October 11, 2012 by brennon
- The Rules of War. Including rules for creating characterful leaders for your army’s divisions, for scouting and seizing the best terrain on the battlefield and for fighting a battle of wit and nerve against your opponent.
- Battle Scenarios. A series of different types of engagement, from the classical pitched battle to more complex layouts, which can be used to play challenging battles.
- Mustering an Army. Rules for organising your models into an army, including two full army lists for the Early Crusader States and the Arab Dynasties, plus a range of sample units from other armies of the medieval period.
- Fighting for God. Historical information and a detailed map describing the onset of the Crusades in the Holy Land.
- The Battle of Samosata. The illustrated narration of one of our own games, featuring some well-known wargamers…..
- Customising your Battles. Includes guidelines and useful tips for running different games of Deus Vult, including tournaments, as well as useful playing aids.
That’s a fair amount of cool content and it’s good to see a sample battle report in the rulebook, I have missed those! I do enjoy the time of the Crusades as a period in history, Kingdom of Heaven being one of my favourite films. I might have to start thinking about getting into this and collecting my own army!
Will you be picking up Deus Vult?