May 14, 2013 by dracs
If you want your battles to be for a good cause here are the details from Mantic:
The Mantic Pathfinders are running a series of Kings of War tournaments across the UK to raise money for charity. Entry is easy – your army doesn’t need to be painted and doesn’t even need to be Mantic models, which means almost anyone can play!
Each event lasts a day and you’ll play 4 timed games of 1600 points (allies are permitted). The ticket price includes lunch and, as well as a winner’s trophy, Mantic have provided some great prize support:
- 1st place – Winner’s trophy, a signed copy of the new expansion book for Kings of War and choice of an Ogre or Basilean army box when they’re released. The overall winner of the also chooses which charity receives the day’s proceeds!
- 2nd place – Signed copy of Kings of War: Kings and Legends supplement, plus an Ogre unit, when they’re released.
- 3rd place – Copy of Kings of War: Kings and Legends when it’s released.
There are two regional Pathfinder Tournaments left (the first one, at Firestorm Games in Cardiff, was won by Chris Morris – well done, Chris!) followed by a national final later in the year. The remaining events are at:
- Marauder Games, Stockport on 8th June 2013
- Tabletop Nation, Hockley on 29th June 2013.
Those are some rather good prizes up for grabs and the fact that the tournaments don’t require you to use Mantic models opens it up for other players to come in and give Kings of War a shot.
The eagle eyed among you may have spotted that the last of these events will be happening at our very own HQ in TableTop Nation, so be sure to head down and some of us might join in too.