Beasts of War | Groups | Pulp Punk Horror & Weird Gamer Town Square | Forum | WEIRD WW1

Beasts of War Homepage

Join the Time of Legends: Joan of Arc Kickstarter - Click Here

Group Admins

Pulp Punk Horror & Weird Gamer Town Square

Public Group active 8 hours, 15 minutes ago

General Pulp Punk Horror & Weird Gaming Discussion Group, where you can discuss anything Pulp Punk Horror & Weird and point visitors to your threads and activities elsewhere on Beasts of War’s Hubs and Forums.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Pulp, Punk, Horror, Weird, Weird World War, Review, Event, Community Discussion, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

WEIRD WW1 (13 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image lee337164p said 6 months, 2 weeks ago:

To commemorate the 100th Anniversary of the Great War, and to acknowledge these courageous and long-neglected men who paved the way for future black soldiers, the Harlem Hellfighters, game developer Gaddis Gaming is launching a KickStarter campaign seeking support from gamers to bring their new Shattered Crown miniatures game to market.
    Shattered Crown is the first WWI game to combine history, science fiction and The Harlem Hellfighters with a complete line of 28mm miniatures—including the Allies, Germans, Japanese, Russians—putting it on the frontline of gaming’s “Weird” genre while transporting gamers to a thrilling battlefield. The world of Shattered Crown definitely delivers the Weird, reimagining history the game is set 20 years after Earth’s victory over the Martian invasion, with the different factions now finding themselves—wonderfully weirdly— on the eve of WWI. Gaddis Gaming founder, explains, “In this version of the war, advanced battle technology stems from scavenged Martian walkers making the conditions even more unstable in this arms race. Here WWI tanks have evolved into ferocious diesel-powered mechs seen in weird WWI-inspired battles alluding to the stories of Jules Verne and H.G. Wells. Thundering across the land on metal Walker legs and diesel powered tank tracks; these machines hold the future of warfare in their turrets. Imagine a universe in which WWI adventures are split between the Allies, the various Monarchies, and those who oppose there Imperial ambition. As a leader of the Allied forces, the player must strategize, command, and fight with all his forces — can even the like of the Harlem HellFighters overcome such odds during these intense firefights?”

The highly detailed miniatures that are being released are also compatible with Gaddis Gaming’s planned line of battlefield conflicts using the “General Assembly Universal Rules Data System (G.A.U.R.D.S.).” This innovative system shares one core set of rules across all of Gaddis Gaming’s planned future releases.

With “Shattered Crown”, Gaddis Gaming has taken the best of miniatures gaming and boiled it down into a skirmish game that’s accessible and enjoyable — both for those that have just started playing with miniatures, and for hardcore gamers alike.

What do you guys think?

shattered-crown_final.jpg
    img_20170402_1329019.jpg
    img_20170402_1448334.jpg
    img_20170402_1419255.jpg
  • Avatar Image zorg3278p said 6 months, 2 weeks ago:

the table looks fabulous lee.

• Avatar Image seldon91629p said 6 months, 2 weeks ago:

The table looks terrific. I can’t wait to see the miniatures :)

Here some examples of the miniatures being produced James Van Schaik

2017-03-06-1733331.jpg
    2017-03-06-1733332.jpg
    2017-03-06-1733421.jpg
    2017-03-06-1733531.jpg

Here are some concept artwork in 3D of the vehicles.

16641105_1767025720291910_9206038091647391458_n.jpg
    16649459_1767025723625243_595762307723101580_n.jpg
  • Avatar Image zorg3278p said 6 months, 2 weeks ago:

great looking tesla gun.

There will be different weapons for each faction. The Allied forces get Tesla technology, the German Empire gets laser technology the Russian get their own super science and the Japanese have microwave technology.

sc7.jpg

Here is some of the 3D models in the works

royal-guard-1.jpg
    royal-guard-2.jpg

Letters Home
    Here is an example of the narrative fluff.
    Letters Home from French Soldier – Remy Charbonneau, Private, 132e régiment d’infanterie

18 July 1914

Dearest Geneviève,

They have only given me a few minutes, so I felt I would share them with you. The Army’s not exactly what I expected. But, then again, these are times of peril. I fight not only for you, but for the family we will build together when I return – I shan’t be long. I keep with me a photo of our summer at Uncle René’s farm. I look forward to strolling with you again along the banks of the brook, watching the sun dance upon the water and through your hair – a vision that allows me to sleep soundly in the cold discomfort I’ve felt over the past few weeks since induction. It’s not that I don’t like the Army I just miss you. The company of friends, many from our hometown, keeps me smiling. Remember, Henri and Jean-Baptiste? They were always the best at Jeu de Volant – playing for hours, real “racket kings”. They brought their set and have tried to show me some techniques. But, I still can’t get the hang of it. I try to show them the finer points of my Fusil Lebel. Capitaine Beaufort has called on me to train others. Not sure exactly how, but he says my targeting is excellent, a natural. I hope you and your father are well. Sorry I could not make the funeral, know that she loved you as much as I. We will never be able to replace her, but her memory will inform our family.

I will write you again when I’m able. Thank you again for the care package – the beef chews and biscuits went quickly. If you can send some newspapers next time, I’d love to read them.

I will write more when I get a change.

I remain your loving fiancé,

Rémy

7th August 1914

Dearest Geneviève,

I received the biscuits, magazines, and papers on Wednesday. Thank you so much for thinking of me and including enough for me to share. I sent along your love and best wishes to Jean-Baptiste. We laughed about the cartoons in the paper. But, it was funny how Auguste, our powder man, didn’t laugh. Maybe it was a joke he didn’t get? I think it’s his seriousness and, to be honest, how can you blame him? He’s in charge of making sure the right amount of explosives is used, when needed. Too much, it can cause trouble. Not enough, well… let’s just say, that’s also a problem.

We have heard stories from those further out. They have come back to tell of things… unbelievable things. I can’t quite explain there here. But, as you know, I don’t believe anything until I see it with my own eyes and touch it with my own hands. Much like I can feel your love – with each letter, each minute that passes. We have been training and preparing for the front – it’s expected before the leafs turn, or so I have been told. Do no worry about me. For, I know you are with me and our love protects me. Tell Cécile to expect us at the inn as soon as arrive back home – hopefully by Christmas. I look forward to tasting her latest creations for our wedding. Give my love to your father. I’ve written my parents – they send their regards.

Goodbye for now – your loving fiancé,

Rémy

15th September 1914

Dearest Geneviève,

We arrived at Marne in late August, not sure of the date – things have been a bit scattered here for me as my journal was found by my commanding officer and then burned out of concern that could pass on sensitive information if discovered by enemy rats who sneak into our encampments at night – foreign thieves who steal our provisions, bullets, and other items. Sadly, the photo you sent was also destroyed as the Lieutenant burned my book without my knowledge and I was not able to retrieve it. But, fear not – the image of you is seared into my mind’s eye and will stay with me always.

Today is the only day I have been able to find a chance to write you. So, if seem scattered or my words fail, please understand, love… I have seen the future – towering, lumbering… something.

Remember our trip to the Ménagerie du Jardin last summer? I can’t remember the animal, but it stood on two legs with two shorter arms. Imagine if exponentially large and with such a force it its front paws that it could rip and tear through the land a massive scar – dirt, rocks, flesh, steel – scattered in its wake – in a single swipe.

For a moment, I was agog but frozen in place. If not for the commander’s whistle snapping me back to reality I’m sure I never would have been able to fire a shot and would have died like so many I saw toss through the air faster than the flicker of a flame. Nothing prepared me as shots from my Fusil Lebel bounced off its skin like little brother François’ peashooter. But, when I focused higher and tighter, I believe it was at its head, my shots scored… I watched it fall, hard. The earth shook like nothing I had ever felt before.

Lining up behind the foot off the fallen, I aimed at its partner, roaring and howling sounds I had never heard before, I took a breath and another shot. I ducked behind the foot and felt the ground tremble again.

Five shots – two down. Two what? I cannot say.

The commanders gathered around as re-enforcements arrived to study the creations. Animal? Mechanical? This is not like anything we have ever seen before. In someway, I know how it feels to be like Saul on the way to Damascus, the scales have fallen from my eyes. There’s part of me that feels something has changed. But, something that never will is my love for you… although your photo is gone; your image lingers in the deep recesses of my mind.

For now – your loving fiancé,

Rémy

• Avatar Image lee337164p said 6 months, 1 week ago:

Examples of the Storage foam that comes with the game.

pic_01.jpeg
    pic_02.jpeg
  • Avatar Image lee337164p said 6 months ago:

More new miniatures are on the way.

whippet-track-01.jpg
  • Avatar Image lee337164p said 6 months ago:

Final concept for the Battle Suit

edited_1492727228169.jpg
  • Avatar Image lee337164p said 5 months, 1 week ago:

More new units on the way for Shattered Crown

bowpost_o.jpg