May 13, 2015 by brennon
Iron Kingdoms Unleashed is growing already with news that there is a new book on the way from Privateer Press which focuses in on the adventuring within the Skorne Empire. Will you brave these unforgiving wilds?
“Far to the east of the Iron Kingdoms lies the treacherous land where the enduring skorne have built their empire. Iron Kingdoms Unleashed: Skorne Empire explores the scorching expanses of eastern Immoren, where survival means embracing the brutality and lethality of the punishing environment. Assume the warrior code of hoksune and adventure through eastern Immoren as a skorne, mastering the powers of pain and death to thrive in a land as dangerous as its inhabitants!”
No doubt we’re going to be seeing some articles popping up on Skorne Empire as we get closer to the release of this new source book telling us about the new classes and more that will be available to players.
- Discover the incredible millennia-spanning history of the skorne race. Learn the true nature of the Skorne Empire’s culture, including their caste system, government, and warrior code.
- Explore Halaak, Malphas, and the other major cities of the empire.
- Adventure as a skorne with over a dozen new careers, new gear and weapons, and new adventuring companies. Create your character with the new Caste system, granting unique benefits that represent your place in skorne society.
- Battle all-new beasts native to the unforgiving wilds of the east like subterranean razor worms, dangerous cyclopes, and the monstrous desert hydra.
- Wield the power of the empire’s warbeasts and new spells unique to Extollers, Mortitheurges, and Skorne Warlocks.
I love the idea of playing a group of beast hunters that travel across Immoren making a name for themselves taking down the biggest prey. What adds to that coolness is the fact that in reality you and your friends are more or less beast in their own right considered by other inhabitants of Immoren to be a bit ‘too wild’.
What better to hunt a monster than another monster?
"I love the idea of playing a group of beast hunters that travel across Immoren making a name for themselves taking down the biggest prey"