September 3, 2015 by brennon
Mantic have some good news for those of you with big Fantasy armies looking for new game to play with them. Kings Of War: Uncharted Empires will be available from November and adds seven new army lists to the game including the bestial Herd…
More on The Herd…
“Dark Kyron tried to run away but Brave Kyron chased him, flying high across the sky. You can still see them both today, still chasing each other in The Great Hunt. At night, Dark Kyron skulks in the sky, sometimes showing his face, at other times cowering and hiding. Our lost kin worship him in the darkness.
In the day, Brave Kyron rises and chases away the shadows and once again shows us the light.
We live to protect and serve the Mother. We are The Lost now Returned. We are the Centaurs, Fauns, Satyrs, Lycans, Minotaurs and more. Some are more beast than man, some more man than beast. We live in the forests, in the hills, the mountains and the rivers.
We listen to the world and the world speaks through us. We are the heartbeat and voice of the Mother.
We are The Herd.”
If that has got you excited for them as an army then you will be pleased to know that their rules are available to download now right HERE. The other factions include…
- The League of Rhordia (Neutral human/halfling army)
- Ratkin (Evil former slave race)
- The Brotherhood (Good human army, knight/water elemental themed)
- The Empire of Dust (Evil skeleton army, ancient Empire and ancestors of the Ophidians)
- Reptilians (Good army of Salamanders and others)
- The Herd (Neutral beastman army of satyrs, centaurs, minotaurs etc.)
- The Varangur (aka The Shattered Clans, Evil humans worshipping an ancient deity)
There are no immediate plans for models for these ranges just yet but I wouldn’t put it past Mantic to already have plans for them in the years to come. I do like that The Herd aren’t inherently evil, it gives you a chance to do something interesting them with as an army.
Will you be bringing your army over to Kings Of War?
"There are no immediate plans for models for these ranges just yet but I wouldn't put it past Mantic to already have plans for them in the years to come..."