Beasts of War | Groups | Pulp Punk Horror & Weird Gamer Town Square | Forum | Walking dead campaign?

Beasts of War Homepage

Grab your Aristeia Box Today - Click Here

Group Admins

Pulp Punk Horror & Weird Gamer Town Square

Public Group active 12 minutes ago

General Pulp Punk Horror & Weird Gaming Discussion Group, where you can discuss anything Pulp Punk Horror & Weird and point visitors to your threads and activities elsewhere on Beasts of War’s Hubs and Forums.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Pulp, Punk, Horror, Weird, Weird World War, Review, Event, Community Discussion, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Walking dead campaign? (5 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image petey957p said 9 months ago:

Hello everyone. I’ve never really organized a campaign but I’m thinking I’d like to organize one for walking dead: all out war. I have no idea how to do this though. Has anyone else done this? I’m thinking it would be best if it were very narrative driven. It would be interesting to have to balance safety and need of resources to influence the group(s) decision. Do you look for food, shelter, other communities? And how do you account for use of those resources. Would larger groups require more food? Does anyone with more experience have any suggestions?

• Avatar Image avernos1389p said 8 months, 4 weeks ago:

Sorry I’ve been in bed after night shift or I would’ve answered this earlier.
    There are a couple of ways to go about running a campaign like this depending on the amount of time you want to put into the prep work on it you could go for something simple like a map campaign, just get an aerial photography and grid it off give every player an amount of starting lands. When people play the games the winners take land off their opponents. That’s the simplest way probably the least interesting for the players though.
    Here’s what I would do, if you can get hold of an old copy of necromunda I would steal the crap out of it. The whole idea behind Necro was gangs trying to survive, the more people you have the more income you can build from your territory, but you also need more to pay for the upkeep, food, ammo that kind of thing. If you’ve watched this weeks XLBS I talked with the guys about the Age of the Wolf Saga campaign we’re playing I have a thread about it called Age of the Beasts, it’s a 6 season campaign, but every season is played over two weeks to allow people to play their games. During the campaign season every player chooses to either defend, raid or campaign against another player, what they chose defines the scenarios and other bonuses.
    So in summary a Saga basic campaign system to define players actions with a necromunda style gang development to track how the survivors are doing.

I’ll let you mull that over, if you have any questions ping me, but I’m on nightshift for a few days then at the FoW bootcamp at the weekend so responses may be patchy.
    If it sounds like something that would work and you can’t find necro to adapt it let me know and I’ll do a full Necromunda: TWD campaign for you I just can’t guarantee how quick I can do it.

“Daemons and Shit!” -BoW Lloyd 2017

Sophia Lives!!!

• Avatar Image panzerkaput642p said 8 months, 4 weeks ago:

Two Hour Wargames did a wonderful game called All Things Zombie and some of the add ons had rules for campaigns, building resources, bases, and a like

• Avatar Image mage5352p said 8 months, 3 weeks ago:

If youve never ran one before start simple and preserve your sanity, it can be a lot of work.

• Avatar Image nakchak4225p said 8 months, 2 weeks ago:

Might be worth talking to Mantic about the organised play kit they just announced
    https://manticblog.com/2017/03/02/walking-dead-war-organized-play-kit/

While not a cmapaign per’se should help with some of the admin/tracking side of things

Like avernos says necormunda as a basis could work well, i would probably start with a simple 150 – 200pt limit for your initial survivors, then track gear/loot and amputations, and deaths, in between games trade loot for things you want or hire a replacement survivor in exchange for loot.

A fun mechanic could be using the 50/50 dice for betrayals i.e. once you have 3 or 4 games under belt roll to see if your lowest point accruing survivor decides to stab you in the back, sods off with your best loot item. Loose it for good if you dont get revenge in the next game, or a healthy buff if you recapture it

There is no ignominy, there is glory,
    There is no servitude, there is dominance,
    There is no defeat, there is victory… victory eternal!