Beasts of War Homepage

AFTERLIFE : The Shards of Liberty - Click Here

Group Admins

Group Mods

40K General Discussion

Public Group active 4 hours, 6 minutes ago

Discussion about everything Warhammer 40000 related, including modelling, painting, collecting, fluff, cheese and the expansions Apocalypse, Cityfight, Planetstrike and Spearhead. Newbie advice on tap too.

New Wargear: combi-pistols. Should 40k go ”Judge Dredd” style? (5 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image dreamzkape61p said 1 year, 9 months ago:

2 weeks ago, I’d been flicking through the Space Wolves codex. on Page 67, top right corner is a Wolf Priest with what could potentially act as a combi pistol, if they were included in the 40k universe.

It’s not a question of whether it’s possible to make them, as it would be. It’s a question of should GW introduce them to increase the length of options. Good for Sergeants, say, who take a bolt pistol & chainsword.

Flamer, grenade shot, plasma, infernus. Anything else??? Blind grenade shot? If it’s gonna be new, GW should add a variety of choices. “Judge Dredd” style.

I think it’d be very interesting, as small an idea it is. 40k has many weapons that we can field for our armies. I think the introduction of a combi pistol would be cool. We’ve got combi rifles; why not pistols?

Thoughts?

• Avatar Image nazghallion240p said 1 year, 9 months ago:

could be interesting but I’m not so sure it’d be possible to build without having a double barreled revolver type weapon…. as featured in the recent Eisenhorn vs. Ravenor novel… as you still need space for connectors and such on the weapon. Maybe have a cheap single shot pistol you can have on top of other wargear? so bolt pistol chainsword and single shot plasma?

• Avatar Image deathangel252p said 1 year, 9 months ago:

thing is, with 6th edition’s gunsliger rule, you can have both a bolt pistol, and a plasma, hand flamer or infernus. so combi-pistols are kind of redundant…plus, with dual pistols, you can fire them every turn…that being the case, i don’t see why anyone would take them.

today is tomorrow’s yesterday
  • Avatar Image candykane89p said 1 year, 9 months ago:

yes you can have 2 pistols with range……. no character can get a plasma gun or a multi melta….. or a nice heavy weapon. You have great BS but no weapon that can make use of it ……
    you get stuck with a chainsword…. and a bolt gun… there is always a massive range of CC weapons… witch i don’t want!
    what can you get the bolter / combi bolter / storm bolter……
    CC is dead in 6th edition who brings the best guns an BS will win ……… yes 6th edition is boring

6th edition sucks Come one GW stop making kiddie rules
  • Avatar Image bloodhunter882p said 1 year, 9 months ago:

would you really want to put a special weapon on a SM captain though? if he’s got a melta gun he might as well have a pair of pistols, if he’s got a flamer by the time he gets to use it it might as well be a combi-weapon and with the plasma gun he’ll end up taking a wound off of himself when he really needs the shot to work.

as for heavy weapons it wouldn’t be fluffy (ignore davian thule at this point, he ended up in a dreadnought because of his heavy bolter and lack of CC punch). space marine captains lead from the front, at the front you need more CC than shooting. if you really want a shooty captain the take a boltgun with hellfire rounds. if you want a HQ with a big gun, MoTF with conversion beamer.

keep in mind though, CC isn’t dead. it’s better than before with challenges. i love warlord on warlord challenges, or throwing a sgt at something ridiculous (ghazgul) to watch him get squished, but die trying :)

My Gaming Plog/Blog Thingy – http://dannysgamingblog.blogspot.co.uk/

There is no such thing as OP, just because you haven’t countered it doesn’t mean it can’t be done.