Beasts of War | Groups | Sci-Fi Gamer Town Square | Forum | Primaris Chaos Marines

Beasts of War Homepage

Find Out More Battle Systems Core Space - Click Here

Group Admins

Sci-Fi Gamer Town Square

Public Group active 3 hours, 34 minutes ago

General Sci-Fi Gaming Discussion Group, where you can discuss anything sci-fi and point visitors to your threads and activities elsewhere on Beasts of War’s Hubs and Forums.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Sci Fi, Review, Event, Community Discussion, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Primaris Chaos Marines (37 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image tresilliian543p said 3 months, 1 week ago:

I just came across this which makes for some very interesting reading. Clearly it was only a matter of time before GW re-tooled the Chaos line. I’m not 100% convinced by the new scale marines but since they are here to stay it makes perfect sense that their Chaos buddies get in on the action.

chaos-primaris.jpg
  • Avatar Image while181p said 3 months, 1 week ago:

I was tempted to get the new starter and paint the Primaris Marines for my Chaos Space Marine army. Could just proxy them as Chosen, but if they bring out CSM Primarises that’d be sweet!

• Avatar Image beardragon141704p said 3 months, 1 week ago:

Good old Fabius!!! He knows quality when he sees it ! :-)

Likes: KoW, DS, DB, DZ, WP, AoS, LotR/H, BB, BtGoA, K47, GB, WM/H, AW and acronyms :-)
    Also likes: Dwarfs, Beer, Family, Good Friends, and Women with no taste in Men (thank god for them)
  • Avatar Image wtungsten88p said 3 months, 1 week ago:

Do they really need a silly story like that? Just call them demonic or warped chaos marines and say that the warp has changed them made them even bigger and stronger.. easy.

• Avatar Image andre77331p said 3 months, 1 week ago:

This helps when somone asks, if you are allowed to.
    Seriously no one will ever ask. The only rule ever, should be the rule of cool.

• Avatar Image timmoth271p said 3 months, 1 week ago:

This is exactly what should happen.
    Now I can’t buy any more Chaos Marines until this does happen.

• Avatar Image dekinrie201p said 3 months, 1 week ago:

It should be okay to make chaos primaris as the imperium has the ability to upgrade regular marines so it wouldnt take much to do the same to chaos

• Avatar Image commanderkaiser174p said 3 months, 1 week ago:

It was bound to happen eventually, I’m just glad they are going down the Fabius story root rather than shoehorning in something else.

http://thecommanderwargaming.blogspot.co.uk/

• Avatar Image limburger1773p said 3 months, 1 week ago:

Of course it was going to happen.
    It’s the grim dark universe … we can’t have nice things.

festina lente cauta fac omnia mente
  • Avatar Image mage5335p said 3 months, 1 week ago:

It’s nice to see Bile more instrumental and significant in the main story moving forward to. If anyone was gonna do it and react that was to seeing them in action, it makes perfect sense. Nay, it would make doing otherwise completely non-nonsensical in many ways.

• Avatar Image angelicdespot966p said 3 months, 1 week ago:

Although I’m sure the models will look cool (and fair enough, that is probably the most important thing), I’m not so happy about this development from a setting balance point of view.

The real world reason for the Primaris may be that GW want to make something cool and if it happens to inspire people to replace existing marine armies, so be it.

But the in-universe reason was that Guilliman, etc. needed an edge in the fight against Chaos. The Traitors have all the lovely deamons, etc. The Imperium needed something to enable them to stay in the game. The Primaris were supposed to be it. If Chaos swiftly become all primaris-ified too, then we’re kind of back to where we were before the 8th Ed. semi-reboot.

I’m looking forward to seeing the miniatures, but sorry a bit about the implications for the storyline.

• Avatar Image timmoth271p said 3 months, 1 week ago:

@angelicdespot It’s just that one extra second closer to midnight…

• Avatar Image angelicdespot966p said 3 months ago:

I guess so, but I think it makes it duller rather than more exciting.

• Avatar Image onlyonepinman5145p said 3 months ago:

@Timmoth I got the impression we were now at something like 5 past midnight. Chaos is everywhere and the Imperium is divided (physically) into two.

I have to say I am with @angelicdespot on this, I also think the prospect of Chaos Primaris marines is somewhat dull. One of the things that has always irked me is that Chaos can basically have everything the Imperium can have because “chaos”. I think it kind of takes away from both factions. On the one hand it makes the Imperial Factions feel less distinct (just “less spikey”). On the other hand it removes something from the Chaos forces; the idea that much of their kit is eons old, archaic beyond reckoning for most Imperial citizens and that it is sustained by dark magics and their ranks are bolstered by demons. What actually tends to happen is that Chaos are just Imperium+spikes. When you look at the quality of the new Plague Marines and the potential that we might see for other chapters within the existing constraints of Chaos lore, I think Chaos Primaris marines are somewhat unnecessary.

The new 40k, as I understand it, is somewhat similar to Age of Sigmar in that the focus is more on a reconquest by humanity/order and less on staving off an apocalypse. The Apocalypse has happened and the current story is about the Imperium living through it. Roboute Giulliman (and perhaps other primarchs) can be likened to Sigmar in many ways and the Indomitus Crusade can be likened very much to Sigmar’s crusade to recapture the shattered realms. In that sense the Primaris Marines are cognate with Stormcast Eternals only chaos can’t have corrupted Stormcast Eternals (other than you could maybe proxy some for some chaos warriors).

• Avatar Image sillymander47p said 3 months ago:

@onlyonepinman – midnight was total destruction by nuclear war, 5 past would be smouldering corpse vs burning corpse

“War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueller it is, the sooner it will be over.”
    -William Tecumseh Sherman