Beasts of War | Groups | 40K General Discussion | Forum | Start Collecting Sold Out?

Beasts of War Homepage

Find Out More Battle Systems Core Space - Click Here

Group Admins

No Admins

Group Mods

40K General Discussion

Public Group active 19 hours, 22 minutes ago

Discussion about everything Warhammer 40000 related, including modelling, painting, collecting, fluff, cheese and the expansions Apocalypse, Cityfight, Planetstrike and Spearhead. Newbie advice on tap too.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Sci Fi, 40k, Warhammer 40k, Games Workshop, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

Start Collecting Sold Out? (17 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image poosh2759p said 4 months ago:

The Orks, Necrons and Space Wolves Start Collecting box sets have “sold out online” on the UK GW store?

Does anyone know what this means exactly?

• Avatar Image poosh2759p said 4 months ago:

… they re-released Start Collecting: Skitarii today (?) so maybe they are repacking the boxes to include 8th edition rules inside them ?

• Avatar Image irredeemable1362p said 4 months ago:

Probably. Those start collecting boxes came with formation sheets which are no longer usable.

• Avatar Image limburger1776p said 4 months ago:

I hope they indicate which ones will have the new 8th edition stats.
    Even their website doesn’t always link to the 8th edition sheets at the moment,

festina lente cauta fac omnia mente
  • Avatar Image redben7868p said 4 months ago:

GW are usually pretty on the ball when it comes to withdrawing outdated product as soon as it becomes outdated. I’d be concerned about buying one from a third party seller if I wanted to make sure I got the 8th ed inserts, but not from GW. Even if they uncharacteristically sell product with outdated inserts, I’d expect them to replace it on request as their customer service is also good.

• Avatar Image mecha822260p said 4 months ago:

For those that want to have updated inserts it’s nice that they update those as fast as possible. It’s always good if online stores clearly tells that to those that do care about that that because unlike with LGSs and Warhammer Stores you can’t just look at box to see if it has 7th ed insert or 8th ed insert.

That said it’s clear that LGSs will likely still have ones with older inserts as well because they just can’t take those off shelves because they have paid money to get those on they shelves.

• Avatar Image kiranamida25p said 3 weeks, 4 days ago:

Semi-related question: Anyone know if GW ever lets info on what starter sets are coming out of the bag? I am currently debating between getting started with the Astra Militarum or the Adeptus Ministorum. The thing that might clinch if for me is if the Astra Militarum comes back into stock as it seems a great way to get a field ready set of minis rather than trying to piece together Sisters of Battle and Friends but if there was one coming for them? Who knows.

Though that would involve plastic Sisters of Battle, which from the week I have spent looking to get into the table top world of 40K is a bit of a pipe dream in and of itself…

It’s pronounced Kih-rah Na-mee-dah.

Just getting into the hobby with Badger & Burrows and hopefully Warhammer 40,000

• Avatar Image avernos1361p said 3 weeks, 4 days ago:

@kiranamida said:
    Semi-related question: Anyone know if GW ever lets info on what starter sets are coming out of the bag? I am currently debating between getting started with the Astra Militarum or the Adeptus Ministorum. The thing that might clinch if for me is if the Astra Militarum comes back into stock as it seems a great way to get a field ready set of minis rather than trying to piece together Sisters of Battle and Friends but if there was one coming for them? Who knows.

Though that would involve plastic Sisters of Battle, which from the week I have spent looking to get into the table top world of 40K is a bit of a pipe dream in and of itself…

Plastic Sisters, like plastic greatcoat guardsmen, have been a constant rumour for well over 15 years now. I wouldn’t hold my breath. Having played my first 40K 8th game with sisters I will say they’re fun, but they’re missing an awful lot of tools to deal with armoured/monsterous units without going down the route of spamming one thing over and over.

I’d just go for the Imperial Guard, it’s a viable army and you won’t have to start a sideline in selling meth to field them ;)

“Daemons and Shit!” -BoW Lloyd 2017

Sophia Lives!!!

@avernos said:
    I’d just go for the Imperial Guard, it’s a viable army and you won’t have to start a sideline in selling meth to field them ;)

Ha ha, yeah. I’ve been getting that distinct impression about the Sisters. Well, this just means I can sell a kidney for those Victoria Miniatures Victorian Guard models and get my Pratorean Guard assembled instead. :P

@kiranamida said:
    Ha ha, yeah. I’ve been getting that distinct impression about the Sisters. Well, this just means I can sell a kidney for those Victoria Miniatures Victorian Guard models and get my Pratorean Guard assembled instead. :P

I do love her Praetorians, I picked up Michael Caine to lead my own GW ones, and at some stage down the line I may grab the Lancers to go with them

• Avatar Image nakchak4214p said 3 weeks, 4 days ago:

I wouldnt put it past them for a december surprise of sisters, as everything but plastic sisters has come true from last years wh tv christmas year ahead vid….
    Unless they back track and say its st celestine….

Diverse guard is the top of my GW wish list, bring back rough riders and ratlings!

There is no ignominy, there is glory,
    There is no servitude, there is dominance,
    There is no defeat, there is victory… victory eternal!
  • Avatar Image kantor72406p said 3 weeks, 4 days ago:

The dex has Ratlings, but sadly no Rough Riders.

@nakchak said:
    I wouldnt put it past them for a december surprise of sisters

Do I dare to dream?

@nakchak said:
    I wouldnt put it past them for a december surprise of sisters, as everything but plastic sisters has come true from last years wh tv christmas year ahead vid….
    Unless they back track and say its st celestine….

Diverse guard is the top of my GW wish list, bring back rough riders and ratlings!

I didn’t know the ratlings had gone away. That’s a shame, I love them

• Avatar Image craigwrdouglas517p said 3 weeks, 4 days ago:

Well, there was that plastic thunderhawk that failed to materialise :)