Beasts of War | Groups | 40K General Discussion | Forum | Start Collecting Sold Out?

Beasts of War Homepage

Support the War is Coming: Warmaidens & Dragonbreds Kickstarter Campagin - Click Here

Group Admins

No Admins

Group Mods

40K General Discussion

Public Group active 1 hour, 42 minutes ago

Discussion about everything Warhammer 40000 related, including modelling, painting, collecting, fluff, cheese and the expansions Apocalypse, Cityfight, Planetstrike and Spearhead. Newbie advice on tap too.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Sci Fi, 40k, Warhammer 40k, Games Workshop, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Start Collecting Sold Out? (6 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image poosh2757p said 2 months ago:

The Orks, Necrons and Space Wolves Start Collecting box sets have “sold out online” on the UK GW store?

Does anyone know what this means exactly?

• Avatar Image poosh2757p said 2 months ago:

… they re-released Start Collecting: Skitarii today (?) so maybe they are repacking the boxes to include 8th edition rules inside them ?

• Avatar Image irredeemable1327p said 2 months ago:

Probably. Those start collecting boxes came with formation sheets which are no longer usable.

• Avatar Image limburger1628p said 2 months ago:

I hope they indicate which ones will have the new 8th edition stats.
    Even their website doesn’t always link to the 8th edition sheets at the moment,

festina lente cauta fac omnia mente
  • Avatar Image redben7694p said 2 months ago:

GW are usually pretty on the ball when it comes to withdrawing outdated product as soon as it becomes outdated. I’d be concerned about buying one from a third party seller if I wanted to make sure I got the 8th ed inserts, but not from GW. Even if they uncharacteristically sell product with outdated inserts, I’d expect them to replace it on request as their customer service is also good.

• Avatar Image mecha822194p said 2 months ago:

For those that want to have updated inserts it’s nice that they update those as fast as possible. It’s always good if online stores clearly tells that to those that do care about that that because unlike with LGSs and Warhammer Stores you can’t just look at box to see if it has 7th ed insert or 8th ed insert.

That said it’s clear that LGSs will likely still have ones with older inserts as well because they just can’t take those off shelves because they have paid money to get those on they shelves.