Beasts of War | Groups | Hobby & Painting Town Square | Forum | What are you painting now?! Q3 2017 (WAYPN)

Beasts of War Homepage

Support the War is Coming: Warmaidens & Dragonbreds Kickstarter Campagin - Click Here

Group Admins

Hobby & Painting Town Square

Public Group active 6 minutes ago

This group is all about sharing great pics of beautiful models and other cool hobby stuff.

Why not show of your latest tip, trick or colour scheme and lets all get inspired.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Hobby, Painting, Terrain, Community Project, Community Feedback, Community Challenge, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

What are you painting now?! Q3 2017 (WAYPN) (864 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image caladors4428p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Good Evening ladies and gentlemen

Welcome to What are you painting now or WAYPN for short.

So what is WAYPN?
    WAYPN is a community group for the Beasts of War, we show off what we are paint now at any stage of the paint job from beginning to end, just so long as it’s what your painting now! The reason for this one of two rules in this thread is because a lot of people who are new to painting only see the end result, and that is intimidating. Everything take time and effort, and being able to see how much work some of these people put into these models maybe just maybe you will paint a little more. I mentioned a rule there the second rule which is more just a guide, is be good. The internet is often a harsh place, people will say things they don’t mean just to a rise of you. Here we stay positive because we want everyone here from eight year old to the eighteen year old to the eighty year old, from novice, to veteran to master. It doesn’t matter who you are or what you want to achieve with your painting. That’s it.
    So what should you do? Keep your brushes wet and keep painting and post that’s it.

Nothing Starts finished!

photo DSC01032.jpg

photo DSC01036.jpg

I saw a different WAYPN should I post there?
    Well this is the fourth incarnation of WAYPN the first two WAYPN threads died an unnatural death, they grew so huge that they had to be closed down due to their massive size which was putting a strain on the servers. It is kind of perverse pride I have in that, we made such a massive thread that it had to get shut down, and trust me if the admin could have they would have kept them running they love these threads as much as we do.

But I can’t-
    No you can, Trust me! You can achieve whatever your goal is. You want to paint your first model we have your back! We will tell you where to go what you need, and who to listen to. You want to learn how to dry brush, come in here and say it people will help and we will give advice, encouragement, and critique. You want build table wide diorama you can do! We will help you, we will help you with what material you might want to look into, cheaper alternatives, or even new podcasts to have in the background while you work. You want to win a golden demon, well, you have set yourself a high goal, but we will help you, in any way we can.

What is my goal?!
    I have always had one goal here. Let’s make a great community, now I have been away for a little while because I am a lazy git (not really I have been working on my secret project). However! I have been noticing the threads have been slowing down here a bit and we aren’t see as many as the old faces or the new ones. So…

Can you help me?
    My goal for this thread as it is a three month thread, so we never actually cause the problems for the site but my goal is to get to 1,000 posts before that. I can’t do it by myself, but I can do my part, I am going to upload weekly video reviews and not slack off, I am going to share with you my project for this three months start to finish, and I am going to get, but I can only do it with your help. We aren’t going to get there with ‘hi how you going?’ posts, only three things, hobby preparation/process, finished hobby be it paint jobs, terrain, or anything else, and feedback on those.
    I know you can do it, I am count on you guys.

My project for this WAYPN
    Armies on parade

photo DSC01208.jpg

photo DSC01210.jpg

photo DSC01212.jpg

photo DSC01215.jpg

photo DSC01216.jpg

photo DSC01217.jpg

photo DSC01218.jpg

As you guys can see sometimes you stumble sometimes you stuff up and well that’s okay because…

photo DSC_0197.jpg

photo DSC00970.jpg

I managed to get gold for my last two efforts.

Nothing starts finished.

Alright guys get posting!

Keep Those brushes wet and I will see you later :D

Also… I am going to have to make a new video on how to put up images, because the old one used photobucket as example service, I am sure you guys know now why I have to redo it…

CYA later guys :D

• Avatar Image wolfch123p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Good day WAYPN!

Well this has been a while but I have not been too lazy since the start of the year.

In February I started the Cadians….. and I finished the whole platoon (3 squads + the command Squad) in may I believe…. but then got lazy about taking the pictures. I wanted first to make a “bang” project finished impression but I think it would have been better if I posted the updates regularly.

Anyway without further due!
    Cadia Stands!

Here is my small community blog:

The snot’s tavern: http://aubergesnot.blogspot.ch/

img_0772a.jpg
  • Avatar Image bucketknight466p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

My Kaplan Tactical Services (for Infinity) are getting some colors.
    The models are converted from Mantic Corporation Marines with some 40K Tau and Ork parts added.

Onwards, to a 1.000 posts!

img_25462.jpg
    img_25471.jpg
  • Avatar Image lawnor808p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

I’ve finished painting the last colour of cloth. Given the base colour was black, I’ve also painted Deathwalkers heair, and Deny2′s stockings. I painted the accessable eyes of Deathwalker and put 2 colours of in in the tubine thingy of Deny’s halberd too. This finishes off 3 more Stitch Thralls. Next up, the stitching on the front of the Necrosurgeons, and all gold. That should mostly finish everything, except a few bits of detail, and the bases.

cryx5-4.jpg
    cryx5-3.jpg
    cryx5-2.jpg
    cryx5-1.jpg
  • Avatar Image lightsout1985449p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

More WIP on the base for the orc warlord before I start the main guy himself. More pics in my thread.

orc51.jpeg
    orc7.jpeg
  • Avatar Image lee337159p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Working on the Eclipse Chapter of Space Marines Armor and transportation backup

img_20170704_1732135.jpg
  • Avatar Image torros3532p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Bit more done today. Need to varnish them yet

davion.jpg
  • Avatar Image janus1004408p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

@lawnor – Those are turning more and more spooky for each update. I especially like the little girl, very “japanese horror movie” feel to her…

As I mentioned in my last post I have been eager to try painting some Age of Sigmar, so I started two Liberators today. After a black basecoat (with airbrush) I intended to basecoat them with Vallejo Air Gunmetall… and that was a pain! Clogging the airbrush, coarse pigments all over the place even when trying to dilute it quite some. Picture two below is the result and you can see that it looks rather iffy, to be honest. However, said and done, I decided to push on and drybrush on some more silvery paints (pic three and four). Rather significant improvement, so now I am at least content again. The fifth and last pic is when I have started with the purple. The idea is to use a limited palette, silver+purple as main colours. Gold to denote higher ranks, and the usual parchment/leather for such parts…. but overall a quite restrained approach.

..and as a bonus I have also started to airbrush some Iberian horses (five of them). I have always been a bit afraid of painting horses, so this will be a fun challenge. More on that later, I am sure. :-)

img_05623.jpg
    img_05701.jpg
    img_05673.jpg

It’s almost 10pm on my last day of holiday and I think I’ve put the last of the paint on the last model of this project. 31 models done, except for the bases. Heres some examples of the latest progress. I’m going to base with GW Agrellan badland so I hope to apply that before I go to sleep, so I can finish them all off after work tomorrow and upload some final pictures then. The I can move on to the next stage of my Cryx blitzing. 12 light warjacks I think.

EDIT: It’s now 11.30pm, I need to eat something and have a shower and sleep, but I’ve painted the textured paint on all the bases.

cryx6-1.jpg
    cryx6-2.jpg
    cryx6-3.jpg
    cryx6-4.jpg
  • Avatar Image caladors4428p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Good Evening ladies and gentlemen

Thanks for joining me on the New WAYPN Q3! So I did a little calculation 1,000/90=11.1r

Remember how I said that nothing starts finished, well the thing is that is step one in achieving your goals. The second step is a very simple one, you make a goal, and then break that big goal down into little ones. So how can we make sure that we get to 1,000 posts within three months?

Simple, we need to have 11 or 12 posts a day. That seems achievable, so I am going to set us a goal, something a little beyond that! Let’s see if we can achieve it together! I really want you guys to help push this with me and let’s get to 100 posts with in the first week! I know that we can do it together! I am going to message a few people and see if we can hit this milestone together!

In the meantime here is the first update to the board for the Armies on Parade!

photo DSC01219.jpg

And here is a model for scale

photo DSC01220.jpg

And there is how they will be set up on the bottom board

photo DSC01223.jpg

photo DSC01224.jpg
    Alright guys day one has past and we were only two shy of the 11.1r we needed, so let’s make it so that today we reach, 28! Because that is the pace we need to make 100 in the first week 14 per day we can do it together I am sure of it!

Only 14 one post from 14 different people and we make it come and join us! Hell let’s see if we can get the crew in on it! @warzan

All right a difficult yet achievable goal let’s do it folks, remember the rules content or feedback only!

Alright in the mean time you know what to do!
    Keep those brushes wet and I will see you later!
    CYA :D

• Avatar Image andre77250p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Guess who is who?

These are my first 10 of my 46 desert warriors.

dsci2232.jpg
  • Avatar Image brushstroke1369p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Kit bashing time again for me… thoughts so far folks?

You can also follow my painting jibber jabber on Facebook

19894975_1889701601271095_692180544689528294_n1.jpg
    19748663_1889701607937761_3717502601979210199_n1.jpg
    19895014_1889701647937757_7348044479458486986_n1.jpg
  • Avatar Image suetoniuspaullinus3651p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Test..

Back in business 8-)

I’ve finished painting the bases (and the eyes and finger/toe nails too) and the arcs but theres no time left to varnish and there may not be until friday. I painted them all in 6 days and now its going to take that long to get as far as varnishing them. Its really bugging me that they are finished but not finished and its such a simple afterthought of a task in the way.

cryx7.jpg
  • Avatar Image georgesealy106p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

@andre77 it’s been a while, so I may get the names a bit wrong, but the front row is Stilgar, ??, Chani, Paul, Jessica and Alia? And is that Gurney in the middle at the back? :D

Current project log: Wood Elves and Skaven