Beasts of War | Groups | Hobby & Painting Town Square | Forum | Orktober in November // Lancorz Stream Event

Beasts of War Homepage

Support the Tripods & Triplanes kickstarter - Click Here

Group Admins

Hobby & Painting Town Square

Public Group active 1 hour, 5 minutes ago

This group is all about sharing great pics of beautiful models and other cool hobby stuff.

Why not show of your latest tip, trick or colour scheme and lets all get inspired.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Hobby, Painting, Terrain, Community Project, Community Feedback, Community Challenge, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Orktober in November // Lancorz Stream Event (78 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image lancorz1121p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

This event will be stream only where we’ll be painting a community voted Ork and updating on our progressions as the streams continue through the month of November. Tag your galleries to @Lancorz on Twitter to submit your entries or post your progression here within this thread.

We will be painting the fantastic Half Orc Cleric by Oathsworn Miniatures and thanks to Jo and Michael they have discounted the price for this month to support the event. If you live in the UK that’s just £5 including delivery!

Get your orders in now and join us November 2nd 2017 for the beginning of our Orktober in November event, only at http://www.twitch.tv/lancorz/ 8pm GMT every Tuesday.

The Mini

==============================

Half-Orc Cleric by Oathsworn // £2.00
    http://www.oathswornminiatures.co.uk/p/9218242/28mm-half-orc-cleric.html

==============================

- It will be a month long event, no rush, no judgement on skill levels, just fun.
    - Once the Ork has been voted for via the link above, anyone who wishes to join can purchase the chosen model and get it in time for 2nd November.
    - Painting would be preferable that we only do it on nights of the stream to enjoy the community aspect and painting together.
    - At the end of each stream, I’ll do an Orktober review featuring everyone’s progress via twitter or this thread

Twitter @Lancorz | Twitch Hiatus
    Community Manager / BoW Lead Editor
    orktober-in-november.jpg
  • Avatar Image amachan171p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

The link to Luthark by Hasslefree doesn’t work.
    Here is a bit.ly:
    http://bit.ly/2fORNRk

Follow me on Twitter for work in progress updates and finished mini’s I’m working on: https://twitter.com/MandaPii
    Or see some of my work here on Beasts of War: http://www.beastsofwar.com/groups/painting/forum/topic/amachans-finished-minis/
  • Avatar Image laughingboy672p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Very much up for this and voted for the Half-Orc Cleric.

• Avatar Image mage5493p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Regarding progressi N do we paint up our own stuff or whatever during theive stream or is this a thing where we order our own version of the orc to do on the night?

Also would it matter if one doesent have twitter?

We would need twitch right?

• Avatar Image aurorainbag507p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

@mage I believe the idea was we all painted the same mini. Whether we should get it done during the stream, I’m not sure, but I don’t think that was a requirement.

Yes to twitch, but you can watch twitch streams through an ordinary browser I believe. Don’t think the app is required. A twitch account is necessary if you want to join the chat, though.

Maybe is was an idea to show off our orks in this thread? Would be a nice way to keep them together.

• Avatar Image lancorz1121p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

I’ve updated the post to help explain the event.

- It will be a month long event, no rush, no judgement on skill levels, just fun.
    - Once the Ork has been voted for via the link above, anyone who wishes to join can purchase the chosen model and get it in time for 2nd November.
    - Painting would be preferable that we only do it on nights of the stream to enjoy the community aspect and painting together.
    - At the end of each stream, I’ll do an Orktober review featuring everyone’s progress via twitter or this thread

• Avatar Image halfmileduck88p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

I am 100% up for this #OrkTober, I’m already planning my scheme and considering other Ork-based puns. Can’t wait!

• Avatar Image janus1004601p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

A great idea, my vote was for the GW orc as it would nicely complement some older figures I have. :-)

• Avatar Image lancorz1121p said 2 months ago:

By popular vote the Half-Orc Cleric by Oathsworn Miniatures has been declared winner of the Orktober in November Event.

Oathsworn store is currently down at the moment however it will be up soon and we can get purchasing. The buy in is £4.00 £2.00 plus £4.00 for shipping I believe in the UK, Michael and Jo are very good with their deliveries and it should definitely be with us before November.

If you have any questions about the event, please let me know below.

• Avatar Image aurorainbag507p said 2 months ago:

Yay! I’ll get to shopping as soon as I can. :)

• Avatar Image amachan171p said 2 months ago:

I’ll order it as soon as I can.

• Avatar Image laughingboy672p said 2 months ago:

Order placed, £2 for the mini and £3 shipping so no complaints there.

• Avatar Image lancorz1121p said 2 months ago:

Thread has been updated with some info about Orktober now.
    Jumping on stream for some time now, feel free to join in for a while!

• Avatar Image janus1004601p said 2 months ago:

So, just ordered the cleric from Oathsworn… looking forward to painting this with you all. Thinking of trying out some freehand on the parchment, as that is something I do not normally do. Perhaps having it as a holy scroll with golden rays or such… :-)

• Avatar Image lancorz1121p said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

The Bruise Brothers have arrived, can’t wait to get started. I’m thinking a kind of ‘wanted’ poster for the paper.

Streaming again tonight at 8pm if I can pull myself away from playing LOTR War in the North.

bruise-brothers.jpg