November 18, 2015 by brennon
The Mindjammer RPG is back on Kickstarter looking for funding for a new sourcebook to be presented as both a PDF and in print next year. The City People aims to bring new adventures, guides, equipment and more to the Mindjammer universe.
So what’s the Mindjammer world all about?
“Mindjammer is an award-winning far future transhuman science-fiction roleplaying game and fiction line. First published in 2009, it’s now in its second edition. It’s a modern, 21st century take on space opera, with realistic yet hyper-advanced science, technology, worlds, star systems, and alien life based on our current scientific understanding and assumptions.
It’s dedicated to making science-fiction roleplaying action-packed and fun, while staying true to the heart of great SF: the sense of wonder, the losing yourself in the awesomeness of great ideas.”
The Core Book, which you can also get as part of this Kickstarter contains…
- Character genotypes, cultures, and occupations.
- Equipment and enhancements.
- Rules for starships and megaconstructs, including stats and deckplans.
- Rules for organisations and corporacies, including the instrumentalities of the New Commonality of Humankind.
- Rules for cultures and culture conflict. Become a culture agent! Fight memetic combats to protect the Commonality from lethal memes!
- Rules for star systems and planets, based on current planetary science and cosmology.
- Rules for alien life, including truly alien exofauna, ecosystems, and exointelligences.
- Guidelines for playing Mindjammer in many different SF genres, from exploration to military SF, tramp freighter to culture agent, political thriller to virtual realities.
- A whole octant of Commonality Space, with starmaps, planetary maps, and descriptions.
…while the sourcebook they are trying to fund, The City People, includes the following.
- Description of a complete alien world and star system, ripe for space exploration. Realistic science and action-packed adventure.
- Details of the Space Force instrumentality, including branches, organisation, the Fringe World Pilot Programme, and the Event Horizon Probes.
- Descriptions, deckplans, and artwork portraying the stage 2 explorer starship Magnanimous Intervention. Join its crew – or even play the ship as a character!
- An exciting four episode multi-session exploration and mystery adventure. Push back the frontiers of human knowledge!
This sounds like a very interesting project and it has already received its funding goal so they can begin to look at stretch goals. You can also check out a preview of the Mindjammer RPG HERE.
Does this sound like the system for you?
"You can also check out a preview of the Mindjammer RPG!"