ve stuck them to clear bases as well, as I didn’t want to have them on jungle bases that would look obviously wrong with my plans for main force.

Posting on this forum certainly helped motivate me to finish this so thanks for letting us do that here BoW.

Left to right – Tom, Simon & Jim.

Left to right – Dutch & Sarge

img_11323.jpg
    img_11353.jpg
    img_11382.jpg
    img_1116.jpg
  • Avatar Image craigwrdouglas371p said 4 days, 20 hours ago:

The guys look great!

You get so much more out of your games if you name your guys!

I’ve got some space romans that I am working on, – I’m thinking of Names like Octavian, Caesar, Pliny, Hadrian, Augustus.,

• Avatar Image zombieking619p said 4 days, 7 hours ago:

Nice work dude, I love how well the stealer’s colour scheme and their bases work with the gametiles. Those wee plants youve added are a suberb touch :)

brainzzz or GTFO!
  • Avatar Image mage4302p said 4 days, 7 hours ago:

Space Wolves eh? Nice! Awesome Lost Patrol set @wispa