November 15, 2017 by dracs
Every so often, Wizards of the Coast mix things up with a comical Un- set for Magic: The Gathering. Well, it looks as though they are gearing up for another one, as they have begun previewing cards for Unstable.
It seems that this new set has a heavy focus on contraptions, and features five individual factions bringing their own cards to the table.
- Order of the Widget – Its watermark looks like a gear and castle;
- Agents of S.N.E.A.K. – Its watermark looks like a combination key and umbrella;
- League of Dastardly Doom – Its watermark looks like an explosion inside a light bulb;
- Goblin Explosioneers – Its watermark looks like a bomb and two sticks of dynamite; and
- Crossbreed Labs – Its watermark looks like a double-spouted beaker.
- Wizards of the Coast
Now, as with every Un- set, the thing everyone looks forward to is the latest wacky cards that will be appearing. Below are a couple of the ones revealed so far that have caught my eye.
Best of all though, this set has squirrels. Squirrels!
These sets are always a ton of fun and bring with them some truly memorable cards, such as the ever-favourite Ach, Hans Run! This one is definitely off to a good start. With squirrels…
Can you think of a fun mechanic for Magic?
"Now, as with every Un- set, the thing everyone looks forward to is the latest wacky cards that will be appearing..."