Beasts of War | Groups | Sci-Fi Gamer Town Square | Forum | core space KS

Beasts of War Homepage

Forge of Destiny Facebook - Click Here

Group Admins

Sci-Fi Gamer Town Square

Public Group active 6 hours, 53 minutes ago

General Sci-Fi Gaming Discussion Group, where you can discuss anything sci-fi and point visitors to your threads and activities elsewhere on Beasts of War’s Hubs and Forums.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Sci Fi, Review, Event, Community Discussion, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

core space KS (18 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image breacher17p said 3 months, 2 weeks ago:

Backing Battle Systems Core Space. I like the sound of how it plays and the feel of being a Trader (more like Firefly or Betty Pirates from Alien Resurrection) not part of an army but more stuck in the middle. The minis are looking great (not perfectly fit only) but my shape. and then the 3d terrain is great. I have some of the terrain from a previous KS of thiers… What do you think?

• Avatar Image seldon91846p said 3 months, 2 weeks ago:

I like the look of it. It’s just come at a bad time of year. Don’t know if I’ll have the dosh for this. That Titan pledge though. Superb. If it has decent options for more than 2 players then so much the better.

• Avatar Image breacher17p said 3 months, 2 weeks ago:

when compared the price isn’t bad (will be my next year present so my wife doesn’t have to come up with something) and the stretch goals add enough for the family to all ;play.

• Avatar Image cornishdaimyo150p said 3 months, 2 weeks ago:

Yep, backing this too, the concept of a Firefly inspired miniature combat game/rpg system is just so wonderfully appealing to me and coupled with the incredible terrain it makes it a no-brainer. The content in that Titan pledge as well is just something else. Might come in handy for some Necromunda and Fallout set-ups in future as well which helps soften the financial blow somewhat.

• Avatar Image onlyonepinman5396p said 3 months, 2 weeks ago:

The more I read about it the more I like it. As well as some really cool game mechanics (the civilians as an AI faction) there’s some really interesting background coming out via the updates. Lots of really cool sci-fi themes and tropes creeping in and at the moment I think that this and Star Saga are probably the closest thing to a Mass Effect miniatures game we have.

The value for money of the pledges is excellent; a scenery set on its own would cost £70 without any of the free stretch goals. But for a basic pledge of £84 you’re getting a full scenery set, a load of miniatures and a set of rules and game components. I have backed for a Titan pledge but I am considering getting a few extra dashboards and trying out a three or even 4 player game.

@onlyonepinman Yeah a three or four player game sounds fun.

I’m really hoping they provide a character creator so wr can make our own characters. Generally speaking I am a big believer in buying miniatures from the companies who produce the games, especially with Sci Fi and Fantasy because that’s what keeps them alive but I am going to have so many sci fi miniatures between this and Star Saga I could really do a lot with them and would like to mix and match. Obviously if they do more models in the future I will look at buying them because the ones I have seen so far are great.

I am also thinking that hunting alien artifacts on their Fantasy Dungeon set might be a fun little game too. Like Indiana Jones in Space. I’ve been a backer of nearly every Kickstarter Battle Systems have done so I have a decent amount of their scenery to use with this game.

Found the following comments in the KS page. You can do a find in page from this link:

Haggai Kovacs on November 17
    How does 32mm scale with 28mm minie? can I used Star Saga minies in this game and vise versa? can we get a character creator?

Battle Systems Ltd 5-time creator on November 17
    Haggai Aharon Kovatch – Character creator is planned. Mantic minis War Path etc tend to be 32mm, unless Star saga was different. So they should be a perfect match :)

Does seem like character creation would be a perfect fit for this game. Mind you they’ve already got 4 crews thrown in. Just two more for the full 6 players. I wonder if they’re planning on releasing more crews in future as expansion sets? It has a bit of an Aristeia feel to it.

I’m really looking forward to seeing where they go with the game. I think at the moment I would like a character creator and more civilians or faction neutral villains (security, thugs etc). And then maybe some alien creatures. For me there’s two things that usually make or break a sci fi setting. One is the alien races and fauna the other is the space ships and space travel. The latter isn’t too important at the moment for this game but the former definitely is. I would really like to see some more alien civilians and crew members

• Avatar Image breacher17p said 3 months, 1 week ago:

one more thing… almost all figures are unique which makes it cooler (and various “shapes” ) So you don’t have a box of clones but characters

• Avatar Image darkredeemer73p said 3 months, 1 week ago:

after a week or so of thinking about it I jumped on board this morning. Got myself the core set.

• Avatar Image breacher17p said 3 months ago:

wow! Check out the new drop shuttle. Not much time left

• Avatar Image seldon91846p said 3 months ago:

It is very nice. I’m happy we hit the dashboards :) Running a 6 player with four boards each could add up a bit in add-ons.

• Avatar Image breacher17p said 3 months ago:

I had to add a couple ships… good for Infinity too

• Avatar Image darkredeemer73p said 3 months ago:

ive got a few ships as well. thinking of adding the hanger as well