Beasts of War | Groups | Hobby & Painting Town Square | Forum | Necrothrall’s Death Guard painting log

Beasts of War Homepage

Find Out More Battle Systems Core Space - Click Here

Group Admins

Hobby & Painting Town Square

Public Group active 3 minutes ago

This group is all about sharing great pics of beautiful models and other cool hobby stuff.

Why not show of your latest tip, trick or colour scheme and lets all get inspired.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Hobby, Painting, Terrain, Community Project, Community Feedback, Community Challenge, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Necrothrall’s Death Guard painting log (24 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image necrothrall39p said 2 months ago:

I started painting the Death Guard from Dark Imperium just before the last hobby night live, and I figured that a plog would help me stay motivated enough to finish them.

I’d almost finished the pox walkers before hobby night live and actually finished them on the night.

• Avatar Image mage5334p said 2 months ago:

I love your Poxwalkers. It reminds me of John Blanche’s artwork. Keep it coming with the Death Guard! Can’t wait to see more :)

• Avatar Image angelicdespot964p said 2 months ago:

Wow – fantastic work! Can’t wait to see more!

• Avatar Image onebitpixel26p said 2 months ago:

These look great! nice transitions and good differentiation among each poxwalker when massed with the blob of troops. I tried a couple of different methods for a few of the models in my first set and most of them came out darker then I really liked… The outcome in this example set is more like what I’d like to get for the next set I get.

• Avatar Image milmaa225p said 2 months ago:

Ohh yes those are some awesomely ugly Poxwalkers :D Great work, the boils and puss are really looking well !

• Avatar Image beardragon141704p said 2 months ago:

An insanely good hob Sir!! It makes me ill just looking at them. (In a good Nurgly way)
    Keep it up mate hope to see ome more as you do them :-D

Likes: KoW, DS, DB, DZ, WP, AoS, LotR/H, BB, BtGoA, K47, GB, WM/H, AW and acronyms :-)
    Also likes: Dwarfs, Beer, Family, Good Friends, and Women with no taste in Men (thank god for them)

@mage Thank you, the John Blanche thing never occurred to me, but now you mention it I guess the kinda do.

@angelicdespot thanks, just wait, I’ve acquired a second set

@onebitpixel thank you, I might do a tutorial on their skin with my second set.

@milmaa thanks, I was going for a really gross and painful look.

@beardragon14 thank you, I believe nausea is a sign of Nurgle’s rot, you might want to get that checked out

Time for the plague marines.

I’ve based these on the colour scheme of my old plague marines, except I’ve been playing with gw’s rust effect paints.

I’ve finished this guy too

Now its time to harness some pestilential magicks with a malignant plaguecaster

How I paint noxious smoke using GW paints.

Paints needed Rakarth Flesh (base), Palid Wych Flesh (layer), Lamentors Yellow (glaze), and Coelia Greenshade (shade).

first apply a couple of coats of Rakarth Flesh

next drybrush on some Palid Wych Flesh to the raised areas

now apply a glaze of Lamentors yellow to the whole thing

finally apply a wash of Coelia Greenshade to the recessed areas using a fine brush. Try not to get any on the raised parts.

And that’s how I do it

• Avatar Image necrothrall39p said 1 month, 4 weeks ago:

Now for the Noxious Blightbringer. I call him Boaby.

And the Lord of Contagion

That’s the first set finished. I guess I could start building the second set.

• Avatar Image necrothrall39p said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

this is how I paint poxwalkers, using mainly gw paints

step 1: Basecoat the skin rakarth flesh, I use 2 coats using a big brush

step 2: Apply a wash to them, I use 5 different ones for my poxwalkers. Put them on semi-randomly making sure all the skin is covered. I use agrax earthshade, carroburg crimson, athoinia camoshade, druchii violet and coelia greenshade.

step 3: Drybrush rakarth flesh over the skin.

step 4: Paint the clothes. I use several greys and browns for that industrial look. Basecoat the metal bits with leadbelcher and paint all the spikes gorthor brown.

step 5: Drybrush the horns with ubshabti bone.

step 6: Apply a layer of typhus corrosion to the metals. Use an old brush for this step, typhus corrosion wrecks brushes pretty fast.

step 7: Drybrush the metals with ryza rust

step 8: Pick out the maggots, eyes and teeth with ubshabti bone

step 9: Apply a glaze of Lamentors Yellow to the boils, sores and eyes.

I still need to do the bases on them, but I’ll wait until I’ve finished the other 15 poxwalkers.

• Avatar Image raglan118p said 1 month, 2 weeks ago:

nicely done buddy