Beasts of War | Groups | Hobby & Painting Town Square | Forum | Madgolem’s armies – LOTR Ruins

Beasts of War Homepage

Forge of Destiny Facebook - Click Here

Group Admins

Hobby & Painting Town Square

Public Group active 3 hours, 53 minutes ago

This group is all about sharing great pics of beautiful models and other cool hobby stuff.

Why not show of your latest tip, trick or colour scheme and lets all get inspired.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Hobby, Painting, Terrain, Community Project, Community Feedback, Community Challenge, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Madgolem’s armies – LOTR Ruins (42 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image madgolem275p said 1 year ago:

This topic is my hobby blog. I show you some finished armies, army projects or just stuff that i paint or build. Hope you like it.

Inspired by the bootcamp this weekend i thought it might be interesting to see another German Afrika Corps army. I built this one a while ago. All Tanks are from Zvezda (1/100) with bits and pieces from Battlefront. The Stuka is from Revell (1/144). Unfortunately i have no decals for the tanks (it’s very hard to get them in Germany, because swastika are forbidden and the decalsheet has a lot of them).

Currently i’m working on a german Sturmabteilung for Warhammer Historical “The Great War”. I finished the first platoon of Stormtroopers and working now on the company command. All miniatures are from Great War Miniatures.

• Avatar Image avernos1773p said 1 year ago:

lovely work, the edge highlighting is really well done.
    If you’re interested in getting the decals you can buy sheets that just have the numbers here

or just the balkenkreuz

if you can’t order them direct or run into difficulties and you want them let me know and I’ll order them and post them across.

Anyway I’m just home so time to get a brew on and start painting some of my own tanks from the bootcamp.

“Daemons and Shit!” -BoW Lloyd 2017

Sophia Lives!!!

Thanks a lot for your help! Numbers and Balkenkreuze are not forbidden, so i will try to order the decals.
    Happy painting!

• Avatar Image mage6045p said 1 year ago:

Very nice stuff so far!

Thank you!!!

• Avatar Image mage6045p said 1 year ago:

The German tank company is cool. I want to do Germans in Konflikt 47, what era / battalion / theater is it from?

My Tank company is for the mid war era (1942/43) on the north african theater. All tanks are 15mm. I think you can build a Afrikakorps army for Konflikt 47. You can use the miniatures from Perry Miniatures for the normal troops and use the range from Warlord Games for the the special guys, the tanks and walkers. Paint it all in the colours of the Afrikakorps and it will be awesome.

• Avatar Image oriskany13014p said 1 year ago:

Awesome German DAK armor by @madgolem ! Some of the DAK armor I brought to the boot camp pre-built and painted was Zvezda as well. You did a great job on these. I can attest tanks like these are deceptively tough to do (they look very simple with just sand-yellow and some dark grays and blacks) – but it’s actually quite challenging to make such a “simple” color scheme look striking on a table top, and with no camouflage to cover your “mistakes.”

You mention that decals are tough to find. Might I suggest PSC? They sell 15mm and 20mm decal sheets without swastikas for like $6.00 USD – you won’t have any DAK insignia (which unfortunately includes the symbol) but at least you’ll have some great balkenkreuz and tactical numbers.

These are the ones I used on my DAK force at the boot camp.

Great job!

Battles of Sidi Bou Zid and Kasserine Pass, Tunisia – 75th Anniversary – February, 1943
    Historical Editor – Beasts of War

Thanks a lot! Plastic soldier is a good idea. I know some german online shops who sell their stuff.
    Your tanks look awesome. Are they all the battle front plastic kits? I really wish i had been there.

Just a little Wip of my stormtrooper company command group.

• Avatar Image oriskany13014p said 1 year ago:

@madgolem – Thanks! Actually most of them are Zvezda, same as yours (Pz IVs). Others are PSC (Pz IIIs). Of course, for the Zvezda ones, I had to do a little extra work for additional detail (drill out barrels and muzzle brakes).

The Battlefront ones we got at the boot camp I haven’t put together yet. Some other projects to knock out first (like some Battlefront Team Yankee Bundeswehr Marder APCs).

i love your storm troopers. I had to put a similar camo scheme (as on your stormtrooper’s helmet) on some early WW2 French tanks, so I know how exacting and difficult that kind of camo scheme is.

And I love the map! That is such a great little detail! Excellent work!

Again, thank you very much.
    With the decals on i did not realize that the tanks are from zvezda, although the look a little bit familiar. I also did not know that they are making Panzer IV F2. I think i will add some to my tank company.
    Painting the helmets is a little bit fiddly but with a good brush it’s doable (provided that you have not drunk too much coffee;)).
    I thought he look at the map asking “Wo geht es zur Schlacht?” (Where is the battle?).

• Avatar Image torros4254p said 1 year ago:

From what I know of the Sturm battalions the answer is ” About 10m in front of us”

That’s true. They were really tough guys.