Beasts of War | Groups | Sci-Fi Gamer Town Square | Forum | Astra Militarum Valhallans

Beasts of War Homepage

Support The 12 Realms - Dungeonland Kickstarter Coming Soon - Click Here

Group Admins

Sci-Fi Gamer Town Square

Public Group active 7 hours, 41 minutes ago

General Sci-Fi Gaming Discussion Group, where you can discuss anything sci-fi and point visitors to your threads and activities elsewhere on Beasts of War’s Hubs and Forums.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Sci Fi, Review, Event, Community Discussion, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Astra Militarum Valhallans (12 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image dane00166p said 4 months, 2 weeks ago:

The frozen wastelands of Valhalla breed the most hardy guardsmen. As inexorable as the winter cold, as ruthless as the bitter frost, as certain as death—the Valhallans fight only for victory and the Emperor. All else is but a prelude
    Introducing the veteran company of the 597th Valhallan Regiment led by Major Broklaw and the hero of the Imperium himself, Ciaphas Cain. Joined by elements of the 33rd Valhallan Tank Regiment.
    I’ve wanted to do a Valhalla force ever since reading the first Ciaphas Cain book many years ago. I”ve recently ‘re read the older books and its once again inspired me to do this so I decided at the start of this year that by Christmas I’d have a force to play with. Now I have, it totals 1850 at the moment but there’s lots more I’d like to do. Using the made to order bits to fill some gaps I managed to get enough together to do what I wanted.
    I used the bicarbonate of soda and PVA glue me this of making the snow and think it’s really worked well, once I got the mix sorted that is. And it really looks good against the light greatcoats of the main force. I also fancied having something a little different in the force so used some scion heads (berets) and weapons and converted 5 Valhallans to look a little different.

Hope you like them and it inspires others to get a winter force!!

Dane Richards
    astra-militarum-valhallans-2.jpg
    astra-militarum-valhallans-1.jpg
    astra-militarum-valhallans-3.jpg
    astra-militarum-valhallans-4.jpg
    astra-militarum-valhallans-5.jpg

More Pics of these guys

astra-militarum-valhallans-61.jpg
    astra-militarum-valhallans-71.jpg
    astra-militarum-valhallans-81.jpg
    astra-militarum-valhallans-91.jpg
    astra-militarum-valhallans-101.jpg

Last few pics of the Valhallan force.

Hope you like them, definitely worth doing a force like this, the snow really does finish it off.

astra-militarum-valhallans-111.jpg
    astra-militarum-valhallans-121.jpg
    astra-militarum-valhallans-13.jpg
    astra-militarum-valhallans-14.jpg
    astra-militarum-valhallans-15.jpg
  • Avatar Image davebpg159p said 4 months, 2 weeks ago:

Looking great! Valhallens were always my favorite IG faction back in the day. If they released them now in plastic I would definitely buy into an IG army again!

Same with me, out of all of them I think these were the best. I’d avoided because of them being metal but they weren’t to bad to work with, obviously not as easy to convert than plastic but I’m happy with them. I just need to figure out what to do to compliment then next.

• Avatar Image dane00166p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

As a bit of a side project to the Tyranid force I’m building I couldn’t help but start the conversions of some cavalry into Rough Riders

My plan is to have two squads of Rough Riders. The base model is the Warlord Games French Hussars with the Lances from their French Lancers models. I managed to pick a few sprues up while they were having a sale at christmas.

I decided to have 2 melta guys per squad to, the standard 40k Melta is way to big for the models so I did a bit of converting and cut a few bolters in half and removed their magazines. I then stuck the ends of a few spare meltas on and they dont look to bad as ‘Melta Carbines’.

I’ve still got a bit of conversion work to do on the Heads, mainly converting their Shakos to Fur Hats so they fit in with the rest of the Valhallan Force.

I’ll update when I can, hope you like them :)

fb_img_1483460832272.jpg
    img_20170109_2052360_rewind.jpg
    img_20170109_2053024_rewind.jpg
    img_20170109_2053122_rewind.jpg
    img_20170109_2052473_rewind.jpg
  • Avatar Image radegast6691p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

its superb conversion mate. If I would ever come back to WH40k I was thinking about making Scottish highlanders from napoleonic era conversion but your idea using horeseman made my choice changed, now I would go for some cossacs or golden horde models, amazing cant wait to see it finished @dane0001

Gmes I play – Warmachine, WarzoneResurrection, Malifaux, Batman, Infinity, Wolfsung, Dust, FlamesOfWar, Dreadball, Deadzone,all kind of Boardgames
    http://miniaturesconversion.blogspot.co.uk/

• Avatar Image dane00166p said 2 weeks, 3 days ago:

Well, this has bee taking a little longer than I’d originally hoped. Bloody real world getting in the way. Here’s a couple of pics showing the progress so far. Still a bit or work but they’re getting there!

20170312_162019.jpg
    20170312_162037.jpg
  • Avatar Image torros2945p said 2 weeks, 3 days ago:

Very nice . Which figures are you using for them?

• Avatar Image mage3773p said 2 weeks, 3 days ago:

Damn bro, looking gooooooooood! So much nice stuff. The ice on the dozer blades is amazing!!!

• Avatar Image dane00166p said 2 weeks ago:

@Torros The figure for the rough riders are actually the french hussars from warlord and i picked up some lancer sprues for the actual lance.
    Ive then just popped them on a wooden base the same size as the bike ones with 40k.
    Im hopefully going ok be able to get these done fairly soon now and then thats my valhallan detachment finished, well until i see something else shiney!!

• Avatar Image dane00166p said 1 week, 2 days ago:

Finally managed to get some hobby time over the weekend and finish off my rough riders. Not the greatest at faces but I’m getting there, I’m really pleased with how they’ve turned out, the fur may be a little light but I think it really makes the model pop. Hope you all like them.

img_1603.jpg
    img_16041.jpg
    img_1605.jpg
    img_1607.jpg
    img_1608.jpg