Beasts of War | Groups | Hobby & Painting Town Square | Forum | Show us your Salute swag

Beasts of War Homepage

Fantasy Flight Games World Championships 2018 Streaming Live May 1st to 6th - Click Here

Group Admins

Hobby & Painting Town Square

Public Group active 12 minutes ago

This group is all about sharing great pics of beautiful models and other cool hobby stuff.

Why not show of your latest tip, trick or colour scheme and lets all get inspired.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Hobby, Painting, Terrain, Community Project, Community Feedback, Community Challenge, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Show us your Salute swag (22 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image laughingboy1028p said 1 week, 4 days ago:

My intention was a buy terrain at Salute this year, as you can see I did not do a very good job at that.

I thought the show was great we were 3 generations of Russells there today and my Dad and my boys played lots of games and had a lot of fun. We managed to be there from opening to closing this year which is a record.

Already looking forward to UKGE and Salute 2019..

If you attended what did you pick up?

img_04852.jpg
  • Avatar Image commanderkaiser229p said 1 week, 4 days ago:

Didn’t go this year unfortunately, but when I do go I always tell myself I’m buying just terrain this year and get everything but

Really nice haul you’ve got there though!

• Avatar Image svboel156p said 1 week, 4 days ago:

I got a little mix of everything.. I got some good offers on warmachine, I could not say no too. And the 4ground screamed buy me. I’m pretty sure it did =) found a little walking dead and some shadespire.

Oh and some battle foam as well.

received_10214120931870225.jpeg
    received_10214120815707321.jpeg
  • Avatar Image hurrey17p said 1 week, 4 days ago:

Good hauls!

I didn’t go to Salute today however I did preorder some UCM destroyers for Dropfleet Commander. The interview with artofwarstudios made me go check out their website and i ordered a few cammo tag and smoke 3d tokens for infinity.

Salute makes you spend money even when you don’t got there! Awesome.

• Avatar Image neoscream36p said 1 week, 4 days ago:

Here is my Salute Swag.

20180414_201319.jpg
  • Avatar Image davehawes386p said 1 week, 4 days ago:

Love seeing all the swag! Makes me wish I’d managed to make it down.

Check out my fantasy miniatures game Deneb!
    Forum Topic
    Website
  • Avatar Image tonytt11p said 1 week, 4 days ago:

Stuff is already out the box on the way to being assembled!! I got Star Wars Legion core box, ATST and Speeder, Blood Red Skies core box, a Deep Cut 4×4 map of the sky for Blood Red Skies and Dropfleet, and some Spectre stuff including the world leaders pack.

• Avatar Image piers3330p said 1 week, 3 days ago:

fb_img_1523747964040.jpg
  • Avatar Image torros4378p said 1 week, 3 days ago:

You had to buy your own copy of Battlegroup Torch? lol

• Avatar Image a27cromwell91p said 1 week, 3 days ago:

Not being able to go ( Canada is a fair distance away ) , I decided to use some my tax return and treat myself to some kits I want , but really don’t need from my FLHS. So I picked up a Rubicon Panther and a couple of SdKfz 250 halftracks in 1/56. As well I got myself some more Tie Fighters and some colored bases for my X-Wing squadron . And then I went online and ordered some cds by The Angels ( my fav Australian band ) .

• Avatar Image dunham99236p said 1 week, 3 days ago:

There was only one thing on my, had to buy list from salute and that was more shoulder pads from mastercrafted for my 30k iron warriors. If you haven’t seen or brought any of his stuff I would highly recommend him. Great quality resin at an extremely good price and he’s got all types of shoulder pads.

And after walking around and trying to decide what else i fancied picking up my mate took me over to the oathsworn stand where I instantly fell in love with basically every single miniature from the Burrows and Badgers range. I filled up my basket then realised I should probably put some stuff back, it was so easy just to keep adding and adding, it’s all so good. Everyone of the mini’s has such amazing character to them. But eventually I settled on a few. The foxes really caught my eye, they’ve got such great personalities to them, but by far my favourite has to be the squirrel knight, that little guy is amazing. I also blame @brennon for this, he’s been subtly planting seeds of this game and mini’s in my mind over the months on the Weekender episodes!!

I’m not normally a fantasy type of person when it comes to mini’s and wargaming, I prefer my 40k and sci-fi games, but when I saw this i knew I needed to paint these guys!

My friend also picked up a load of stuff for this as well and we both brought the rule book because it’s definitely a game I need to play now.

img_20180415_200220.jpg
  • Avatar Image somegeezer2216p said 1 week, 3 days ago:

Major swag envy, lads. Keep the pics coming :)

• Avatar Image elysium6494p said 1 week, 3 days ago:

All my swag is now assembled, very proud of myself remained focused and apart from one mini, everything else was for a Post Apocalyptic project based on the RPG Degenesis (Will start a post discussing this latter).

I have a mammoth from Heroes of the Dark Age, some lovely resins from Brother Vinni, a female warrior from Mastercrafted Studios, Floating fat dude and GID Alpha squad from Hasslefree, and some futuristic cowboys from Lucid Eye.

Not all have been assembled as need more extensive converting (remaining three from GID Alpha)

And my one departure from PA good old faithful Runequest, a duck from Fenris Games, really looking forward to his Rubble City Kickstarter coming latter this month.

img-20180415-wa0000.jpeg
    img-20180415-wa0004.jpeg
    img-20180415-wa0002.jpeg
    img-20180415-wa0007.jpeg
  • Avatar Image elysium6494p said 1 week, 3 days ago:

Sorry mucked order of photos up a bit (difficult posting from a phone) also forgot to include in description a female PA warrior from Crooked Dice, looking forward to their rules and minis for PA soon.

• Avatar Image hairybrains117p said 1 week, 3 days ago:

Bit of an eclectic mix this year. My one must get was the destroyers for dropfleet, got one box for each faction and some advanced sector markers, the vehicles and second edition rule book for wolsung, some dice tray’s from deep cut, some colour shifting paints and the necron data cards. I also saw the guys at XLC and had a look at their new terrain and the new shadespire warbands.

img_1839.jpg