October 22, 2016 by brennon
The game has been designed by the minds behind Neuroshima Hex and Cry Havoc as well as the team at Awaken Realms. The Draft Page for their Kickstarter is live now so you can go and join in to make sure the Kickstarter campaign launches smoothly!
The world of The Edge: Dawnfall features six different factions each with their own unique aesthetic. Let’s take a look at them…
These warriors feature an evolution mechanic as they grow on the tabletop. They are also combat orientated, can cannibalise the dead for their own means are focused towards single units.
The Chapter is focused towards being very defensive. They have a lot of healing to offer and are stronger together. Add to that plenty of area effect tricks and they are a force to be reckoned with.
The Reborn feature a poison mechanic and are focused towards casting lots of spells. If you want to play them you’ll need to be very offensive and focus on control of the terrain.
The Rha-Zack prefer to fight from range and have high mobility to assist that. They also benefit from many other enhancements and squad synergies.
The Demons have high initiative and love to get stuck into close combat. Match that with ways to curse and deactivate the enemy and you will have a thorn in your side.
The Dvergar have yet to be detailed but they’re coming soon hopefully as the campaign unfolds!
The focus for the game creators has been on…
- Open Play – Making the game as easy to start playing as possible with introductory scenarios
- Dynamic Skills – Abilities are focused on making the game cinematic and narrative rather than just offering a +2 here and there
- Campaign Mode - The game plays out on an Economic/Political Map as well as a regular Conflict board allowing you to play on two levels (for example, Total War)
- Asymmetric Factions - Each faction in the game plays entirely differently giving you new experience each time you come to the board
- Size Does Matter – The miniatures for the game are BIG for board game pieces giving the game a sense of presence
- Build Your Army & Deck – There is a focus on building your own personal army and tailoring your deck to suit your needs
The game looks like it will have a flavour and look to it as well as a fascinating backstory thanks to Awaken Realms.
Go and check out the Kickstarter campaign, which will be launching properly on the 24th October 2016.
What do you think of the game so far?
"The world of The Edge: Dawnfall features six different factions each with their own unique aesthetic..."