Beasts of War | Groups | Hobby & Painting Town Square | Forum | What are you painting now?! Q4 2017 (WAYPN)

Beasts of War Homepage

Support the Tripods & Triplanes kickstarter - Click Here

Group Admins

Hobby & Painting Town Square

Public Group active 1 hour, 1 minute ago

This group is all about sharing great pics of beautiful models and other cool hobby stuff.

Why not show of your latest tip, trick or colour scheme and lets all get inspired.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Hobby, Painting, Terrain, Community Project, Community Feedback, Community Challenge, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

What are you painting now?! Q4 2017 (WAYPN) (533 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image 144artist442p said 3 weeks, 6 days ago:

@deaddave I am loving the “ghost force” you are painting.
    @andre77 nice weathering on your artillery piece.
    @brennon Your blackbird is quite good. Would need black beak and legs to be a raven but either way, the feathers are lovely.
    @gorillawithabrush WOW! a base to match the giant’s paint job. Beautiful work.
    @commodorerob well done. I’m liking that blue glow.
    @brushstroke great color scheme but the diamond pattern is wonderful.
    @seldon9 thanks and I have to agree. There is something of the dark machine god about this construct.

I’ve started the first regiment of my new Undead army for Kings of War. The figures are from Skull and Crown and are based on Renaissance depictions of undead so they have a real plague pit feel. Next step is to glue them to the base. Then it will be all about texture and terrain.

• Avatar Image wildchevy1489p said 3 weeks, 6 days ago:

My Iron Painter round 3 submission
    Theme is Stranger Things

st.jpg
  • Avatar Image dugthefug16441119p said 3 weeks, 6 days ago:

Been busy. Need to take pics of my completed core box now, but these were my latest WIP shots.
    The humans have been tweaked slightly since the Army Painter hobby weekend, but the skeletons are what I’ve been working on.
    Sadly the reason these have been worked on is because I need to sell them.
    No one plays the game near me and my son wasn’t interested in playing. This doesn’t detract from the awesome weekend I had and the hours of enjoyment painting, but I need the space and the cash.

“He either fears his fate too much, Or his desserts are small, Who dares not put it to the touch, To win or lose it all!” James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose.
    20171108_004627.jpg
    20171108_004528.jpg
    img_20171109_122533_155.jpg
    img_20171109_122533_158.jpg
    20171108_004327.jpg
    20171108_004217.jpg
    20171108_004248.jpg
    20171108_003834.jpg
    20171108_003915.jpg
    20171108_004106.jpg
  • Avatar Image deaddave4297p said 3 weeks, 6 days ago:

@144artist right, my army is henceforth going to be called the “Ghost Force” because it sounds like an 80s cartoon lol.

You can always spot the obsessive detractors who need the world to know just how much they don’t like a thing other people like.
    ‘As far as this can reach.’
    When asked ‘how far Sparta’s boundaries stretched?’, King Agesilaus’ replied brandishing his spear.
  • Avatar Image gorillawithabrush766p said 3 weeks, 6 days ago:

I’m getting started on my next project – I got the girl’s face mostly done and am starting to block in some colors on her wolf.

Interested in following my painting progress? I post WIP pictures after each painting session and am happy to chat about the hobby any time. Facebook: @GorillaPainter; Twitter: @GorillaBrush; Website: http://www.gorillawithabrush.com
  • Avatar Image andre77358p said 3 weeks, 6 days ago:

Crazy.
    Because we are listed on the next Hamburger Tactica:
    http://www.hamburger-tactica.de/?p=13039&lang=en
    I finished the evil baron:

dsci2426.jpg
  • Avatar Image piers3126p said 3 weeks, 5 days ago:

Break from Airborne…

Wartime Panzer Lehr as recce dismounts.

• Avatar Image irishsteve664p said 3 weeks, 5 days ago:

Finally seeing a finihs in sight for my first ever KD:M mini – The Thief. Delicate as anything but a real joy to paint. First of many as I finally bit the bullet and ordered 1.5 from Backerkit!

• Avatar Image dugthefug16441119p said 3 weeks, 5 days ago:

Finished the core box.
    Gonna set the price at the RRP and hope someone that doesn’t like painting (some heathen or other) wants to play the game but doesn’t have time to hobby.

20171115_082623.jpg
    20171115_082830.jpg
    20171115_082528.jpg
    20171115_082745.jpg
    20171115_083015.jpg
    20171115_082327.jpg
    20171115_082208.jpg
    dsc_00634.jpg
  • Avatar Image querion1491p said 3 weeks, 5 days ago:

Finally something new from me, and from the possible projects i could choose the Primaris won for now … i just want to see if the color scheme works that i have in mind.

So here is an eraly WIP from the first test model. The blue is finished, the purple is just the base color.

primaris-1-wip-1-f.jpg
    primaris-1-wip-2-b.jpg
  • Avatar Image querion1491p said 3 weeks, 5 days ago:

Still a WIP but a bit further now, i guess the next post will be my first finished Space Marine after … gosh over a decade.

Hope you like it, i’m rather pleased with him at the moment.

primaris-1-wip-2-b1.jpg
    primaris-1-wip-2-f.jpg
  • Avatar Image 144artist442p said 3 weeks, 5 days ago:

@wildchevy wonderfully creepy work. I hope it does well in Iron Painter.
    @dugthefug1644 what a great looking set. I’m sure you will have no trouble finding a buyer.
    @deaddave glad to be of inspiration. lol My own girlfriend has started calling me Dreadlord because of all the undead I’ve been working on.
    @gorillawithabrush she is already looking good. Those eyes are lovely.
    @andre77 nice Baron Harkonan. I didn’t even know there were Dune miniatures so now I will be on a quest.
    @piers you are the master of historicals
    @irishsteve the freehand detail on the umbrella is amazing and the weathering is dark and scary. Can’t wait to see what you do with the rest of the minis.
    @querion I also stepped away form the forum for quite some time to deal with real life. Nice to see you have returned as well. Looking forward to your pictures and comments.

I glued the skeletons to the regiment base and coated it with modeling paste. After it dried I painted the ground and added flocking. Tonight I will add grass tufts and shrubbery. Then it will be onto prepping the next regiment for priming.

halbased.jpg
    halflocked3.jpg
    halflocked1.jpg
  • Avatar Image ghostbear262p said 3 weeks, 4 days ago:

@dugthefug1644
    How did you get the glow effect in the skeleton eyes?

• Avatar Image dugthefug16441119p said 3 weeks, 4 days ago:

@ghostbear I gave it a thick layer of Nihilakh Oxide Citadel technical paint. It is meant to be used sparingly on copper areas to give a verdigris look, but layer on heavy in an eye socket of a skeleton and it looks good as a glow effect.
    The big rune golem had some of this added too, but I had done a fair amount of highlights before hand and used it as a bit of a wash over areas I wanted brightest. On eBay now. Sorry to see some of the models go, but still happy with my decision. Too much stuff already and if it will never get played with…

• Avatar Image dugthefug16441119p said 3 weeks, 4 days ago:

Got some Dark Age levies painted. Hoping they look like Saxons, but might get dragged into other factions if scaling up a game. A peasant with a shield and spear is hopefully pretty generic and versatile from a gaming perspective.

20171116_092547.jpg