February 5, 2018 by thisisazrael
Some of the key points include PlayFusion delivering multiple new card expansions, a full digital version of the trading card game, and organised play to immerse players and further support the fast-growing Lightseekers community
“Although very ambitious in scope, we see 2018 as an opportunity to further accelerate the already rapid growth of the Lightseekers Trading Card Game,” said Mark Gerhard, CEO and Co-Founder of PlayFusion. “Our community has spoken and we listened. With today’s announcements, we’re further pushing the limits of what our Enhanced Reality Engine™ will deliver for the game’s community, local game stores and the future of connected play overall.”
If you’d like to read more details including Organised Play dates you can head here but we’ve listed some of the highlights below.
- All-New Card Expansions – PlayFusion will unveil two new Lightseekers expansions in 2018. The first booster pack expansion, Lightseekers Mythical, will be released at across the US and UK on March 20th, and will feature 152 new cards, new Mythical Cross-Order Heroes and booster packs now with ten cards. The second expansion will be revealed at Gen Con in Indianapolis August 2nd-5th, rolling out to local game stores on August 7th.
- Lightseekers Digital TCG on iOS, Android and PC – PlayFusion will launch the digital version of the Lightseekers Trading Card Game on iOS, Android and PC devices mid-June. The new digital version will feature unique physical-to-digital experiences that allows players to import their physical cards into the digital game and play with them online.
- Organised Play Program – The Program, beginning April 1st, will enable game stores to host weekly tournaments with exclusive prizes for winners and participants. Prizes include foil Hero cards for tournament winners, foil Combo cards for participants, and a playmat for the monthly winner all themed around a Hero that changes monthly.
- Lightseekers Regional and National Championships – For players looking for more immersive and competitive experiences, PlayFusion announced regional and national Lightseekers championships. Four UK Regional championships will be hosted across the UK while US Regional championships will be hosted at PAX East, Origins, LA Anime Expo, PAX West, and PAX Unplugged. PlayFusion will host a Lightseekers UK National Championship at UK Games Expo at the NEC in Birmingham June 1st-3rd while the US National Championship will take place at Gen Con in Indianapolis August 2nd-5th.
- Lightseekers TCG Companion App – To help players locate, register and participate in Lightseekers live events, PlayFusion announced the launch of the Lightseekers TCG Companion app that is now available on iOS and Android.
- Lightseekers accessories from Ultra PRO – To help players protect their Lightseekers Trading Cards from damage, PlayFusion is pleased to announce that Lightseekers branded deck boxes and protective sleeves will be manufactured by Ultra PRO, the leading manufacturer and supplier of memorabilia, collectibles and tabletop gaming accessories.
All in all, there’s a ton of great things come for Lightseekers and it’s going to be an exciting year for the game.
You’ll be able to see how the BoW Team got on in the coming weeks when we learned to play and battled it out.
Will you be giving the physical or digital game of Lightseekers a try?
"Our community has spoken and we listened..."