Beasts of War | Groups | Hobby & Painting Town Square | Forum | MBP

Beasts of War Homepage

Support the Tripods & Triplanes kickstarter - Click Here

Group Admins

Hobby & Painting Town Square

Public Group active 2 hours, 32 minutes ago

This group is all about sharing great pics of beautiful models and other cool hobby stuff.

Why not show of your latest tip, trick or colour scheme and lets all get inspired.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Hobby, Painting, Terrain, Community Project, Community Feedback, Community Challenge, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

• Avatar Image martin45663p said 1 week, 5 days ago:

The first part of my MBP pledge arrived on Thursday morning….

I could not afford the top pledge at the time so I cherry picked the bits I wanted. The expansions were the first to arrive.

Up until I saw MBP on BOW I had never backed a Kickstarter – mostly through fear of losing money or being disappointed with the end product. However after watching numerous videos and Demo games on BOW I backed MBP on day one. I could not afford the top tier pledge at the time but I think I picked the best parts for me personally.

Anyways enough waffle – I have made a start on my first box the Hephaestus expansion.

These are the mechanical warriors…wip

just laying in base colours on Acamas…

img_0266.jpg
    img_02671.jpg
    img_02682.jpg
    img_02691.jpg
    img_02711.jpg
    img_02731.jpg
  • Avatar Image chillreaper320p said 1 week, 5 days ago:

Love the colour that you got on the Mechanical Warriors – so clean and shiny!

It’s going to be great painting the minis, different styles to work on; monsters, divinities, stone, metal, fire and lava, glow effects, skin, cloth, fur – it’s going to make a change from futuristic armour and guns.

@chillreaper They were the exact reasons I backed MBP – it was for something completely different from the norm to paint.

The miniatures themselves are really good – very little to no flashing – they take primer and paint really well. I don’t know who they use exactly to make the mini’s but they need to keep them on board for future projects. The mini’s are top notch quality.

• Avatar Image limburger1862p said 1 week, 5 days ago:

That’s looking good :-)
    I’ve only opened the titans box and they look lovely and almost perfect.
    Did you open any of the other boxes yet ?

festina lente cauta fac omnia mente

@limburger – I have opened them – just to take a quick peek. They all look amazing.

• Avatar Image martin45663p said 1 week, 4 days ago:

I’ve started to experiment with lava bases – something I’ve never done before but I think it’s turned out ok…

img_02751.jpg
  • Avatar Image lancorz1130p said 1 week, 4 days ago:

Love the progress on the mechanical warriors, they look very much like the Dwemer in the Oblivion series.

Twitter @Lancorz | Twitch Hiatus
    Community Manager / BoW Lead Editor
  • Avatar Image chillreaper320p said 1 week, 4 days ago:

@martin45

Is that done with cork sheeting and hot glue? Looks like something that I wouldn’t be too keen to stand on! I can almost hear it going bubble and blop!

I’m still thinking of perspex bases, but the more that I see what people are coming up with is making me think about reconsidering my plan.

@chillreaper Yes mate it was done exactly that way and to be honest it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. I looked through old vids on youtube and this appeared to give the best results…

I thought about using transparent bases myself but I like messing about with bases and I think they look quite cool plus they add that little bit more colour to the mini’s themselves…

• Avatar Image carlosfandango228p said 1 week, 4 days ago:

I actually cannot bear the wait much longer. I have NEVER wanted a KS to arrive as much as this…and I have backed a few ????

• Avatar Image limburger1862p said 1 week, 4 days ago:

@martin45 :
    I’d also suggest looking at the lava floor bases that @caladors made for massive darkness :
    http://www.beastsofwar.com/groups/painting/forum/topic/making-mixed-lava-bases-for-massive-darkness/

Glue gun can be a little tricky…but nothing a scalpel can’t solve. :)

@carlosfandango if it’s any consolation the wait will definitely be worth it. – Hope you get yours soon fella….

@lancorz I just liked the colours but your right…. :)

img_02762.jpg
  • Avatar Image martin45663p said 1 week, 1 day ago:

Here is my progress so far…

First up is Talos..

Lava Golems..

The Colchis Bull…

Mechanical Warriors…

img_02773.jpg
    img_02783.jpg
    img_02795.jpg
    img_02803.jpg
  • Avatar Image georgesealy184p said 1 week, 1 day ago:

Loving the strong colour schemes, and the obvious efforts to match them to the playing surface. Looks great!

• Avatar Image martin45663p said 1 week ago:

I’m working on the Caucasian Eagle…. progress so far..

img_02813.jpg
    img_02823.jpg