Beasts of War Homepage

Introducing the World’s greatest Gaming Newsletters! In the World, Probably! - Sign Up FREE Today! - Click Here

Group Admins

Group Mods

40K General Discussion

Public Group active 11 hours, 17 minutes ago

Discussion about everything Warhammer 40000 related, including modelling, painting, collecting, fluff, cheese and the expansions Apocalypse, Cityfight, Planetstrike and Spearhead. Newbie advice on tap too.

Tournament Eldar – 1850 pts (14 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image deathfire186p said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Hey guys!
    Just looking for some feedback on my tourney list that I am thinking on bringing in February. What do you all think of it and where can I make adjustments etc?
    HQ
    Eldrad – 210 pts

Farseer w/ guide and mind war, spirit stones – 115 pts (gonna be rolling on the Divination table for this guy)

TROOPS
    10x Dire Avengers, Exarch w/ bladestorm and dual shuriken catapults – 152 pts

10x Dire Avengers, Exarch w/ bladestorm and dual shuriken catapults – 152 pts

6x Pathfinders – 144 pts

3x Guardian Jetbikes, shuriken cannon+ Warlock w/ singing spear, destructor power – 134 pts

FORTIFICATION
    Aegis Defence Line w/ Quad Gun – 100 pts

TRANSPORT
    Wave Serpent w/ TL Shuriken Cannon and Chin Shuriken Cannon – 110 pts

Wave Serpent w/ TL Shuriken Cannon and Chin Shuriken Cannon – 110 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Fire Prism barebones – 115 pts

Fire Prism barebones – 115 pts

5x Dark Reapers, Exarch w/ Tempest Launcher and Crack Shot – 217 pts

That totals 1674 points, giving me 176 points to spend, but what to spend it on? I don’t have war walkers to replace my Reapers, I could buy a Guardian squad with a scatter laser and a five man Fire Dragon squad to go in a wave serpent and have my avengers camp or slog across the board to objectives. I’m open to allies, I have BT and Orks.

My armies: Hive Fleet Zenith 2500pts, Fir Farillecassion 2000pts(Eldar), Crusade Of Wrath 1250pts
    ‘Ead Splitta Clan 1000pts (WIP), Yu Jing Army Pack (WIP)
    Call me @deathfire please. SERIOUSLY
  • Avatar Image servantofszarekh43p said 1 year, 6 months ago:

How about Runes of Witnessing and Spirit Stones for the Farseer? that leaves 146 points to spend. That’ll give an extra Mastery Level (to let you cast two powers per turn) and a better chance of passing Psychic tests and avoiding Perils (Runes of Witnessing, roll 3D6 and discard highest). To get maximum power out of your Farseer.
    Where are Eldrad and the Farseer going? Eldrad behind an Aegis with Pathfinders means guys who won’t die (okay T3, but 2++) and can be given Pyschic gifts on an assembly line (Guide against a Goomed unit where the character has been Mind War’ed (is that Focussed Witchfire? In which case it’s not that good in my opinion) and a re-rollable 2+ save) and if a Flyer turns up, Doom it (so dodging becomes a waste of time) and use a Fortuned Quad-Gun to shoot it down.
    Upgrade the Fire Prism Shuriken Catapults to Cannons and give them Holofields (okay, Hull Points, but the first two penetrations will be prevented from destroying it).
    That’s my advice.

The time has come- The Necrons have awoken, and all shall bow
    For the glory of Szarekh!
  • Avatar Image derke562p said 1 year, 6 months ago:

I agree with Servantofszarekh but I think you should try to max out the jet bikes and pathfinders if you can

I actually have spirit stones added to the cost of the Farseer, but I forgot to put that into the first post. Runes is also a waste of points when you hardly ever fail leaderships for a test. Heck, you even have ghosthelm to stop perils.
    My main plan of things was to have the Dark Reapers behind the Aegis, with the exarch firing the quad gun with his crack shot ability to get rid of any cover flyers can get or what have you, dodge? So they can get their 3+ save and sit behind a 4+ wall.

My aim for pathfinders was to put them forward in terrain near an objective but also get that 2+ cover save that so many people loath. I mainly want to put them forward so they can hopefully precision shot some dastardly character or special weapons guy and gain their points back, while still being able to reach that objective late game. Alas, I have no more Pathfinders at the moment, but six of them should suffice right?

My original aim, pre-FAQ was to have Eldrad rolling in a wave serpent with a Dire Avenger squad so I can cast guide and doom, fortune, blast anything that could harm me and hopefully anything left won’t hurt my Avengers because they have fortune on them. Then it would have been: Hop in, and go for the objective. I wanted to have something similar for the other Serpent, but with the farseer hopefully getting Precognition and still be able to cast another power.

The Fire Prisms are barebones for a for a few reasons, one being that they’ll be far out of range from lascannons or anything that can damage them. Holo fields is a waste of points in my eyes and it is the same with spirit stones.

get scatter lasers for the wave serpentes and possibly more dark reapers?

• Avatar Image nazghallion240p said 1 year, 6 months ago:

could you provide a list of models you own? we may be able to thrash out a list from that… even though im convinced those pathfinders do need to be 10 man tbh

Ok, sorry for the late response, I haven’t been on my pc in a few days so here is the list of models I have:
    20 Guardian Defenders,
    25 Dire Avengers,
    2 Farseers,
    Eldrad,
    6 Striking Scorpions including Exarch,
    2 Fire Prisms,
    2 Wave Serpents,
    1 War Walker,
    4 Jetbikes,
    6 Pathfinders,
    5 Fire Dragons and Exarch,
    5 Dark Reapers.
    I think that’s about it, its not a whole lot more to work with but see what you can do. :)

I say get more war walkers to start with and more pathfinders. fire prisms are great but if anyone gets across the board they are dead, along with your reapers so try and get as many war walkers, that way he will have just too much to shoot and you can kill more. Failing that just get a nice firing line with the striking scorpions to defend it

That’s pretty much what I’m going for, gunline Eldar. Should I post the rulespack to show you guys the missions and stuff?

Than I say war walkers, cheap fire support, ya show the mission

• Avatar Image lublek2 said 1 year, 6 months ago:

you should field guardian defenders, lose the warlock in thr jetbike squad and give it to the foot sloggers with embolden. YOU MUST RUN FIRE DRAGONS!!! they are just too good to not have them. and its a shame you dont have more CC units, you need a strong speed bump because they will come for you with your squishy troops. take EML for the defender guardians and u should be good. idk what the people play near u but where i played land raiders are still around and you will not have fun against them with your army….

• Avatar Image nazghallion240p said 1 year, 6 months ago:

agree the fire dragons are essential id put them in a wave serpent so they have a good chance of getting to the enemy… personally i take 10 with Eldrad using divination…. local marine players hate the combo :L

personally quite like dark reapers but agree war walkers do their job better (starcannons or scatter lasers)

Jetbikes are handy for objective grabbing, but go min size and do it late game apart from in relic (land on it run in shooting phase then 2d6″ assault move max 6″ move but that’s 12″ closer to you than it was if you roll well)

a big blob of defenders can work wonders although id go conceal over embolden just for that extra little bit of survivability maybe shove a farseer in to kick it up to ld10 plus some re rolls, I’d also pick up some more pathfinders and play a squad of 10 the dire avengers are decent and fairly versatile… nice tarpit with defend and shimmershield in my experience.

if your taking scorpions don’t take the infiltrate power keep them near your lines full squad and jump on anything stupid enough to get close after being shot up by your gunline. again would recommend picking up some more for a full squad.

hope this helps

• Avatar Image lublek2 said 1 year, 6 months ago:

u can also get a Skyshield Landing Pad for 75pts? when its shielded units on top have a 4+inv save and not a 4+cover save so they cant negate your save with templates and crack shot effects. It is also higher up and gives a much better vantage point for reapers and ranger/pathfinders. granted you wont get the quad gun to shoot at flyers but thems the breaks. its also harder to assault units on the Landing pad because they will have to climb up it so if they dont quite make it up its no good. so you can get 2 snap shots sometimes and an extra round of regular shots. or another try for other units to take them out.
    have the out in the open dire avengers chill out near it to keep your guys safe or those scorpions to assault incoming problems.

• Avatar Image deathfire186p said 1 year, 5 months ago:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LC3f93E3yFtK5DuEB0uqFoEb2AmWjqUp9JRkL21Vras/edit

Sorry for not getting back, I like the idea of a Skyshield but apart from the fact I don’t have the scenery, I don’t think I can use it, it says in the rulespack somewhere, just like I can’t take a fortress of redemption.