March 30, 2018 by brennon
Street Fighter: The Miniatures Game, is coming to Kickstarter on April 4th! Next week is going to be a big step for Jasco Games and Joe Vargas (Angry Joe) as they bring this mammoth project to the fundraising platform.
The game itself has gone through extensive playtesting and it seems like it’s now at a place where you’ll be able to live out some awesome clashes on the tabletop. This is all alongside an amazing range of miniatures.
- Play Street Fighter®™ like never before! Play in Versus Mode as well as Free For All and Team Modes for up to six players!
- Boss Mode offers three versus one Cooperative Play against one powerful Boss Player!
- High quality pre-painted “Collector-Sized” miniatures with breath-taking special effects sculpts!
- Stage maps with 3D destructible terrain inspired straight from the video games!
- 40-Card Character Battle Decks split into Projectiles, Specials, Strikes and Event cards!
- An Innovative combo chain attack system rewards smart play and hand management!
- Use powerful super & ultra combos for impressive finishes!
- Cross compatible with future Universal Tactics System sets. Create your dream scenarios for some truly legendary fights!
Talking of miniatures, here’s a look at just some of the designs which will be coming your way.
As you’ll have maybe seen in the video above from Joe Vargas, the game is serious about the bells and whistles. The miniatures are pretty big (Amiibo sized!) and come pre-painted so you just play straight out of the box.
From what we’ve heard in the press announcement the idea of multiple game modes is very interesting. I like that this is going beyond the one versus one stance and offering up more for tabletop gamers. All of your favourite characters are going to be in the mix too and here’s a rundown of just some of the designs.
I remember watching the Animated Movie and loving the way they dealt with the different characters in that. One could imagine that Bison is going to be one of those characters that could work as a boss encounter!
Vega was definitely one of my favourites from the game! We shall be waiting to see some awesome gameplay videos when the Kickstarter goes live so we can explore how it works in more detail.
I’m looking forward to actually being able to play this game because my thumbs just aren’t good enough to play it on console!
Check Out Our Recent Street Fighter Chat On The Weekender
Are you excited to see this Kickstarter hit?
"Play in Versus Mode as well as Free For All and Team Modes for up to six players!"
"High quality pre-painted "Collector-Sized" miniatures with breath-taking special effects sculpts!"