March 25, 2018 by dracs
Plaid Hat Games’ board game Stuffed Fables is a really fun, narrative experience suitable for all the family. However, some players have been hankering after something a bit more challenging. It’s time to become Seasoned Stuffies.
Seasoned Stuffies is a series of variant rules that help to add an extra level of challenge to your games, including:
- Stuffing Shortage reduces the number of White Dice available in the bag, making it much harder to recover from attacks.
- Persistent Threat slides unused threat dice up the track, letting enemies activate again even sooner.
- Tough Bosses lets the big bads of Stuffed Fables start with 1 or 2 additional dark stuffing for an even greater challenge.
- Unlucky Stuffies have to deal with fewer purple dice available in the dice bag.
- Smart Minions will always choose to attack a Stuffy without a die stored on their card
I have been playing a fair bit of Stuffed Fables lately and I absolutely love it. It is a very accessible game and I love its narrative focus.
However, I definitely understand the desire to make it a bit more challenging at times, so I think it is great to see Plaid Hat catering to these desires.
Have you played Stuffed Fables? What are your thoughts on it?
"Some players have been hankering after something a bit more challenging..."