January 9, 2016 by brennon
Modiphius have joined forces with the creators of Symbaroum, the Dark Fantasy RPG from Sweden, to bring it to English speaking role-players. Take a look at the cover and some of the key points about this system…
So, what’s inside the book?
- A fast-paced and flexible rule-set for creating player characters and acting in the game world.
- 5 playable races and 3 archetypes, divided into 15 occupations, as a basis for character creation.
- 35 abilities, 25 mystical powers, 33 rituals and a large number of weapons and armors to make each character unique.
- Detailed guidelines for how to create adventures; 38 monsters and adversaries, and 19 monstrous traits to arm the characters’ enemies with.
- More than 50 pages describing the game world’s history, geography and cultures, focusing on four particular settings: the Forest of Davokar, the fortune hunter’s town of Thistle Hold, the Ambrian capital Yndaros and the cliff of Karvosti where the barbarian clans convene.
- Symbaroum is a complete roleplaying game; all you need to play is paper, pen and a dice set.
- This roleplaying game is suitable for all adventurous humans, goblins and trolls from the age of 12.
The artwork for the game is wonderful as you can see below and this looks like it would be a very interesting world to explore on the tabletop. I like the folklore and mythical nature that the game exudes. Have any of our European followers played this before?
Will you be venturing into the woods to explore them and defeat the monsters that dwell in the mist? Right now you can get the Core Book in PDF and Print form as well as Character Sheets HERE.
Let me know in the comments below!
"I like the folklore and mythical nature that the game exudes. Have any of our European followers played this before?"