August 3, 2015 by brennon
Titan-Forge are back on Kickstarter with another fundraising effort to get their game, Lobotomy, onto shelves. This one is a real journey into madness as you fight together to piece together the scraps of your fragile sanity and battle monsters from the other side…
So, how does this decent into madness work? There isn’t a full gameplay walkthrough yet but hopefully we will see one down the line. I think that could make the difference on whether folks will pledge for this.
- 1-5 players
- Cooperative horror adventure with role-playing character development
- Unique dungeon crawling, rogue-like mechanics and solo-play option
- Replayabiity with modular game board, random scenarios and different narrative every playthrough
- The ability to win the game but still lose your self, uncovering past personality
- Over 40 highly detailed miniatures and monsters inspired by classic horror themes
- At least 5 different player characters, each with personalized miniatures, backstory and their own set of powers
- Equipment and skills cards collected by heroes during the game
- Action, decisions and RPG elements lead to a big finale each session
It certainly sounds like a winning formula and I like that they’ve added in some mechanical elements from PC gaming with the rouge-like touch. Everything seems to be dripping with theme in the game from the tiles, to the card art and descriptions and the miniatures.
As mentioned above there are many different miniatures in the game box and here is a flavour of them showing off both the patients and the monsters they will have to try and deal with.
We know that Titan-Forge can deliver very nice looking miniatures now after their time in the business and while there have been a few kinks along the way they seem to have got the hang of it now. I like how weird and twisted the creatures are, especially that REALLY creepy faun/satyr…the Antichrist.
What do you think so far?
"This one is a real journey into madness as you fight together to piece together the scraps of your fragile sanity and battle monsters from the other side..."