Beasts of War | Groups | Hobby & Painting Town Square | Forum | Yogie’s Painting Blog

Beasts of War Homepage

Forge of Destiny Facebook - Click Here

Group Admins

Hobby & Painting Town Square

Public Group active 20 minutes ago

This group is all about sharing great pics of beautiful models and other cool hobby stuff.

Why not show of your latest tip, trick or colour scheme and lets all get inspired.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Hobby, Painting, Terrain, Community Project, Community Feedback, Community Challenge, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Yogie’s Painting Blog (10 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image yogiebear106p said 3 months, 2 weeks ago:

Figured I would start one of these as it would help me paint all these bloody minis I’ve got.

Anyway here is the first one I’ll be working on.

• Avatar Image yogiebear106p said 3 months, 1 week ago:

First thing’s first let’s put this thing together. With this particular model there was no reason to paint the parts separately as it would be easy to access all of the model when it was assembled.

Being resin, the first thing we need to is wash all of the mold release off the model so the paint would stick to it.

To do this a simple cup, warm water, and toothbrush is enough to get the job done. You just need to be careful with any fragile looking pieces that could break under pressure. A light scrub is fine.

For assembly, I used some plastic clippers a Stanley knife and some super glue.

I’ve used many glues in the past but this superglue (around $8 in bunnings for all you Aussies) is easily the best. I didn’t bother to pin the joints as their is really no need with resin and this glue. One thing I do like to do however is pin the mini to the base.

When pinning I used some picture hanging wire as pictured and use the specialty metal clippers to get a nice straight cut, at this stage you want the pins to be longer than required (I’ll explain why later) and again using the superglue, attach the pins to the holes in the feet.

It was about this time I realised I had a problem. He would fit perfectly on a 40mm except I didn’t have any 40mm to put him on. Time to go shopping.

So thats it for tonight. Some gap filling with plastic putty (not much, the cast is damn excellent) then primer.

• Avatar Image yogiebear106p said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

Ok priming done, basically at this stage ive used white primwr over black to better see the details. One day Ill use washes etc for highlights and shadows using the zenithal priming. But today is not that day.

Oh crap I lost the picture. Oh well here is the latest one with the basecoating done.

• Avatar Image yogiebear106p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Done for tonight. I believe Ive finished the red and white but I may have to come back in again tomorrow. Things always look slightly different the day after when the paint fully dries.

• Avatar Image milmaa248p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

This looks really superb @yogiebear ! Colours look fantastic!

• Avatar Image yogiebear106p said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Finished the skin now. Tried to stay away from the browny skin tones that always end up happening.

Started with a base of RMS sandy brown
    Then Sandy Brown and RMS bright skin
    Then RMS Golden skin.
    Then Golden skin and RMS fair skin.
    Eyes and teeth are fair skin.
    Glazed with some VGC tan to add in some red at spots and used tan on the bottom lip.
    Shadows was RMS ashen brown.

Not 100% sold on it next time Ill try something else.

• Avatar Image yogiebear106p said 2 months ago:

Wasnt 100% happy with the skin so I used some Vallejo armored brown to add some more red while also lighting up the highlights with RMS fair skin highlight. Also added some Deep Sea Blue dusky skin and stronger ashen brown into the shadows. Im much happier with the result hopefully the pictures show the difference.

• Avatar Image mage6054p said 2 months ago:

Looks excellent man, I love it.

• Avatar Image yogiebear106p said 2 months ago:

Hair done using RMS moth green, RMS Spring Green, RMS Luminous Green and RMS pure White

Also started working on the gold NMM using Vallejo Japanese Uniform, Armour Brown and RMS pure white.

• Avatar Image davehawes312p said 2 months ago:

Such clean work! I am jealous of such a steady hand.

Check out my skirmish game Deneb! –