July 18, 2017 by brennon
WarStages is a new terrain Kickstarter coming this month from Raging Heroes. Their idea is to bring a modular terrain kit to the tabletop in a diverse and interesting way, allowing you to tweak it all from the one set.
You can see a teaser trailer for the terrain above, but we wanted to highlight some of the main points they’ve shared about this terrain and what makes it something you should check out…
- STUNNING: For the first time ever, your chance to get a gaming table as awesome, big, and epic as a convention centre piece.
- MODULAR: Make it yours! Assemble the Gothic Cathedral, reorganise its layout to your likes, or completely reinvent your own WarStages thanks to our super modular assembly system.
- IMMERSIVE: Immerse yourself in a movie-like environment with loads of accessories that bring an unprecedented sense of atmosphere, scope and epicness to your games.
- PRACTICAL: Easy to assemble, easy to store, no painting required.
- GREAT VALUE: In our survey, you told us that you wanted great value for money, so not only are you getting the most insane gothic cathedral scenery ever at a great price, but it also has all these great qualities: super modular, infinitely customizable, epic as a convention table, immersive as a movie set, and ultra practical, quite easily giving you the best possible of bang for your buck!
Those are certainly some big claims and from the looks of it, it really is turning out to be quite the extensive, and quite frankly, huge kit.
It’s good to see that as well as some sprawling wall sections there are plenty of nice incidental pieces and ground based portions of the structures too. It feels like it would be great for Warhammer 40,000.
In addition, one of the selling points of this is that it doesn’t need any painting to get it down onto the tabletop. Of course, Raging Heroes aren’t the first to approach things from this angle as Battlesystems have been working in this space for a while, but this certainly takes things to another level of grandeur.
The basic concept of WarStages is that the bricks that form the core of the terrain can be assembled in all manner of ways. You can either create something as massive as the Cathedral you see here or expand this to design the interiors of spaceships, large ruined complexes and more.
This is certainly a concept and Kickstarter we’ll be keeping an eye on.
What do you think of what you’ve seen so far?
"You can either create something as massive as the Cathedral you see here or expand this to design the interiors of spaceships, large ruined complexes and more..."