May 7, 2015 by brennon
Inside The Covers
The rulebook looks like it’s quite a nicely jam packed and glossy with full colour images and what looks like a nice layout that will be easy to follow along as you play the game…
- Basic Rules. Contains all of the core rules you need to play the Terminator Genisys game.
- Advanced Rules. This section allows experienced players to add more detail to their games.
- Battle Scenarios. A matrix of 36 balanced games, where both sides enjoy an equal chance of victory.
- Force Lists. This section includes the statlines and special rules for all models and weapons in the two opposing factions of the War Against the Machines: the Human Resistance and Skynet’s Machines.
- Narrative Scenarios. Story-driven scenarios, recreating exciting events of the War Against the Machines.
- Painting & Terrain. Details handy tips about how to paint your models, and how to go about creating a scratch-built wargames table.
- Reference Section. Here you’ll find shortened versions of the main rules of the game, a compilation of the stats for all of the models and weapons, and copies of counters, templates and terrain for you to photocopy.
I like that we’re seeing some more of these painting guides appearing back in rulebooks. While we have a lot of them on the internet anyway it is always good to have them there in front of you on paper to.
Away from the rulebook I’m really interesting to see how this game plays and hopefully it will garner a good following allowing River Horse to then bring out additional supplements and more models down the line.
What do you think of the rulebook so far?
"The rulebook looks like it’s quite a nicely jam packed and glossy with full colour images and what looks like a nice layout..."