January 17, 2015 by crew
We’re back for the second part of this tutorial from Angel Giraldez who is showing you what you can do to make your Infinity Kum Riders look utterly fantastic using airbrushes and paint from Acrylicos Vallejo!
If you missed out on part one that can be seen HERE. For now though, let’s get back to the painting!
21) Picking up where we left off this is another view of the work we’ve begun on the rider.
22) I applied a wash with a mixture of 50% Flat Earth and 50% Black Red.
23) Another view of this wash application.
24) The first highlighting now begins with an application of a mixture made up of Colour Base and Sunny Skintone.
25) Another view of the highlighting work.
26) The second highlight is applied with a mixture of 30% Medium Fleshtone and 70% Basic Skintone.
27) Take another look at this technique here.
28) I then painted some tones with Cavalry Brown and Orange Brown onto his face. I also painted the beard with a mixture of 40% Colour Base and 60% Dark Prussian Blue.
29) Another view of this step.
The Kum Rider is really coming along and it’s insane seeing the amount of effort that goes into painting the skin!
Tomorrow we’ll finish off the Kum Rider and show off the full miniature in all it’s detail!
"The first highlighting now begins with an application of a mixture made up of Colour Base and Sunny Skintone."