Beasts of War | Groups | 40K General Discussion | Forum | The Everblight vectorium (Challenge of the beast)

Beasts of War Homepage

Find Out More Battle Systems Core Space - Click Here

Group Admins

No Admins

Group Mods

40K General Discussion

Public Group active 15 hours, 26 minutes ago

Discussion about everything Warhammer 40000 related, including modelling, painting, collecting, fluff, cheese and the expansions Apocalypse, Cityfight, Planetstrike and Spearhead. Newbie advice on tap too.

Common post tags:
(Please use when creating topics.)
Sci Fi, 40k, Warhammer 40k, Games Workshop, *Gamename

*Please refer to the game or company

The Everblight vectorium (Challenge of the beast) (17 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image kevlin239p said 5 months, 1 week ago:

As the new edition is just around the corner my Deathguard army was again calling for me after having been sitting on my shelf for far too long. Nurgle demanded a sacrefice in his name so I started to plot my own little warparty.

Might have planed it a little too well because just a few weeks ago my appendix was about to burst so I was rushed to the hospital for surgery. Back on my feet I have started the story of the Everblight with their ship Requiem Est.

+ + +

Every ship that sails the darkness between the stars carries its own history. A legacy of all the things it has experienced and accomplished. Whether you call this essence The machine spirit or the ship’s soul all these things are ingrained into the ship giving it its unique character.

This is the story of the battle cruiser Requiem Est and how far it has fallen. Born at the height of the Age of Apostasy it was christened Almirel’s Fury as it would carry the Fraternis Templars as they protected the Ecclesiarchy and its move back to the dusty halls on Terra.

Almirel was a rash and bloodthirsty captain that set out to make a fortune for himself as the conflict between the Ecclesiarchy and the Imperium grew. At the edges of the Obscurum Tempestus he raided worlds demanding tithes in the name of the church.

It all went well for quite a while before the Imperial fleet caught up with him and his crew. They where swiftly dealt with and sent to their deaths in the cold darkness of space. The ship then joined the fleet for many years living a rather quiet life with the coward captain Ardbus at its helm.

But the ship’s soul had been awakened so as the bloody conflict grew into the Reign of blood it again was brought into violent service as Ardbus was replaced with Imperial captain Jeramy Ghal that commandeered the ship to chase after the renegade war master Ulthrich that had been spreading fear and terror in the Agripinaa sector, close to the Eye of terror. In a brutal fleet battle the war master was finally slain but the ship had suffered heavy damage and was sent to the ship yards of Agripinaa where it again was left in a state of restless sleep.

For over three thousand years it would rest before dreams of glory again roused it from its heavy sleep. Abbadon launched his 11th crusade and Almirel’s fury was commandeered by the Ultramarine captain Corador to protect the Cadian gate. It was christened Voice of Agripinaa to protect the vessel as it travelled the treacherous space around the Eye of terror in service of the Emperor of mankind.

But the enemy never came and the Voice of Agripinaa’s mission changed yet again placing it on a patrol route to protect from incursions from the Eye of terror, the ever present threat to the imperium. For many years it would lead a rather singular life battling pirates and small war parties. But fate had other plans for her and as the civil war ravaged the world of Vrax in the Scarus sector it was again was called into service. The fleet battle over the planet had escalated with multiple marine chapters on either side fighting for control and the Voice of Agripinaa held its flank against the chaos.

It was here a small almost unnoticed cut would send its soul on yet another journey. As the war raged a small breacher squad from the Death guard chapter The Purge managed to board the ship. It was an almost indistinguishable hole in the hull and even if the intrusion was swiftly dealt with the slow, wilting strain of virus that took hold of the ship could not be battled. In the end Captain Corador ordered the navigator to set a course out of the system so that the plague would not spread to other ships.

They say that every ship that has succumbed to the dreaded diseases of Nurgle slowly will make its way towards the home of the plague lord himself, the Plague planet. Here they become plague hulks that are sent back out to spread the benediction of the All father.

The valiant sacrifice doomed the crew and the ship to slowly drift towards the Eye of terror and the Plague planet in a drawn out torturous death rattle. In time the battle cruiser left the warp a tainted husk of it former self and arrived at the shores of the cursed planet.

Here it was gifted to Death guard captain Kyrios with a specific mission to sneak into the Ultramar sector and lay in wait for further instructions. He gathered his men and christened the ship Requiem Est as a cruel twist on its former name. They set off just as the 13th black crusade launched making them a spearhead into what would be a glorious time for the dark Gods.

+ + +

Here starts the story of The Everblight and their mission to disrupt Ultramar. I have opened my Prosepero box and made a few squads of 30K marines in wait for the new glorious box to arrive next week. More to come.

So a new chapter opened up for the ship now known as Requiem Est. A twisting journey that would take it to the heart of darkness through the treacherous murky warp.

Who knows what tales it will be a part of as the bell strikes the hour for the Imperium of man yet again.

——————————————————–
    My hobby blog: Miniature darkness
    My hobby on Instagram: @miniaturedarkness
  • Avatar Image kevlin239p said 4 months, 3 weeks ago:

The everblight vectorium

”No matter where you go death surrounds you. Your world is in decay and inexorably it slowly dissolves until nothing besides remain. We are the blight upon your so called perfect imperium. We are your suffering as you slowly die.”
    - Captain Kyrios of the Everblight

The Everblight is a small Deathguard Vectorium that specializes in sowing chaos behind enemy lines. They choose weak worlds to invade and use both chemical and biological weapons to ruin the lands for generations to come.

Lead by Captain Kyrios they have a mission whispered from the lips of the Lord himself; To spread the blight to the paradise worlds of Ultramar. With the Hades anomaly as their base they strike against unprotected worlds all along the Easter fringe slowly moving towards their goal.

Kyrios was once one of the chosen, hand picked from the Gravewardens to lead the war against the heart of the imperium. Already an expert in laying waste to the world he set out to spread the benedictions of the Allfather in preparation of what mankind would call the Plague wars.

Chosen from both Chaos Space Marines and Plague marines the Vectorium is a versatile strike force that even uses the daemons from beyond to aid in their cause to lay waste to Ultramar. Such is their disdain for the Ultramarines – The glowing beacon of false hope in the decaying and crumbling world.

+ + +

Being stranded on my brother’s couch all summer left me without things to paint but in a few weeks the vacation is over and I’m heading back to my painting station. Next part of the Beast challenge is painting so it fits perfectly.

img_02442.jpg
  • Avatar Image kevlin239p said 4 months, 2 weeks ago:

So I have painted two deathguard marines now to get a feel for the vectorium. I have gotten a box of Burning of a prospero and a dark imperium box. That would give me a few deathguard squads and a few regular CSM squads.

I will use the 30K marines as CSM and the new deathguard as plague marines. Also got myself a nice dread from Forgeworld so that will be a cool addition to my little squad.

More to come soon. What do you think?

dg02.jpg
  • Avatar Image dignity751p said 4 months, 1 week ago:

@kelvin what colours did you use for this scheme? They look fantastic :)

Long Suffering Edit monkey….
  • Avatar Image kevlin239p said 4 months, 1 week ago:

@dignity
    Primed them white and then washed them with a mix of lhamian medium and Seraphim sepia. I’m actually working on a quick painting tutorial for them since others have asked the same question.

Went heavier with the wash on the new ones for that even more aged effect. Looking forward to see how your adventure into Death guard territory works out.

• Avatar Image svboel113p said 4 months, 1 week ago:

Really love it :D im gonna use this on my dark imperium death guards.

• Avatar Image kevlin239p said 4 months ago:

@svboel
    Glad you found it useful. I really love the white colours even if they are a pain in the arse to get right :)

Looking forward to see your results.

Have had a few games now and worked out the army I want to start with. It is 1175p or 61pp for the narrative games but I’m already expanding it with a new Forge world order. It’s just too hard not to with the great heresy models they got.

I have friends building 30K armies so I wanted to get models that can be used in both. Grabbed some Grave warden terminators because that’s a very signature troop for the death guards and I got some breechers because they look super cool with the boarding shields.

thought I present the different troops next week here on the blog. What else should I grab? Any good ideas?

• Avatar Image minigiant727p said 4 months ago:

Great work @Kevlin

“Don’t bring me good miniatures- bring me Lucky ones” (Napoléon Bonaparte, 1780)
    Minigiant’s Giant Blog
    Minigiant Swag

Cheers @minigiant. Almost thought I lost you since the Beast challenge has been awfully quiet in the last few months. Glad to see that you’re back mate.

• Avatar Image minigiant727p said 4 months ago:

@Kevlin I moved to China so other priorities. I was hoping more people would jump on board, alas it was not to be

• Avatar Image cbrenner85p said 4 months ago:

Hi Guys,

I am new to the forces of Chaos starting with 8th Ed. My son wanted the space marines so I am now following the “Nurgle Path”. Can you help me with good places to get background on the Death Guard and the other forces? I like to read the fluff.

Great looking minis. I like that paint scheme.

A quick search in the black library came up with these three books that might be worth a look if you are into your death guard:
    http://www.blacklibrary.com/the-horus-heresy/quick-reads/blackshield.html
    http://www.blacklibrary.com/the-horus-heresy/quick-reads/daemonology-ebook.html
    http://www.blacklibrary.com/the-horus-heresy/quick-reads/distant_echoes_of_old_night.html

I get my info mostly from game books and from wikis such as Lexicanum. the 40K wikis is a good place to start, most have the collected time line a condensed format. Hope you find something @cbrenner.

@kevlin thanks a bunch. I will check them out.

@kevlin thanks a bunch. I will check them out.