April 3, 2016 by brennon
At Throne of Skulls over the weekend it appears some news has dropped on the future of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit with Games Workshop. The video above by Spillforeningen the Fellowship discusses some of the information but you can find out more over on the Great British Hobbit League Facebook Group.
Here is a bit of a breakdown of the news…
- Sourcebooks are being re-printed
- New Sourcebook available in October
- Out of production models will be bought back by Forge World
- Dain should get himself a model!
- Adam Troke will be working on the new books for (at least) four years
- Same overall rules but a new rulebook will be released with tweaked mechanics
- Name will change to Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game
- Game might delve into the Lord of the Rings appendices for content in the future
So, this sounds like a pretty good thing for fans of the Strategy Battle Game. The Throne of Skulls event really seems to have helped towards boosting the profile of the game and getting Games Workshop’s information.
What do you think?
"The Throne of Skulls event really seems to have helped towards boosting the profile of the game and getting Games Workshop's information..."