Beasts of War | Groups | Sci-Fi Gamer Town Square | Forum | Calling AVP kickstarter backers?!? Update 8/01/17

Beasts of War Homepage

Support The Warforged Kickstarter - Click Here

Group Admins

Sci-Fi Gamer Town Square

Public Group active 25 minutes ago

General Sci-Fi Gaming Discussion Group, where you can discuss anything sci-fi and point visitors to your threads and activities elsewhere on Beasts of War’s Hubs and Forums.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Sci Fi, Review, Event, Community Discussion, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Calling AVP kickstarter backers?!? Update 8/01/17 (834 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image joerugby520p said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Calling AVP kickstarter backers?!? Update 8/01/17

Hi all

I backed The AVP kickstarter a few years ago.

I like many of you am still waiting on my stuff. I’m wondering how many of you there are on BOW and what your feelings are.

For me;

I had no problem with the delay due to Prodos getting approval from Fox, it had to happen and I honestly couldn’t see any problem with this delay.

I do have a problem with
    1/the conflicting information that Prodos have given out.

E.g.
    We’re only going to be sending out to retailers that had backed the kickstarter when they were sending to all retailers. This is then made worse by them saying they had to do this because of their contract with Fox….then why say your only sending out to kickstarter retailers? Just be upfront.
    We’re not going to send out any more retail orders until the backers have got theirs and then sent out more orders to retailers. Again made worse by the recent wee gamers interview where Rob states they have to keep supplying retailers to pay for shipping for the kickstarter backers. Again why say one thing when it’s not the case.
    That they had shipped 700 copies to backers in the middle of July but recently stated that a total of 600 have gone to backers including the stock shipped to ninja division to fulfil the American backers.

2/ the inability to just say how many backers they have managed to ship to us, I cannot think of any reason why Prodos couldn’t say in their weekly updates how many copies have been shipped. We as the backers then can have a tangible idea on how fulfilment is progressing.

3/ The fact I could have picked up a copy in my local shop for a month and a half now, if I hadn’t helped fund this project.

So needless to say I’m not happy with Prodos. I don’t feel like they have treated us backers very well.

I hope We get our stuff soon but there’s no way I’m going to be supporting another Prodos or Prodos team member(e.g Hysterical games and route 666) kickstarter.

With that in mind have you had your stuff yet? Was it delivered or did you pick it up at a con?

And what are your thoughts on Prodos and what they have done?

Diary of a Inquisitor (Other Sci fi in 40k fluff and Pics)
    My P&M thread</
  • Avatar Image maledrakh402p said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Still waiting,

I do understand that the realities of economics and what not means that delivery takes time. But still. That Prodos cannot seem to keep their stories straight is not very trust inspiring.

on the other hand, I still have faith that I will get mine in the end.

I cannot say the same about cetain other kickstarters I have backed.

The infrequent blog: At the Mountains of Minis
  • Avatar Image inhumanbookworm160p said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Interesting, the game hit the stores earlier than backers’ houses you say? That is really professional approach, but I think that if you watched one of the past Weekenders and explanations given by Rob from Prodos about the whole KS situation (his point of view: KS fault, like they didn’t even read Terms and conditions before starting the project?) that is what you can expect. Even now I am drifting away from Warzone Resurrection as the only faction that gets new units is Imperial. That company is really weird…

• Avatar Image jamjarst94p said 1 year, 8 months ago:

I didn’t back the Kickstarter as it was before I knew it existed. I very nearly bought a “pledge” when they were selling them just before the page went down if I recall correctly. I eventually bought a retail box 3 weeks ago and received it the next day.

• Avatar Image recon63150p said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Still waiting for any type of notice that my AVP KS has been shipped to Western Australia.

Fear the G.I., Nort!
  • Avatar Image olliep716p said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Still waiting for mine
    I was fine with delays in production and happy when they said it’s finally coming. But now multiple people I know have got theirs from retail (including one gloating at the fact I don’t ) and I’m still waiting, I’ve lost all enthusiasm for the game and it may well end up on ebay.
    As for future KS, I’ll wait for general release as it’s apparently quicker!

• Avatar Image divineauthority193p said 1 year, 8 months ago:

I didn’t back the Kickstarter but I have 2 friends who did. 1 received his package about 2 weeks ago and the other is still yet to receive it. Not only have I had my copy for over a month now after picking it up at a show in Stafford, it turns out Rob from Prodos had popped into my FLGS yesterday and hand delivered a copy of AvP to them. I’m just waiting for my friend, who’s yet to receive it, to walk in and see it…

Walking in circles keeps the horizon far away.
  • Avatar Image dekinrie192p said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Have heard similar things where prodos phoned some stores offering resupply of the game less than a week ago after the update telling us there would be no more retail supplies other than filling pre-orders, leaves a bad taste

• Avatar Image chaingun510p said 1 year, 8 months ago:

I didn’t back the kickstarter but I nearly did. I do feel for the backers as I’ve sufferered from a similar thing on Kickstarter.

I don’t know but it seems that Prodos has run out of money or have they used the AVP money to pay for Warzone ? I hope for the sake of the hobby that this is not the case and I do really hope you guys get your product that you have paid for.

For me people who back kickstarter projects are investors just like a bank would be if they lend the money. So, why don’t the backers get the product first before the retailers. Just like an investor in the real world wants to see a return for his or her money.

• Avatar Image lasse680p said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Prodos is probably one of the worst miniature companies. Ever time I see their logo a red warning light starts flashing in my head.

Might it be, that they are in financial troubles and desperate for new cash?

• Avatar Image tasker617p said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Still waiting too. First and last Kickstarter of theirs i’ll be taking part in.

• Avatar Image bigneily184p said 1 year, 8 months ago:

I couldn’t agree more with you still waiting for my 4 copies and have lost almost all interest in it. as far as the Friday updates from prodos I think they are full of shit over a month ago they said no more retail copies would go out until te KS orders where completed yet retailers seem to have it. they said they where doing 150 boxsets a day (it was 50 copies a day for 1st 2 weeks and then 100 copies a day after that ) well over a month ago yet they said that they only had shipped at last notice 700 plus the 500 north American orders

• Avatar Image divineauthority193p said 1 year, 8 months ago:

I don’t think there’s a financial issue, I think it’s now just speed of production. Prodos are one of the biggest resin casters in Europe but of course that means they’re not just casting AvP and Warzone, they’ll be doing a ton of other stuff. I have no doubt people will get their copies, Prodos’ communication just hasn’t been that great on the Kickstarter.

It could be worse, it could be Games n Gears :P

• Avatar Image joerugby520p said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Thanks for all the replies

So out of the seven of us so far (including @divineauthority ‘s 2 mates)

We only have one backer who’s received their copy so far,(from BOW that is) no wonder the expected completion date for shipping has moved to mid September.

If any of you guys do get your shipping notifications please can you let the rest of us know.

Re financial troubles

Rob from Prodos said on the wee gamers interview that they need to sell to retail to pay for shipping of the kickstarter copies but they are very adamant that there’s no financial crisis for them. But then it wouldn’t be the first time they have said something that changes later down the line.

Im confident we’ll get our stuff (even tho I’m full of anger towards Prodos at the moment), providing not enough noise gets to Fox ( thinking Colonial Marines video game levels)

—————————–

If your new to the thread please add your thoughts,

I’ve mentioned it a couple of times so here’s the link to the wee gamers interview
    https://www.spreaker.com/user/weegamers/prodos-avp-game-over-man-part-one
    https://www.spreaker.com/user/weegamers/prodos-avp-game-over-man-part-two

I’ll try to keep this thread updated with the weekly updates from Prodos and any other news I can find.

• Avatar Image davebpg166p said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Just to state my position clearly for total clarity, I am a retailer and a KS backer and I have had retail copies in store before I got my KS.

I’m not mad with Prodos. I know and trust them to make good on their promises in the long run and every day on the facebook group there is a fresh post from a half dozen of people saying “got mine now” so everyone will eventually get theirs, patience is needed is all.

In my line of work, I judge a supplier not on their ability to deliver on their original promise, but on how quickly and efficiently they fix problems. Problems and mistakes occur as a natural part of any supply chain, a good company will react quickly and fix these mistakes to get that chain back on track.

Given the restraints Prodos are under from Fox to deliver a product that HAS to rival GW products for presentation etc (IE a very high standard of quality control when representing the Fox brand) I think they are doing their best.

If you had ever talked to the guys at Prodos, you would instantly recognise that they are genuine gamers like us working as hard as possible to get things sorted for everyone as quickly as possible. They have a love for the game and want to see it succeed.

On the subject of communication, yeah ok maybe a few things could have been handled differently but think about this. Most of the negatives I have seen online towards Prodos basically boil down to people being upset that they haven’t got their copy yet. With 8 hours in a working day, would you rather they spent that time e-mailing all the backers personally or in the warehouse boxing up parcels? It’s a no brainer for me.