March 13, 2018 by brennon
Modiphius have a whole host of upcoming releases out for their Star Trek: Adventures role-playing game. As we’re Beasts Of War let’s start with the miniatures as we get a look at The Next Generation Away Team.
The set comes with a mixture of different species so you can vary your crew during your games. It breaks down into male and female versions of…
They look very cool indeed and I particularly liked this lady here, looking like she has seen as many fights as she has scientific away missions.
As well as these valiant members of Star Fleet we have a creeping terror from the depths of space. The Borg Collective have also got themselves a set of miniatures, giving you a whole new enemy to face on the tabletop.
This set breaks down into five male and five female Borg Drones. They are still dangerous, despite their lowly status and will stop at nothing to turn you into one of them, widening their reach throughout space.
Each of the models come with some very nice looking sculpted bases as well, giving you an impression of where they are in the world AND working well with the tilesets that you can also get for the game. Modiphius really have catered to everything that a Star Trek fan might need to play this game.
We take a peek at the new books as well starting off with the Beta Quadrant Sourcebook.
Inside the pages of this book we have…
- Information on the Federation’s presence in the Beta Quadrant, including the homeworlds of Andoria, Earth, and Vulcan.
- Material about the Klingon Empire and its history, including information on its core words of Qo’noS, Boreth, Khitomer, and Rura Penthe.
- Information from the Romulan Star Empire on their history and politics, and information about their worlds Romulus and Remus.
- A host of new Federation species to choose from during character creation, including Benzite, Bolians, Efrosians, and Klingons.
- A selection of alien starships, from the Klingon Empire, Romulan Star Empire, Gorn Hegemony, Orion Syndicate, and civilian craft.
- Guidance for the Gamemaster on running missions and continuing voyages in the Beta Quadrant, with a selection of new Non-Player Characters to enhance encounters.
AND, if you want to look ahead to creating characters from the Command Division then you also have a book suited towards that as well.
Taking on the role of someone like Picard for example (which works very nicely with The Next Generation Away Team incidentally) we have inside…
- A detailed description of the command division, including its role in Starfleet, the various branches within the command division, the role of Fleet Operations, life as a command division cadet, and details on starship operations.
- Expanded 2d20 Social Conflict rules, enhancing social encounters and galactic diplomacy.
- An expanded list of Talents and Focuses for command and conn characters.
- Over a dozen additional starships and support craft to command and pilot, including the NX, Nebula, Sovereign, and Steamrunner classes, as well as many shuttle types and the indomitable Work Bee!
- Advice on creating command division focused plot components for your missions to test the mettle of your captain and flight controller.
- New rules on running Admiralty-level campaigns that let you command entire fleets, as well as information on commanding starbases.
- Detailed descriptions and game statistics for a range of Command and Conn focused NPCs and Supporting Characters.
Phew, that is a lot of stuff and something for anyone who is even remotely interested in Star Trek. They look to have a lot of things covered here for those wanting to play all sorts of characters.
Last but not least we also have a new Tileset for you to explore with the Klingon Starship…
Have you been delving into the world of Star Trek? I’ve been watching the new Discovery series and finding myself enjoying it, plus watching back The Next Generation too and some very strange episodes indeed!
Let us know below…
"Modiphius really have catered to everything that a Star Trek fan might need to play this game..."