September 5, 2017 by brennon
The world of Sauriana is being developed by FossilPunk Foundry and the folks behind the game wanted to share more of their chatter on rules and just what the statistics mean on the player cards. So, let’s dive in!
The Rockhound is going to be the basis for this explanation so follow along below with the key…
- Agent Name
- Agent Type
- Fossil Price (points, basically)
- Faction Icon – the Othniellians in this case
- Moxie – Both Movement Speed in inches and order in which the Agent activates during the turn
- Ranged Attack / Melee Attack – this number is added to the D20 roll when attacking
- Agility – How easily the Agent avoids being hit
- Valor – How easy it is for the Agent to be pinned by enemy fire
- Special Rules
As well as this card, the Agents can then be given weapons and other types of equipment which will drastically change how each of the characters plays on the tabletop. You can see some more of the characters and creatures that come in the Starter Box for the game below with the Rhinophile.
…and my personal favourite which is this Steampunk inspired automaton known as the Saurotamaton.
The team behind the game have also listened to the community since they were last on Kickstarter and are going to be creating these miniatures in 32mm scale rather than 54mm. This means it’s a much more open prospect for people to start picking up and using alongside their existing collection.
Plus, the game has dinosaurs in it!
You can go and learn more about the world of Sauriana and its background HERE and then let us know what you think of the prospect of going out to hunt creatures of Prehistory!
Watch out for the game on Kickstarter in October 2017.
Drop your thoughts below…
"Watch out for the game on Kickstarter in October 2017..."