September 6, 2016 by brennon
Mantic Games have now added their Kings Of War Historical book onto their webstore for you to pre-order. If you’re looking for an alternative rules set to build up your Historical armies and bring them to the table then this could be the one for you…
If you’re interested in picking up this particular book then inside you’re going to find…
- The core Kings of War rules.
- 30 new lists for historical armies from Antiquity to the Late Middle Ages. Use a combination of a master list, themes and mercenary units to build your army.
- Veteran abilities to create unique units and represent elite fighters.
- New rules and scenarios.
- Add mythical units to recreate legends (or make new ones).
- Play your historical army against Kings of War fantasy armies!
It all sounds like a great way to get your armies down onto the tabletop and play out some good games using these straightforward and effective rules from Mantic.
All of the rules for Kings of War are represented here so they’ll give you an easy entrance to this game and of course their Fantasy world of Mantica too. With that in mind you can also add in some Fantastical elements to your force if you wish and have Historical armies battling against Fantasy ones.
The real meat and potatoes of the game though come in the Ancient and Middle Ages/Medieval army lists. We think it will be great fun seeing how this plays out on the tabletop and where it goes with the possibility of additional expansions.
Once this hits the tabletop we’d love to hear what you have to say about it and of course we’ll give you our own thoughts on it too.
Has this caught your eye?
"Once this hits the tabletop we'd love to hear what you have to say about it..."