July 18, 2016 by brennon
So what’s going to be going on?
- SteamCon will play host to the Guild Ball World Championship Finals, with Players from all over the world competing to be the very first Guild Ball World Champion – with two last chance qualifiers at SteamCon! (The Golden Goal and the Last Man Standing)
- Exclusive Keynote by Mat Hart & Rich Loxam unveiling unreleased products and upcoming announcements for 2017 followed by a Q&A with the entire Steamforged Games Design Team
- Be one of the first ever to try out the full play-through of Dark Souls™ the Board Game.
- SteamCon Limited Edition sculpts, SteamCon Big League plot cards, a loot bag for every attendee and an on-site official Steamforged Store with more exclusive swag to be revealed closer to the time…
- 24 Hour Access to the venue for gaming throughout the weekend
…which all sounds rather awesome indeed.
But, that isn’t everything.
- Guest painter Meg Maples will be on hand for a painting masterclass painting previously unseen models…
- Is there a Guild that we absolutely NEED to make for Guild Ball? Convince Guild Ball creative director Mat Hart that we should make it in our ‘create-a-Guild’ seminar
- Or perhaps better still, come and see Russ Charles sculpt a brand new model, for that Guild, right in front of your eyes!
- Team up with your friends in the Guild Ball Team Tournament or try out some of our Disorganised Play formats like Guild Ball – Dodgeball!
- Test your agility in painting in the ‘Flint Speed Painting Challenge’
- Enter the Steamforged Master Painter competition for a chance to win big…more details to follow
- Kraken’s Den: Pitch your idea for a new game to Rich and Mat, get feedback and suggestions.
- SteamyCon Social - being Mat Hart’s idea this could be anything! But you don’t want to miss it!
- 24-hour ‘Empire Big League’ open tables with a huge flowing campaign during SteamCon. Participate to earn favours that can be traded in for awesome loot!
All of this sounds very cool indeed and it looks like a nice location to hold the activities too.
What do you think of the idea?
"Is there a Guild that we absolutely NEED to make for Guild Ball? Convince Guild Ball creative director Mat Hart that we should make it in our ‘create-a-Guild’ seminar..."