Beasts of War | Groups | Hobby & Painting Town Square | Forum | Wacky Races Painting Challenge

Beasts of War Homepage

HEROES OF FALLEN FRONTIERS on Kickstarter - Click Here

Group Admins

Hobby & Painting Town Square

Public Group active 9 minutes ago

This group is all about sharing great pics of beautiful models and other cool hobby stuff.

Why not show of your latest tip, trick or colour scheme and lets all get inspired.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Hobby, Painting, Terrain, Community Project, Community Feedback, Community Challenge, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Wacky Races Painting Challenge (20 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image lancorz1181p said 2 weeks, 2 days ago:

You want a challenge? Let’s ‘ave ya!

This weekend, dig out your attics, your basements, your kid siblings toy boxes and find yourself some matchbox cars, buses or whatever you fancy. If it has wheels, let’s nab it!

During my streams in February, I’ll be painting up some cars and discussing ways to include YOU, yes YOU to race each other at the end of the month with our very own painted Wacky Racers.

Requirements:
    1. Your entry car!
    2. A badass name to strike fear into your opponents.
    3. Your special ability to boost your speeds.
    4. Your cars greatest weakness.
    5. Images! I wanna see your cars, from original to finish!

The challenge will end officially on Tuesday 20th February where I’ll end a stream with everyones results and we’ll create a forum topic for our grand race. Perhaps we’ll get a table made and have the guys race them all together!

I’ll be featuring all the cars and my progress on my twitch channel every Tuesday this month from 7pm GMT onwards.

? Click here to follow my progress: http://www.twitch.tv/lancorz/

Twitter @Lancorz | Twitch Hiatus
    Community Manager / BoW Lead Editor
    wacky-races-project1.jpg
  • Avatar Image noyjatat983p said 2 weeks, 2 days ago:

Love it, off to do some cartoon research :D

• Avatar Image amachan190p said 2 weeks ago:

I’m going all Ork with this and probably going a bit overboard, but it’s about having fun with it right? I have already started and will try to get this done before 20th of February. So here is my progress so far.

I picked up this 1:55 scale die cast VW van for €3,- as a starting point

Disassembled it to strip the paint off the parts and rebuild it into something more Ork-like.

From a couple of pens I had laying around that I got for free with some orders from Element Games, I made a pair of jet engines to power the vehicle.

And to completely make it an Ork Battle Wagon I made a gun turret to put on top from some old GW bits, greenstuff, a pot from something and a bit from the pens mentioned earlier.

Follow me on Twitter for work in progress updates and finished mini’s I’m working on: https://twitter.com/MandaPii
    Or see some of my work here on Beasts of War: http://www.beastsofwar.com/groups/painting/forum/topic/amachans-finished-minis/
    2018-01-29-152255.jpg
    2018-01-29-160238.jpg
    2018-01-31-205055.jpg
    2018-02-03-222415.jpg
  • Avatar Image lancorz1181p said 1 week, 5 days ago:

I picked up these two over the weekend, hoping to test some rust effects on the pickup and some graffiti or sporty design on the other.

Stream tonight from 6pm onwards.
    Find it here: http://www.twitch.tv/lancorz/

wacky-races-1.jpg
  • Avatar Image amachan190p said 1 week, 5 days ago:

So here is my little progress for tonight. I’m waiting on supplies to really move on. But I applied a layer of Chipping Medium over the rust paint I put on the wheels and bumpers. Tomorrow they will most likely get a chrome coat and then I can chip some rust in it.

2018-02-06-191714.jpg
  • Avatar Image lancorz1181p said 1 week, 5 days ago:

Here’s what was worked on this evening, noted some people are waiting for the weekend so looking forward to seeing some more results later.

wacky-races-11.jpg
  • Avatar Image davehawes248p said 1 week, 4 days ago:

Really cool to see everyone’s work on this. Sad I missed the stream, but once a fortnight on a Tuesday I have a music lesson on the evening (I can have more than one hobby right!).

@amachan Can’t wait to see the Orkified VW campervan. Just need to give the Ork’s themselves a 60′s vibe :)

————————————————
    Check out my skirmish game Deneb! – http://www.beastsofwar.com/groups/fantasy-gamer-town-square/forum/topic/deneb-1/?topic_page=1&num=15
  • Avatar Image amachan190p said 1 week, 3 days ago:

I got the interior, steering wheel and gear stick removed from the original interior to be re-used in my Ork VW van. I have to say that the dashboard is remarkably well detailed.

2018-02-08-153518.jpg
  • Avatar Image amachan190p said 1 week, 2 days ago:

I got the chipping on the wheels and bumpers done for my VW Ork van.

2018-02-08-184223.jpg
  • Avatar Image amachan190p said 1 week, 1 day ago:

After I finally managed to get most of the paint off of the VW van I started to build out the exterior. Mounted the turret on the roof and the jet engines to the sides of the van.

2018-02-10-142104.jpg
  • Avatar Image davehawes248p said 1 week ago:

Starting to come together! Looks very cool.

• Avatar Image lancorz1181p said 5 days, 11 hours ago:

Back again tonight from 6pm GMT, I’ll be starting the paint on my no longer pickup.
    I’m going to stretch back the end date to the end of the month as I’m going to be busy these evenings and let’s stretch it out a bit more.

Edit: 6:10pm sorry I’m going to cancel tonight I’m only just home and I’m shattered from a developing head cold. I’ll stream tomorrow at 6 if everything goes well and I heal up.

• Avatar Image davehawes248p said 4 days, 23 hours ago:

Get well soon!

• Avatar Image amachan190p said 4 days, 23 hours ago:

Here is an update on the dashboard and the bottom of my Ork Kampa Waggon.

2018-02-13-212941.jpg
  • Avatar Image lancorz1181p said 3 days, 10 hours ago:

Base layers down, going to be a lot of layering to achieve the result I’m looking for however I’m learning new things along the way and it’s all good!

For a start, maybe a different primer personally. Also stripping off the pre existing paint on the toy from the beginning.

wacky-races-3.jpg
    wacky-races-4.jpg