Beasts of War | Groups | 40K General Discussion | Forum | My 40k update

Beasts of War Homepage

Support The Sine Tempore Kickstarter - Click Here

Group Admins

No Admins

Group Mods

40K General Discussion

Public Group active 16 hours, 47 minutes ago

Discussion about everything Warhammer 40000 related, including modelling, painting, collecting, fluff, cheese and the expansions Apocalypse, Cityfight, Planetstrike and Spearhead. Newbie advice on tap too.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Sci Fi, 40k, Warhammer 40k, Games Workshop, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

My 40k update (22 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image caesar1007p said 4 months ago:

I havent played 40k in about thirty nine thousend years, back then it was just called k. I understand there are alot of changes, the main one that pleases me is the allies system. for someonw who really only wants to buy the models he wants to paint rather then the ones the army book tells me too this seems to provide the freedom to create a varied little force.

basicly im looking at getting a hq and a troop for each imperial force (which i understand is a legal deetachment) and then deciding which faction to make the primary one later, my question is, can I make an inquisitorial warband my main faction and ally the rest around it or does it have to be a legit army?

• Avatar Image kevlin194p said 4 months ago:

I haven’t looked at the new Imperial agents book but in the Codex: inquisition they have a special requirement if you take it as the primary detachment:

1HQ required and then 1 optional HQ and 3 optional elites.

So yes, you can have an inquisitorial warband as your primary force :)

My humble hobbyblog
    ——————————————————–
    https://miniaturedarkness.wordpress.com/
  • Avatar Image craigwrdouglas325p said 4 months ago:

Hi Ceasar,

Inquisition are a legitimate faction with their own codex as I understand it.

There is some discussion on tactics and lists here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/314566-ordo-malleus-1500-points/
    https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Inquisition(7E)

I think the idea behind unbound rules is designed to allow you to use the figures that you have (which allows you to buy the ones that you want).

A handful of models in each scheme is what I am doing with 30k at the moment.

This gives me far more variety when painting models.

the painting variety is the main thing for me. I just finished a goblin sigmar army and a japanese k47 army and both are so troop heavy. I cant batch paint another million dudes.

• Avatar Image craigwrdouglas325p said 4 months ago:

It’s the same for me – I’ve got 2 Prospero boxes and a Calth box that I’m working through each chapter seems to get 10 tac marines, 5 terminators and a tank before I’m sick of painting them. I’m working through the candy red scheme with the alclad II scheme for the thousand sons at the moment (this looks incredible so far so they might get a few extra models)

slightly related question… can acolytes duel wield either plasma pistols or power weapons?

No, what I can read out of the codex is that they can switch one of their weapons for a Bolt gun, a hot shot lasgun or a storm bolter. They cant upgrade their close combat chain sword.

ah, i’ve been using an online army builder to plot things out and it seems to have loads of extra choices. thanks :)

found sevral forums saying three acolytes can carry power weapons and you can upgrade bolters to strom bolters… also it seems like half the rules are in the GK codex and the other half are in IA ssoooooo thats helpful, lol.

that aside how legit is this list

Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor (1) – 60pts
    1 Inquisitor: Frag and krak grenades,Bolt pistol,Force weapon,Psyker (Mastery Level 1),The Grimoire of True Names

Acolytes (9) – 117pts
    6 Acolyte: Storm bolter,Chainsword,Carapace armour
    3 Acolyte: Power weapon,Chainsword,Carapace armour

Allied Detachment

Tactical Squad (5) – 95pts
    1 Sergeant: Bolt pistol,Boltgun
    1 Tactical Marine: Missile launcher with flakk missiles,Bolt pistol
    3 Tactical Marine: Boltgun,Bolt pistol

Venerable Dreadnought (1) – 125pts
    1 Venerable Dreadnought: Multi-melta,Power fist with stormbolter

Librarian (1) – 90pts
    1 Librarian: Terminator armour,Psyker Master Level 1,Force weapon

Assassinorum Operative

Vindicare Assassin (1) – 150pts
    1 Vindicare Assassin

Enginseer Congragation

Tech-Priest Enginseer (1) – 40pts
    1 Enginseer: Blessings of the Omnissiah,Independent Character,Awaken the Machine,Laspistol,Power axe,Servo-arm,Frag and Krak grenades

Ministorum Delegation

Canoness (1) – 65pts
    1 Canoness: Bolt pistol,Chainsword

Allied Detachment

Primaris Psyker (1) – 75pts
    1 Primaris Psyker: Psyker (Mastery Level 2)

Platoon Command Squad (5) – 30pts
    1 Platoon Commander: Voice of Command,Laspistol,Close combat weapon
    4 Guardsman: Laspistol and close combat weapon

I haven’t looked at the Imperial agents so I couldn’t say how valid the list is. But the Imperial agent book is for allies only so the Grey Knight would be the primary detachment.

Looks valid to me though. You have a decent GK detachment and then a few others for allies. Just check how many of each you can have.

• Avatar Image caesar1007p said 3 months ago:

I’ve slightly geared my force towards playing inquisimunda and kill team since I posted , so I’ve got an inquisitorial war band and a small skitari detachment all in Dark Angels colours.

skitari1.jpg
    skitari2.jpg
    host1.jpg
    host2.jpg
  • Avatar Image mage4012p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Looking fantastic dude! :)

• Avatar Image caesar1007p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

cheers, im pretty pumped for shadow war now,

• Avatar Image craigwrdouglas325p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

They look great!

I wish I could finish models…

• Avatar Image caesar1007p said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Lol, the unfinished pile is just off camera, looking at me with disappointed grey eyes. ‘why haven’t you finished us, are we not good enough for you?’