Beasts of War | Groups | Hobby & Painting Town Square | Forum | New terrain sci fi project: the grim dark future

Beasts of War Homepage

Support The Universal Miniatures Battles Kickstarter - Click Here

Group Admins

Hobby & Painting Town Square

Public Group active 33 minutes ago

This group is all about sharing great pics of beautiful models and other cool hobby stuff.

Why not show of your latest tip, trick or colour scheme and lets all get inspired.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Hobby, Painting, Terrain, Community Project, Community Feedback, Community Challenge, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

New terrain sci fi project: the grim dark future (28 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image reaperfcrew73p said 3 months ago:

So me and my gaming group have just started getting in to 40K again with the new “kill team” rules, and we need some terrain for the gaming table.

I was looking around on the internet for inspiration for what to make. I got a lot of inspiration from Mel “the terrain tutor” on youtube, and I really recommend his channel!

I started planning the terrain be measuring up my idees on my foamboard that I would use as base.

I got a lot of help by using Mel’s turtoral on “how to make foamboard houses” and by using green stuff worlds “textured Rolling Pins”. I used air drying clay to make the brick floor.

For the crater i used cork and molding paste.

next up is building the walls and gate.

If this building-blog interests some of you guys out there, then please leave a message, that this will motivate me to finish the project.:)

more will come with time

17264989_10154692419281107_2309235197312629956_n.jpg
    17198944_10154656115596107_858065144_n-1.jpg
  • Avatar Image snowdog102p said 3 months ago:

FINISH IT…Obscure Mortal Combat reference! Off to a great start! Don’t lose momentum! Pace yourself! OK… I’m done…keep us posted with your progress…For inspiration I could post my pile of good terrain intentions…My wife calls it the Isle of misshapen things…You can recognize a dozen household items used in inappropriate fashion to build terrain…But left unfinished.

• Avatar Image inu53105p said 3 months ago:

I’m really curious to see how that air dry clay paints up. Looking cool.

• Avatar Image reaperfcrew73p said 3 months ago:

Thanks @snowdog and @inu53 for the motivational words. :D

The project is getting along. This is my plan for the whole project.
    Yeah I know, it’s not a pretty sketche :)

This is my biggest terrain project I have done. And I have learned alot so fare. I tried to basic paint it, just to get an idea of what it will look like when it is done. Yeah I know, double work, couldn’t wait. :)

The next thing I will be doing is the gate and the wall’s.

More is coming :)

tegning.jpg
    17619294_10154721290686107_1785342769_n.jpg
    17619457_10154721290831107_1357411653_n.jpg
  • Avatar Image inu53105p said 3 months ago:

Those sketches have the 40k vibe down, I’m thinking your group is gonna be feeling pretty lucky to play on that piece.

• Avatar Image reaperfcrew73p said 2 months, 4 weeks ago:

Just an update on the project. :)

next up will be the details on the outside of the building :)

348.jpg
    266.jpg
    1106.jpg
  • Avatar Image inu53105p said 2 months, 4 weeks ago:

Urge to purchase foam board rising :)

• Avatar Image happyhowler1410p said 2 months, 4 weeks ago:

Good job @reaperfcrew ! I should really finish the ones I started so long ago…

• Avatar Image wispa16p said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

Looking good so far. Stick with it.

• Avatar Image reaperfcrew73p said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

thanks @inu53 @happyhowler @wispa for the supporting comments.:D

The project is moving along. I just finish the outer part of the model. It took a couple of evenings to cut the foam for the building details. But I think it ended OK. I have learned a lot so fare, with working with foam. And once I apply the filler I think it will start looking good.

Next I will begin doing the foam for the inner part of the building. :D

620.jpg
    434.jpg
    532.jpg
  • Avatar Image lee337140p said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

Mel does a awesome job of helping you get the most out of your terrain.

• Avatar Image reaperfcrew73p said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

@lee337 yeah Mel “the terrain tutor” inspired me alot when I first started this project. Total recommend his youtube channel :)

• Avatar Image inu53105p said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

The door(s) are looking great, interested in seeing what that aquila comes out like too.

• Avatar Image reaperfcrew73p said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

So after a little break, I have begun building on my house project again. I am almost finish building the house. I only need to build the roof now. After that I will begin doing some more battle damage and base colour the house.

1022.jpg
    916.jpg
    820.jpg
  • Avatar Image judge201426p said 1 month, 2 weeks ago:

That looks great. Please show the end product !