Beasts of War | Groups | Hobby & Painting Town Square | Forum | Milmaa’s Hobby log

Beasts of War Homepage

Infinity Beyond Packs, Pre-Orders Start Monday July 24th - Click Here

Group Admins

Hobby & Painting Town Square

Public Group active 7 minutes ago

This group is all about sharing great pics of beautiful models and other cool hobby stuff.

Why not show of your latest tip, trick or colour scheme and lets all get inspired.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Hobby, Painting, Terrain, Community Project, Community Feedback, Community Challenge, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Milmaa’s Hobby log (50 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image milmaa135p said 6 months, 2 weeks ago:

Hi guys,

This is something I promised myself that I would do in this new year to try get involved more in the community here. Normally I watch the weekender and XLBS as well as the 40K videos and read the odd forum post. But now is time to mingle, and build my hobby confidence and experience.

My blog will contain work in progress posts showing what I’m working on, perhaps asking for advice and comments along the way. I’m hoping the running of this will help keep me motivated to keep painting!
    It will also contain my thoughts on what more hobby wise I would like to get into. I’m a 40K collector and I would like to play more games, thats also on my list to do this year. But Age of Sigmar has looked tempting so There may well be posts about my thoughts in joining that game too.

Bit about me, Ive collected 40K since 2nd edition with large breaks in between some editions it must be said, thats really the only table top game I have got involved with. I live in Lisburn Northern Ireland (so any one close looking for friendly games etc – hit me up!) and I’m starting to feel old (34)

My first love is the Space Wolves, but have a couple of small other marine forces. I am looking to start an Ork and Tau force at some point to give me some variety.

So yes, hello all, I look forward to sharing my hobby with you all.

Marty

Well First off some of my current force:

My version of my favourite Wolf Lord – Ragnar Blackmane
    Yes blonde hair, just like the 2nd edition model. Ive always stuck with that look, despite him being depicted as dark haired in the more recent stories.

ragnar2117.jpg

The current size of my painted force.
    There is much more to be built and painted, hopefully we can watch it grow as time progresses!

force2117.jpg

Probably my favourite of my dreadnoughts;

img_16251.jpg
  • Avatar Image jonhay204p said 6 months, 2 weeks ago:

Excellent Wolves there- I’m trying to do much the same thing as yourself in terms of getting more involved with the Community so I’ll be following this log with interest!

I haven’t played 40k since about 4th Ed, but used to have a small 13th Co. collection- is that a new official version of Ragnar, or a conversion?

• Avatar Image joerugby565p said 6 months, 2 weeks ago:

Welcome happy new year and Cool wolves dude :)

Like the army shot, re Blonde Ragnar he probably just died his hair when he was young ;)

Diary of a Inquisitor (Other Sci fi in 40k fluff and Pics)
    My P&M thread</

Thanks guys, happy new year too!

@jonhay That Ragnar is a conversion based on the Gabriel Seth model. It was pretty simple, as really thats thanks to my limited conversion skills :)

@Joerugby Ha! yes thats a good explanation. Dying hair was a phase in his youthful exuberance!

recently I picked up a squad of Death Watch vets and they have made it on to my desk this week.
    Got the five of them built and undercoated so far, here’s an example (yes its the Space Wolf);

I’ve decided to maybe try and push myself with these, I am going to follow the WarhammerTV tutorial maybe mine can turn out alright!

So far step one all undercoated;

img_0171.jpg
    img_01901.jpg

Small update from this weekends work.
    Didn’t get to much done, and a first real attempt at edge highlighting with out dry brushing!

img_01921.jpg
    img_0213.jpg
    img_01931.jpg
  • Avatar Image milmaa135p said 6 months ago:

Nearly there with these guys now,
    heres a couple to show.

Im not sure on what to do for bases, I had some of the new GW bases painted up, but they might be too much of the same colours. I’ll have to test one out see what I think then go from there!

Deathwatch squad finished and based on those new(ish) GW bases.

A few pics here to show then on to the next project!

deathwatch1.jpg
    deathwatch2.jpg
  • Avatar Image beardragon141354p said 6 months ago:

Very nice work. Crisp and tidy. Keep it up :-)

Likes: KoW, DS, DB, DZ, WP, AoS, LotR/H, BB, BtGoA, K47, GB, WM/H, AW and acronyms :-)
    Also likes: Dwarfs, Beer, Family, Good Friends, and Women with no taste in Men (thank god for them)
  • Avatar Image joerugby565p said 6 months ago:

Really Great Deathwatch @milmaa

Thanks guys, I’m not the best painter to say the least but I try stay as tidy as I can!
    Edge highlighting will take some getting used to!

• Avatar Image milmaa135p said 5 months, 1 week ago:

Over the last week or so Ive really wanted to get a project I started quite some time ago finished. Ultramarines. I only really use them in partnership with my mates 2nd edition army when I go visit him in the Isle of Man. We like to relive the old match ups we used to have when we were younger with two other friends.

Still power armour, but a different shade!!

img_0261.jpg
    img_02621.jpg
    img_0263.jpg
    img_02641.jpg