Beasts of War Homepage

Introducing the World’s greatest Gaming Newsletters! In the World, Probably! - Sign Up FREE Today! - Click Here

Group Admins

Group Mods

40K General Discussion

Public Group active 27 minutes ago

Discussion about everything Warhammer 40000 related, including modelling, painting, collecting, fluff, cheese and the expansions Apocalypse, Cityfight, Planetstrike and Spearhead. Newbie advice on tap too.

Apocalypse (37 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image usmc961121p said 1 year ago:

I suppose it was to much to ask for a points cost on every formation and building listed in the book. :-/

Wonder if wall of martyrs will ever have a points cost or if it just free to field?

• Avatar Image bloodhunter880p said 1 year ago:

i know thunderhawks are 600 odd points now instead of 900 without any real changes to the stats and the turbo laser for it is now a 90 point upgrade instead of the previous 30.

My Gaming Plog/Blog Thingy – http://dannysgamingblog.blogspot.co.uk/

There is no such thing as OP, just because you haven’t countered it doesn’t mean it can’t be done.

• Avatar Image chadeptus222p said 1 year ago:

Where are we suppose to get the apoc templates from if they are sold out????

I’m glad my thunderhawk is cheaper :-)

Relying on luck is foolish – Taking the best chance is wise
    Have Patience – Victory will find you

You could just use a tape measure…

Yeah I can see a lot more arguments with that

• Avatar Image magpie456p said 1 year ago:

@usmc961 said:
    Wonder if wall of martyrs will ever have a points cost or if it just free to field?

The wall of martyrs seems to be part of a larger “formation” of terrain pieces that is made up of a variable number of different terrain models.
    I’m guessing you pay points for the formation as a whole then choose how many of each component.

The large formation has no points cost, what are you referring to?

I think all formations are free, you just need the requirements.

It looks like if you take the fortication formations they are free, otherwise if you take a single Aquila then it costs, judging from the datasheets.

I would say the destroyer weapons are a far too powerful, if you playing against the titans with laser blasters then the game probably won’t exceed turn 2.

• Avatar Image blight1141p said 1 year ago:

Had that problem. Titan with those weapons decimated a tyranid player I was teamed up with. He never made it to their lines.
    Been trying to figure out how to deal with D without outright banning it since the player who used that titan doesn’t think anything is wrong with D.
    My thoughts have been to have everyone have something with D but the titan still out ranges everything else, fire the most, and not everyone can field something like that. Also gargantuan creatures can’t seem to match it unless the titan rolls terribly on the D chart. Been working on combos that could even the playing field but they are risky.

• Avatar Image bloodhunter880p said 1 year ago:

is D the same as before or has it changed?

D weapons aren’t near as terrible as they were last edition… Most of them won’t insta-kill the majority of synapse creatures for nids (D3+1 66% of the time, which means 66% of the time that’s 2 wounds). On top of that the titans are massive points, nids can take endless swarms, flank march, and blind barrage all to reduce effectiveness. Gene stealers can even assault when they come in from infiltrating with the upgrade. Most D weapons are also templates so can’t hit flyers. This isn’t a chance to nerf a Titan because someone spent the money to get it, tell the other guy if he really wants to eat a planet to get the tools or assets to do it. Otherwise I’d say he needs some teammates.

Yeah I understand that, I own a Thunderhawk and a Reaver Titan.

But now there is no saves of any kind allowed, 1 shot can potentially take out 12 hull points / wounds, and my reaver titan has the laser blasters x2 which fire 6 D shots.

I would say they are massively powerful now, however I have noticed in there example of their game in the rulebook that they set out 3 turns each. Which is probably all it would last anyway lol.

Well I mostly take issue with the fact that the titan spends no extra points for those weapons so you’d be a fool not to take them. I want to see warhounds that have something other than turbo lasers.
    As for D being worse it is somewhat debatable. It does ignore all saves and means of resurrection that require a roll now. That is pretty power full. It also almost always kills vehicles since even on a one it causes a penetrating hit which is usually up 1 or 2. Now tyranids aren’t in quite as much danger as they used to be ( the battle was using the old rules so he was screwed) but with 4 D large blasts I’d say it is quite likely that anything, even gargantuan creatures will die in one round of shooting. It’s no longer (usually) one blast per creature but it’s still likely to wipe them out if they aren’t all flying.

http://www.thediceabide.com/2013/07/apocalypse-i-love-the-d-estroyer/
    This article says a lot about my issues with the titans really. They above all super heavies have the cheapest and most devastating of D weapons.

By the way does anyone have this or knows about the rules for these formations? I wasn’t able to get the limited edition but I really want to know about the chaos formations from pandorax.
    http://apocalypse40k.blogspot.com/2013/07/apocalypse-warzone-pandorax.html