April 9, 2016 by brennon
This first book actually helps you get started within the world of Mindjammer with…
- Quickstart rules to enable you to play a Mindjammer game with just this book!
- Four pre-generated characters to get started right away;
- Descriptions, maps, and plans of a strange alien world with an exotic lost colony civilisation;
- A complete action-packed adventure showcasing the Mindjammer setting and rules, playable in one or more sessions.
I like the sound of that – having a sample version of the rules and an adventure to get stuck into. This means you could continue your adventures past this book if you so wanted with smaller adventures.
The second book, The City People offers up a new tale too.
“An event horizon probe has discovered a lost colony world beyond the Commonality Frontier like no one has ever seen before. Join the crew of Maggie, the Magnanimous Intervention, and take the light of humankind’s civilisation to the stars. Are you ready to push back the darkness—whatever you may find?”
Inside this book you’ll get…
- A mysterious and lethal alien world to explore—maps, biosphere, and more;
- A deadly multi-session scenario of conflict, investigation, and mystery;
- Tech specs, deckplans, and details of the Space Force instrumentality;
- Pre-generated characters, including the chance to play a sentient starship!
I like that each of these sets gives you something different but also the pre-generated characters to drop people right in. The chance to run a sentient starship shouldn’t be underestimated either.
Will you be delving into the world of Mindjammer?
"The chance to run a sentient starship shouldn't be underestimated either..."