Beasts of War | Groups | Hobby & Painting Town Square | Forum | Unexpected Delivery 2

Beasts of War Homepage

Support the Tripods & Triplanes kickstarter - Click Here

Group Admins

Hobby & Painting Town Square

Public Group active 45 minutes ago

This group is all about sharing great pics of beautiful models and other cool hobby stuff.

Why not show of your latest tip, trick or colour scheme and lets all get inspired.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Hobby, Painting, Terrain, Community Project, Community Feedback, Community Challenge, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Unexpected Delivery 2 (21 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image nakchak4290p said 5 days, 14 hours ago:

From space it came…

Looks like most of us in the UK should get our wave one pledges today or tomorrow :)

There is no ignominy, there is glory,
    There is no servitude, there is dominance,
    There is no defeat, there is victory… victory eternal!
    starsaga.jpg
  • Avatar Image onlyonepinman5216p said 5 days, 11 hours ago:

Somebody must love you. Neither Star Saga nor Mythic Battles have arrived at my house yet. Not even had shipping notice.

• Avatar Image onlyonepinman5216p said 5 days, 11 hours ago:

That’s a pretty cool looking box though, good to see that Star Saga comes in retail packaging unlike it’s predecessor. Can’t wait to see some unboxing pictures

• Avatar Image nakchak4290p said 5 days, 11 hours ago:

@onlyonepinman It should be with you today or tomorrow according to mantics last update, delivered by parcel force 48hour delivery, so no dispatch notices, nor is it signed for… Fingers crossed for you.

As for being lucky apart from the second born this year those are about the only things that have gone right for me all year, death, cancer, blindness, renal problems and a nervous breakdown among my nearest and dearest have made it a year to forget…..

Ive just taken a peak inside VERY happy with what i see, usual caveats of pre-assembled apply, but nothing needing immediate attention unlike dungeon saga.

Cant wait to start playing it, and really want to see what happens if i start mixing some walkingdead into it :D

• Avatar Image witteridderludo167p said 5 days, 10 hours ago:

yes, any day now…
    most likely friday the postie will leave me a not, because on saturday I’m not able to pick it up. You’ll see!

• Avatar Image onlyonepinman5216p said 5 days, 9 hours ago:

Saw some miniatures previewed on their Facebook page and they looked pretty good from what I could see. I don’t have any issues with pre-assembled miniatures. The way I see it all miniatures are going to require some work, whether it’s cleaning up components of mould lines, filling gaps or just generally having to assemble them.

• Avatar Image limburger1852p said 5 days, 6 hours ago:

Mantic said that they hoped to have everything shipped this week.
    Whether that’s true remains to be seen though.
    How big was the box ?

@onlyonepinman :
    If you do receive one then best prepare to learn French ;-)
    I think it was about a week between the first mail from Chronopost and finaly delivery for both packages for Mythic Battles.

festina lente cauta fac omnia mente
  • Avatar Image nakchak4290p said 5 days, 4 hours ago:

@limburger 27.5 x 27.5 x 10cm you wont be needing your sacktruck for this one ;)

• Avatar Image onlyonepinman5216p said 5 days, 2 hours ago:

@nakchak said:
    @limburger 27.5 x 27.5 x 10cm you wont be needing your sacktruck for this one ;)

But he could use it anyway. Might as well give it another run out

• Avatar Image onlyonepinman5216p said 5 days, 2 hours ago:

Come on @nakchak if you’re going to rub it in that your Kickstarters have arrived early the least you can do is post some pictures!

• Avatar Image nakchak4290p said 5 days, 1 hour ago:

@onlyonepinman the youngest is teething hard only just sat down for the night pics on their way ;)

• Avatar Image onlyonepinman5216p said 5 days, 1 hour ago:

Ok, you get a hall pass for the night :-)

Pics

the none stretch goal dashboards were loose in the shipping box don’t throw them away!

art print on top of the tray

top deck (what ever happened to shandy in a can? Bugger energy drinks bring top deck back!)

bottom layer

books

the tiles and tokens

wp_20171206_22_31_57_pro1.jpg
    wp_20171206_22_32_23_pro.jpg
    wp_20171206_22_32_37_pro.jpg
    wp_20171206_22_34_15_pro.jpg
    wp_20171206_22_34_31_pro.jpg
    wp_20171206_22_35_25_pro.jpg

Minis and plastics

doors hard plastic really like these, will work well is all 28mm sci fi games

scenary again universal in use

quite a bit of warpage though hopefully hot water will fix the scenery is PVC

Stretch Goal Minis

Heroes

Villains

Security (only showing one bag, you get 2 more the same)

Infected (only showing one bag, you get 2 more the same)

wp_20171206_22_37_05_pro.jpg
    wp_20171206_22_41_11_pro.jpg
    wp_20171206_22_42_16_pro.jpg
    wp_20171206_22_43_46_pro.jpg
    wp_20171206_22_45_06_pro.jpg
    wp_20171206_22_47_21_pro.jpg
    wp_20171206_22_49_30_pro.jpg
    wp_20171206_22_50_26_pro.jpg
    wp_20171206_22_52_35_pro.jpg
  • Avatar Image onlyonepinman5216p said 5 days ago:

That looks awesome. The printed components look very nice but totally see what you mean about the warped scenery. Let us know how you get on straightening it. I’ve had some bad experiences with Reaper Bones where the models gradually return to their original shape